Welcome To aBlackWeb

Retro Gaming Thread

Mane, I done modded the heck out of my SNES mini.

Ain't nothing like playing that Batman Returns, BattleToads, MK3 and MK2 etc... Even them old X-Men games I had as a kid I can play em. Just go to youtube and watch how to mod your SNES or Sega mini. Can play it at any time needed.

I think I'm going to start re-buying the actual consoles I used to have. Not sure which one I'mma start with, but I'm leaning heavily towards a Genesis and Sega CD. I used to have a grip of games for both and I still have Brutal: Paws of Fury on cartridge and Flashback on CD in storage.

The holy grail, however, would be to cop another Vectrex with games, two controllers, and screen overlays.

Retro games are the only games I find worthwhile anymore.

There's a timeless simplicity to them that works just right for a quick, fun, leisurely distraction.

Some modern shit has so much going on it almost feels like a chore to figure it all out.

Retro games are the only games I find worthwhile anymore.

There's a timeless simplicity to them that works just right for a quick, fun, leisurely distraction.

Some modern shit has so much going on it almost feels like a chore to figure it all out.

The simplicity in older games is also their strength. In most cases, you can't beat the game. You can play for hours and hours and never win, you can only beat your last score or someone else's score.

Wanted to restore the feeling

downloaded a PS2 emulator

So far, ive played ESPN Football 2k5, NBA Street vol 2.

Gonna dl, Vol 3 and Def Jam Fight for NY today

not my gameplay but i'll try to record some when im not so trash

where you getting the roms from?

I have PCSX2 for my PC. Runs pretty much all of the games I've thrown at it so far.

I have PCSX2 for my PC. Runs pretty much all of the games I've thrown at it so far.
I was trying to run this on an older PC with an older gpu and was struggling. Didn't realize the gpu was the issue until I installed it on my other rig.

Been having a blast ever since

I will say going from NBA vol 2 to 3 is a huge learning curve lol

I'm playing marvel ultimate alliance 2 right now

I realized how much older systems can be an inconvenience...hooked up a ps2 I bought with 20 games went to play the first one and completely forgot about a fucking memory card lol..still was worth it.

Back