Welcome To aBlackWeb

COMMUNITY Religion and Science

Ok so it seems the last few years maybe a decade or so it seems black people in the US are less religious compared to our parents and grandparents. Yea the Church and Mosque are still around but it seems people under 50 have less strict religious beliefs overall.

I think education has played a part in this especially when you take certain science classes or religious courses you become less stringent. For some people those classes reinforce what they believe and not in a bad way.

For you has religion and science been at odds or do you separate the two?

religion creates and controls chaos and gives false belief and hope called faith.

nothing wrong with it as long as its not weaponized.

but then science can explain the truths and falsehoods in religion texts.

but to study science you need some hope and faith in your findings.

thread has potential

Religion begins where science ends

basically, anything that can't be explained thru science must be God

but you can't be a fundamentalist & believe in science

sum people still believe the earth flat so we ain't progressed too far

magnets, how do they work?

religion creates and controls chaos and gives false belief and hope called faith.

thread has potential

You don't need hope and faith in your findings, the findings speak for themselves

Religion was important for science, back when people believed the two were the same. Its run its course now, though, and it's more of a hindrance to science than anything else.

thread has potential

Nah

science is only concerned w/ what the truth is, not your feelings (not you personally)

Simplified:

Religion is nothing. Science is everything.
Im an atheist and i gotta disagree with this

Religion is definitely not "nothing"

It can give ppl purpose when they are lost, help give their lives meaning. It can help people get through very difficult times in life. It can help ppl in many ways. I know religion can and does have alot of negatives as well but its ignorant to dismiss all the positives as "nothing"

Im an atheist and i gotta disagree with this

Religion is definitely not "nothing"

It can give ppl purpose when they are lost, help give their lives meaning. It can help people get through very difficult times in life. It can help ppl in many ways. I know religion can and does have alot of negatives as well but its ignorant to dismiss all the positives as "nothing"
Im agnostic and you're right. I was speaking for myself

gotta have faith you searching in the right direction and your findings are true.

science gets debunked all the time. but before its proven wrong...we believe its right.

that's why there's laws (law of gravity) & theories (big bang theory)

insanity is doin the same thing & expectin different results, science is the opposite

science is merely questioning, moreso "how?" & not "why?"

how does water formulate? 2 parts hydrogen, 1 part oxygen

why does water formulate? cuz God...

gotta have faith you searching in the right direction and your findings are true.

science gets debunked all the time. but before its proven wrong...we believe its right.

Again bro that's not how it works. Modern scientific theories are pretty much fact because the evidence says so. Not because we believe it.

Again bro that's not how it works. Modern scientific theories are pretty much fact because the evidence says so. Not because we believe it.

???? What does this prove?

If the findings were wrong or the scientists misinterpreted the evidence, it still wouldn't be a matter of belief or faith

???? What does this prove?

If the findings were wrong or the scientists misinterpreted the evidence, it still wouldn't be a matter of belief or faith
someone had the belief they was right. someone else had the belief they was wrong.
im not saying its connected to religion but religion is based on belief.

its also a belief that dark matter exists even tho no one has ever seen it.
its a theory and belief it exists ....but no one has seen it or proven its there.

someone had the belief they was right. someone else had the belief they was wrong.
im not saying its connected to religion but religion is based on belief.

its also a belief that dark matter exists even tho no one has ever seen it.
its a theory and belief it exists ....but no one has seen it or proven its there.

It's not belief in the same way as religion tho. Scientists believe there's dark matter because the maths doesn't make sense without it and if effects its surroundings. That's belief based upon evidence and its subject to change.

It's not belief in the same way as religion tho. Scientists believe there's dark matter because the maths doesn't make sense without it and if effects its surroundings. That's belief based upon evidence and its subject to change.
based on evidence and its subject to change?
is it concrete or not?

in religion...is it not a belief in a higher power? never saw this higher power but it gives people hope. the bible has things in it that can be proven. science proved those things true.....but its based on religion.

so i choose to believe that eventually science will become its own religion.

based on evidence and its subject to change?
is it concrete or not?

in religion...is it not a belief in a higher power? never saw this higher power but it gives people hope. the bible has things in it that can be proven. science proved those things true.....but its based on religion.

so i choose to believe that eventually science will become its own religion.

Lol what breh???? Lemme light this spliff and read this shit again

Back