Poll (Rd1) Artist of the Decade: Freddie Gibbs vs Lil Wayne

Better Artist of the Decade?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Being a better rapper
Better projects
Wayne is popular so more sales
Influence is a wash because Wayne ain’t really influenced anybody that came out this decade and if he did it’s marginal

So since it’s 2-2 I gotta go with better artist from 2010-now

Even if it is marginal. It's still lightyears ahead of any influence Freddy Gibbs has.

He’s talking about me

And I’m riding hard for objectivity!

:lol9:

Being a better rapper
Better projects

Wayne is popular so more sales
Influence is a wash because Wayne ain’t really influenced anybody that came out this decade and if he did it’s marginal

So since it’s 2-2 I gotta go with better artist from 2010-now

That's subjective, slim

Guess we both need to work on our comprehension skills.

Deadass, outside of ABW i have yet to hear anything about Gibbs

I tried to listen to him awhile back but couldnt do it. Dropping a shit load of projects dont make you nice, just focused and/or available

Wayne had a 4 yr gap and dropped a banger that sold thru the roof. 1 Wayne album does what 5 Gibb albums do, and Im not talking strictly sales either

Being popular seems to hold more weight than quality music. Pinata and Bandana are better than anything Wayne has put out this entire decade. This doesn't take away from Wayne being a Hip Hop icon but let's try to be real around here.

Remember I said arguably

But let’s play man

2014 and 2019

2014 I’d disagree. Piñata was the first full project I heard from dude due to the love I saw it was given on the IC. Thought it was cool, nothing special.

2019 I won’t argue, I didn’t hear whatever project you referring to but the rest of the year was weak so it’s possible.

Both of their music has been mid to me, so going by I guess impact Wayne wins by default. Shrugs

2014 I’d disagree. Piñata was the first full project I heard from dude due to the love I saw it was given on the IC. Thought it was cool, nothing special.

2019 I won’t argue, I didn’t hear whatever project you referring to but the rest of the year was weak so it’s possible.

Both of their music has been mid to me, so going by I guess impact Wayne wins by default. Shrugs

So wait you wasn’t gonna compare the music to anything else? Just I disagree and then you say you didn’t listen to bandana which many ppl on here say it’s AOTY?

Man don’t waste my time no mo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back