Welcome To aBlackWeb

OUT NOW Royce Da 5'9" - Book of Ryan

Goldie

I Just Want Some Chips
Site Owner
Royce Da 5'9's "Book Of Ryan" will feature a Bad Meets Evil reunion, among other high profile features.
Royce had us going for a minute. With his most personal album yet, Book Of Ryan, rapidly approaching, the public was convinced we were looking at a sole feature. While the J. Cole assisted "Boblo Boat" made for an excellent collaboration, fans know that Royce is more than capable of carrying a project on his own. However, raised eyebrows occurred when Royce dropped second single "Dumb," featuring Shady Record's Boogie; perhaps Royce was playing coy, opting to keep the album's guest appearances close to his chest.

As it happens, that was indeed the case. Royce recently revealed that the album will most definitely feature some guest appearances, and big ones at that. In an interview with Rap-Up, Royce confirmed that Eminem, Jadakiss, Pusha T, and T-Pain will be joining the likes of Boogie and Cole. He also reveals that Em will be appearing on a track called "Caterpillar," which Royce describes as follows:

“The basic theme of the song is, ‘Don’t disrespect the caterpillar to praise the butterfly. Marshall falls a little bit more into that category than I do, but both of us are caterpillars. A lot of times, you’ll praise these guys but gotta tear us down…But where do you think his style came from?”

He also teases an upcoming remix to "Caterpillar" with Logic, who came through with "50-something bars. It’s one of those shut-the-internet-down-for-a-couple-of-days verses for sure. I’m proud of him for that one.”

Cacs gonna go crazy for Em and Logic's Caterpillar verses. I can almost read the YouTube comments now.

If Boblo Boat were the only track to go off I'd be excited but I can't recall ever enjoyin' a Royce project so I dunno. Dope features tho'.

Who on production?

CS the em & logic hype.

I got a feelin this is gonna be his best project. The songs dropped so far been fire

LOL at "....his most personal album yet, Book Of Ryan, rapidly approaching..."

But the album features like 20 other artists

I ain't even gonna check for that Caterpiller song. I just don't find anything at all appealing, desirable and enjoyable about Royce's music. It's not for me at all

I don't enjoy any collab song they have ever done. I can't stand any at all not even 1 collab song they ever done. They all been wack to me

Nothing personal against Royce but that's just my opinion on his music. It does nothing for me at all. I'm not expecting Royce and Eminem to do a collab song like Mockingbird or When I'm Gone or Not Afraid or Cleaning Out My Closet. Royce wouldn't fit in on a song like that at all. It's not his style or capability. It would be so weird to hear Royce on a collab that's actually musical and based on song--writing and melody like that

But at least give a banger like this collab. Royce isn't capable of a Drama Setter either

If the song was something like this i would praise it give Royce props but i don't see Royce making it happen. Based on his limitations and his non musicality

I ain't even gonna check for that Caterpiller song. I just don't find anything at all appealing, desirable and enjoyable about Royce's music. It's not for me at all

I don't enjoy any collab song they have ever done. I can't stand any at all not even 1 collab song they ever done. They all been wack to me

Nothing personal against Royce but that's just my opinion on his music. It does nothing for me at all. I'm not expecting Royce and Eminem to do a collab song like Mockingbird or When I'm Gone or Not Afraid or Cleaning Out My Closet. Royce wouldn't fit in on a song like that at all. It's not his style or capability. It would be so weird to hear Royce on a collab that's actually musical and based on song--writing and melody like that

But at least give a banger like this collab. Royce isn't capable of a Drama Setter either

If the song was something like this i would praise it give Royce props but i don't see Royce making it happen. Based on his limitations and his non musicality

Royce doing a good and catchy hook is like India being in the 2018 World Cup. Just not happening

At least with India there's a big chance and hope for the future they will as the team progressing now and taking the sport serious

But Royce ain't ever making a hit doing a good catchy hook. He simply is not capable of that. In a sense it's sad for him because Jay-Z, Nas, Jadakiss, 2pac, Fab, Big-Pun etc got success by not being able to do hooks and having RnB singers feature and do the hooks on their singles. But for Royce it was a different story the RnB singers featuring on his songs couldn't get him a hit and record sales like they did these other MC's that can't do hooks and used RnB singers to feature for them

I don't mind raw and hard core rap i love this song. But Royce doesn't even make good raw and hard core rap like this

This song here doesn't even have a hook, has aggressive hard core subject matter, lyricism (but not over done, forced and unnatural), raw delivery and flow. And i enjoy this. @5th Letter @Goldie @CeLLar-DooR @Cain @obnoxiouslyfresh @Reesey @Remedy @Infamous114 @Busta Carmichael @DNB1 @Blue_London @Black_Samson, @BNE @KentuckyWildcat @HellCzar @Like_Water @Water Ur Seeds @RozayTabernacle

U still gotta make it sound some what pretty when u make raw and hard core rap. Let people be able to move 2 step to it like they did in this song. This where Royce completely lacks as an artist and is limited

Back