Welcome To aBlackWeb

Retro Gaming Thread

I forgot how fun Kung-Fu (NES) was.

My fam was good at this game.

I was good as hell at it. I just played it on MAME last week and utterly sucked at it. I barely got off the first level.

When they finally got that one emulated in the late 90's, I played that shit so damned much I got good at it all over again. I might have to get back at it again.

Sorry. What's MAME?

I got tons more games like Kung-Fu I'm finna run through and play. Thankfully, roms made that very easy to do.

Sorry. What's MAME?

I got tons more games like Kung-Fu I'm finna run through and play. Thankfully, roms made that very easy to do.

you... don't... know what MAME is???

confused.gif

Is that even possible in 2023???

I'm fuckin with ya. MAME stands for Multiple Arcade Machine Emulator.

It's an emulator that more or less emulates old arcade game hardware. At this point, it runs literally thousands of arcade games and their variants. Neo Geo, Capcom CPS/CPS2/CPS3, Nearly all of the Sega systems (System 1/2/16/24/32, Naomi, Model 1, 2, and 3), Namco shits (System 10, 11, 22, etc) and pretty much every single arcade game from Pong through many current games.

MAME is what I used to make these videos:

I typically use MAME UI 64 as a front end for MAME on my PC. Just makes it easier to navigate and it can also spit out wav files and video of whatever you're playing.

you... don't... know what MAME is???

View attachment 1143294

Is that even possible in 2023???

I'm fuckin with ya. MAME stands for Multiple Arcade Machine Emulator.

It's an emulator that more or less emulates old arcade game hardware. At this point, it runs literally thousands of arcade games and their variants. Neo Geo, Capcom CPS/CPS2/CPS3, Nearly all of the Sega systems (System 1/2/16/24/32, Naomi, Model 1, 2, and 3), Namco shits (System 10, 11, 22, etc) and pretty much every single arcade game from Pong through many current games.

MAME is what I used to make these videos:

I typically use MAME UI 64 as a front end for MAME on my PC. Just makes it easier to navigate and it can also spit out wav files and video of whatever you're playing.

I'll have to check it out.

I'll have to check it out.

MAME is available for Windows, Linux, MacOS, Chrome (via RetroArch), Android, iOS, Wii, and other platforms. The majority of the time I use it on my Windows PC but I also have it installed on my Linux machine and now that I have RetroPi on my RasPi3 I'm using it there. I do have it installed on my laptop that runs OpenBSD as well but the port for that OS is pretty old.

MAME is available for Windows, Linux, MacOS, Chrome (via RetroArch), Android, iOS, Wii, and other platforms. The majority of the time I use it on my Windows PC but I also have it installed on my Linux machine and now that I have RetroPi on my RasPi3 I'm using it there. I do have it installed on my laptop that runs OpenBSD as well but the port for that OS is pretty old.

Sorry. Can't download it at work and some of the youtube links blocked.

You just dl it and select the roms you want to play or what??

Sorry. Can't download it at work and some of the youtube links blocked.

You just dl it and select the roms you want to play or what??

You download MAME itself, then you have to download roms for it like any other emulator. Romhustler.net is a good starting point (I've been downloading from there for probably 15-20 years). However, Archive.org also has complete romsets for various versions of MAME. I just downloaded the .139 set from Archive last week because that's one of the supported rom sets for RetroPi.

I wish I had a joystick with a rotating handle that I could use with this. I've had the roms for this game since the late 90's and have played it on MAME but it's hard as shit when you don't have a rotating handle. Same for Ikari Warriors, Victory Road, and Heavy Barrel.

Back