Welcome To aBlackWeb

OPINION Relationship Contracts/Agreements??

NeighborhoodNomad

the marathon continues........
We know that marriage is a sort of a contract but what do you think about having contracts or agreements for relationships?

For example... You and the person you're interested in or have been dating decide to be committed to each other (exclusively or otherwise) for a given period of time (1yr for example), and after that period you both can either choose renew/extend your contract or agreement with each other or you can both choose to not renew or extend anything and grow in other directions.

And a break up would be a termination of contract which is also fine. No harm no foul.

I don't know of any relationships like this but I do think relationship contracts/agreements could help couples be more appreciative of the time they spend together knowing their time together is limited. I think they could also help couples build together more effectively within a given period of time.

And a contract or agreement can be between you and your woman/man only. 3rd parties don't need to be involved in your relationship(s) if you choose to have it that way.

What do y'all think? Would you consider a relationship contract or agreement for yourself and the person(s) you're dating?

Why?/Why not?

I guess this is the eventual evolution. Everything is being challenged, and is up for review.

Romantic love is dying out. Less and less people are getting married. Church is a business. Shit just ain't the same.

People see no need for a marriage, but recognize the legal benefits. Domestic partnerships will become something not just gay couples get.... It'll be something everybody will get eventually, cuz people just don't care about marriage no more

I guess this is the eventual evolution. Everything is being challenged, and is up for review.

Romantic love is dying out. Less and less people are getting married. Church is a business. Shit just ain't the same.

People see no need for a marriage, but recognize the legal benefits. Domestic partnerships will become something not just gay couples get.... It'll be something everybody will get eventually, cuz people just don't care about marriage no more

I don't think as many people care about the traditional idea of marriage but they still want some form of relationships with people. I think this generation (and younger) is gradually divorcing our traditional ideas of marriage. I think we're moving into a space where couples focus more on the nuances of each other and their relationship rather than the idea of marriage that is basically in place for institutional reasons.

Hubby and I do this but verbally. haha.

Every year we sit down and go over our list from last year on things we discussed that needed improvement/adjusting.
Give praise where it's due and corrective criticism if necessary.

In the end, we each speak our piece about the past year and express our desires to stay or walk away.

It is pretty awesome and the growth and strengthening of relationship/friendship is real.

Hubby and I do this but verbally. haha.

Every year we sit down and go over our list from last year on things we discussed that needed improvement/adjusting.
Give praise where it's due and corrective criticism if necessary.

In the end, we each speak our piece about the past year and express our desires to stay or walk away.

It is pretty awesome and the growth and strengthening of relationship/friendship is real.

I love this!!!

You know what it is, it doesnt sound like you gonna be doing anything outta true affection or desire

Just living by the confines of the contract

@Reesey

Have you and your husband considered making a social media page(s) where y'all make videos about relationship topics and you can go live with your viewers, answer questions etc.? You have a unique and interesting pov and lifestyle that I think would be entertaining and that people can benefit from.

Start a movement.

@Reesey

Have you and your husband considered making a social media page(s) where y'all make videos about relationship topics and you can go live with your viewers, answer questions etc.? You have a unique and interesting pov and lifestyle that I think would be entertaining and that people can benefit from.

Start a movement.

We actually have! We are just trying to iron out all of the technical junk.

We had a podcast that we are restarting and will post them on my instagram and our Youtube channel.

As for live questions, I believe we may just go Instagram Live until we find a better platform.

Thank you for the encouragement and positive vibes. We tend to get the "ya'll are weird" comments so it's good to hear something different hahaha.

You know what it is, it doesnt sound like you gonna be doing anything outta true affection or desire

Just living by the confines of the contract

I would hope people who enter into an agreement like this would already have the love and affection for each other before even considering something like this for themselves.

But the only real "confines of the contract" would be the length of the commitment/agreement you choose to be together. Not necessarily one person needs to do this and another person needs to do that type of agreement. But if something like that is agreed upon, so be it.

My first Dom and I had an agreement.

That one was TOTALLY different than the one the TS is speaking about.
But it was awesome and it worked!

Back