Welcome To aBlackWeb

Rolling Stone Remade Their 500 Greatest Albums List, The Top Hip Hop Album Was...

I spent 30 minutes scrolling through the list just to see that this list had 1

ONE

2pac album. All eyez on me came in at #436.

The most influential, most iconic, most popular (with eminem), and genrally considered the greatest hip hop artist of all time had 1 damn album on the list.

Jay Z had 4 albums better than all of tupacs albums? Kendrick Lamar 3? Drake 2? The carter 3 was better than aeom, matw, rusd, and the 7 day theory?

Not only is that absurd, its disprespectful.

One other thing...honestly theres only 1 album that should be in the top spot and thats thriller. Its the only album on the list where the majority of its songs are known by a massive percentage of the population.

Rolling Stone stay fuckin up.

That Marvin Gaye album is redundant as hell and its not a hip hop album if less than half us your songs have rappin in it.

Your crazy

What's Goin On is one of the best albums I've ever heard.

If we're being honest with each other, Its better than any rap album I can think of.

ONE

The most influential, most iconic, most popular (with eminem), and genrally considered the greatest hip hop artist of all time had 1 damn album on the list.

Jay Z had 4 albums better than all of tupacs albums? Kendrick Lamar 3? Drake 2? The carter 3 was better than aeom, matw, rusd, and the 7 day theory?

One other thing...honestly theres only 1 album that should be in the top spot and thats thriller. Its the only album on the list where the majority of its songs are known by a massive percentage of the population.

Yeah, I don't listen to much rock, so I understand that it's difficult to rank albums across all genres.

But What's Goin On is a good choice for #1. And Thriller should have been in the top 5 at least.

And like @25centsandwich said, 2Pac should have had an album in the top 10. I would have been ok with Me Against The World, All Eyes On Me, or 7 Day Theory being in the top 10.

FOH with that Beach Boys album at #2.

After looking through the list it’s aight. The order of some albums is just weird to me. I refuse to believe trash ass Yeezus & baige ass “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late” are top 500 albums ever. The other hip hop albums on there I can live with

ONE

People that don't listen to rap made the list.

Which hov albums made the list?

MBDTF top 3 hip hop. Might be second only to Illmatic.

:ualreadyknow:

Yeah, I don't listen to much rock, so I understand that it's difficult to rank albums across all genres.

But What's Goin On is a good choice for #1. And Thriller should have been in the top 5 at least.

And like @25centsandwich said, 2Pac should have had an album in the top 10. I would have been ok with Me Against The World, All Eyes On Me, or 7 Day Theory being in the top 10.

FOH with that Beach Boys album at #2.

I didn't even think about the lack of 2Pac. That said I ain't really that mad at it. Me Against the World should have been on this list though. 2Pac is kinda weird though. When you step back and think about it, he was really more well known for his persona than his music. He had hits for sure, but I don't think anyone was really putting his albums on that top tier list until after he died. Then his work got some of that posthumous respect.

I didn't even think about the lack of 2Pac. That said I ain't really that mad at it. Me Against the World should have been on this list though. 2Pac is kinda weird though. When you step back and think about it, he was really more well known for his persona than his music. He had hits for sure, but I don't think anyone was really putting his albums on that top tier list until after he died. Then his work got some of that posthumous respect.

I like 2Pac's hits, but I feel like his albums have a lot of filler.

That's just my opinion.

Back