Welcome To aBlackWeb

Real or no? Will Smith slapped Chris Rock for joking about Jada at the Oscars

Anybody listen to his All The Smoke interview?
I did. It was ok. The parts not about the slap were the best. He was definitely overtly pandering though to get back in people’s good graces.

Jack and Matt were definitely dickriding, lol. But I don’t blame them since it’s a great look for their pod. And I don’t expect them to ask the hard hitting questions anyway.

I did. It was ok. The parts not about the slap were the best. He was definitely overtly pandering though to get back in people’s good graces.

Jack and Matt were definitely dickriding, lol. But I don’t blame them since it’s a great look for their pod. And I don’t expect them to ask the hard hitting questions anyway.

Ok cool, I skipped it but wanted to make sure I didn’t miss anything major

Nah, Will just gotta reinvent himself like Tom Cruise in the early 2010s. Take a step back and do some supporting roles, do some movies you never woulda done before, attach your name to some indie joints, etc.

he should embrace the fuckery and start taking villain roles.

Any role where he doesnt do a fuckin accent really lol

That would be genius actually.

I'm sure if I search hard enough, I could find a thread where I break it down that it's time for him to pivot into Denzel/Alonzo territory anyway.

Only so many times we can watch him save the world or win at the end before we get bored.

Last edited:
That would be genius actually.

I'm sure if I search hard enough, I could find a thread where I break it down that it's time for him to pivot into Denzel/Alonzo territory anyway.

Only so many times we can watch him save the world or win at the end before we get bored.

Ima keep it a buck: Will Smith ain’t got that kinda range, I don’t think. He’s one of them cats who always just plays different versions of himself. That boy ain’t got the chops to make the heel turn.

Ima keep it a buck: Will Smith ain’t got that kinda range, I don’t think. He’s one of them cats who always just plays different versions of himself. That boy ain’t got the chops to make the heel turn.
I been saying the same thing for years but I still want to see him play the villain.

An Oscar award winning actor don't have range?!?

I've had it up to here with you abw negros and your overly critical nature when it comes to black actors.

Do better man, do better.
Gemini Man…

JCVD did the same movie with worse technology and still made a better “Gemini Man.”

Double Impact and The Replicant

An Oscar award winning actor don't have range?!?

I've had it up to here with you abw negros and your overly critical nature when it comes to black actors.

Do better man, do better.
thank-you-the-office.gif

Range means him .. for once playing a despicable character on screen ... One that would get people actually talking about it

He won an Oscar for playing the Richard Williams but I've not even bothered watching that...

I'm not keen to see Emancipation either... Shoulda taken the role of Django a decade earlier

Range means him .. for once playing a despicable character on screen ... One that would get people actually talking about it

He won an Oscar for playing the Richard Williams but I've not even bothered watching that...

I'm not keen to see Emancipation either... Shoulda taken the role of Django a decade earlier

He played Hancock. That wasn't an Oscar worthy role, but the character wasn't exactly a good guy.

I'm not a Will Smith fan, but I think it's a little much to say he hasn't demonstrated range. Sure, there's a little Will in every character he plays, but that's true for every actor.

Back