Welcome To aBlackWeb

RIP Kevin Samuels

I think part of the problem was/is that people watched his videos and took his criticisms of the individuals who called in as some sort of gospel and felt they too could do the same. There are men who really took his "high value male" shtick to heart and come at women with that same level of disrespect thinking they're being "real".

We pussyfoot around the truth too much nowadays. Say what's up blunt and direct and learn how to accept it when it comes.

Being blunt doesn't mean being disrespectful or insulting. The two aren't the same at all. If you can't be blunt or up front without being insulting or talking down to someone then you're a pretty bad communicator

Blunt and direct doesn't equal rude and disrespectful.

I think everyone takes blunt and direct as rude and disrespectful because folks are overly sensitive these days. The couple or three videos I glanced at it seemed like dude simply wasn't about to let folks be delusional about their situation. And, yeah, he added a lil to it for emphasis and possibly comedic effect but the message was still there.

I think everyone takes blunt and direct as rude and disrespectful because folks are overly sensitive these days. The couple or three videos I glanced at it seemed like dude simply wasn't about to let folks be delusional about their situation. And, yeah, he added a lil to it for emphasis and possibly comedic effect but the message was still there.

So…it wasn’t just the message then, was it? It was extra spice, which was rude and disrespectful, to get more viewers.

Saying ‘You’re not the body type that most men find attractive when it comes to long term relationships.’ is being direct and blunt.

Saying ‘Ma’am, you’re built like Emmitt Smith!’ is rude and disrespectful.

I know that. You know that. KS knew that. The people he was talking to know that. The readers and listeners know that.

What are we doing here?

Is it people being sensitive or people setting boundaries for what they won't be allowed to be said about them? Because there's alot of people who for some reason think that letting someone insult you without telling them you're not for that somehow means you're being sensitive

It's also hilarious to see some arguing that delivery doesn't matter when the #1 reason those same people are claiming people didn't want to hear what KS was saying was because of his delivery being admittedly off putting. So clearly it does matter

Is it people being sensitive or people setting boundaries for what they won't be allowed to be said about them? Because there's alot of people who for some reason think that letting someone insult you without telling them you're not for that somehow means you're being sensitive

If that was really the case, then we wouldn't know who KS was in the first place. Those calls wouldn't have lasted as long as they did, there wouldn't be much in those videos, and he wouldn't have built as huge a following as he did. But he did because folks knew what was up when they called, remained on the calls, engaged in a dialogue with dude, and ended it.

It seems to me that a lot of y'all are more outraged at things he never once said to you directly. You can't be outraged for someone else, especially when that person always had the ability to end the call at any time.

That's like me eating spicy food and you over there 2000 miles away talmbout "damn, my mouth is on fire, why did you eat that???"

That's how much sense it makes.

If that was really the case, then we wouldn't know who KS was in the first place. Those calls wouldn't have lasted as long as they did, there wouldn't be much in those videos, and he wouldn't have built as huge a following as he did. But he did because folks knew what was up when they called, remained on the calls, engaged in a dialogue with dude, and ended it.

It seems to me that a lot of y'all are more outraged at things he never once said to you directly. You can't be outraged for someone else, especially when that person always had the ability to end the call at any time.

That's like me eating spicy food and you over there 2000 miles away talmbout "damn, my mouth is on fire, why did you eat that???"

That's how much sense it makes.

Nobody is outraged. Yall gotta stop throwing that word around simply when somebody doesn't agree with your pov. That's actually being as sensitive as you're accusing others of being.

I've already said in this thread the fact that people willingly subjected themselves to KS makes no sense. What I and others are saying now also is that for others who didn't call into his show or just in general don't think somebody needs to be rude or disrespectful just to get their point across isn't being sensitive. It's actually the opposite of being sensitive when you don't let someone just call you out your name or say whatever they want about you with no pushback.

I think part of the problem was/is that people watched his videos and took his criticisms of the individuals who called in as some sort of gospel and felt they too could do the same. There are men who really took his "high value male" shtick to heart and come at women with that same level of disrespect thinking they're being "real".
To Me That’s THE Problem
I’ve Yet To See Anyone Argue This

The fact that the commentary surrounding KS is about women's reaction to him not being able to handle the "truth" instead of the niggas who took his words to go out and downtalk Black women isn't surprising at all.

The fact that the commentary surrounding KS is about women's reaction to him not being able to handle the "truth" instead of the niggas who took his words to go out and downtalk Black women isn't surprising at all.

He said the same shit to men as well. Somehow y'all completely ignore that and only focus on what he said to women.

Nothing wrong with blunt and direct. But you don’t gotta tell a fat girl
She too o fat for love and think you giving good advice

Real question: Did he actually say a chick was too fat for love?

I've never watched any of his videos all the way through. I've only ever seen bits and pieces of random videos.

• Haha
Reactions: GNS
Real question: Did he actually say a chick was too fat for love?

I've never watched any of his videos all the way through. I've only ever seen bits and pieces of random videos.

He probably said she’s too fat for the type of man she wanted when it comes to how much money he makes and lifestyle. KS tell men and women that the folks they want normally look for a certain type when they reach a certain level of success.

Nobody is outraged. Yall gotta stop throwing that word around simply when somebody doesn't agree with your pov. That's actually being as sensitive as you're accusing others of being.

I've already said in this thread the fact that people willingly subjected themselves to KS makes no sense. What I and others are saying now also is that for others who didn't call into his show or just in general don't think somebody needs to be rude or disrespectful just to get their point across isn't being sensitive. It's actually the opposite of being sensitive when you don't let someone just call you out your name or say whatever they want about you with no pushback.

I wasn't talking about you, per se, but the people that continued watching his videos talking shit about him and what he said to other people as if it was them. I think a lot of what he said struck a nerve in a lot of people and that's where the backlash came from, but what I'll never be able to understand is why continue watching??? If I don't like something, I don't consume it or engage in it.

bet you thought you had a "gotcha" moment, didn't you? Now post the full quote, the shit I was replying to, and the context in which it happened.

I'm not going back to do all that, B. It already took me too long to choose which contradictory post to use. The full quote doesn't change anything about the context. If you wanna go grab it and post it, that's cool.

And naw, definitely not a 'gotcha' moment. I wasn't searching for one of those. No need. Literally everyone, including you, already has a full understanding of the obvious.

Back