Welcome To aBlackWeb

Rare, Obscure Sh!t

Here's an interesting artist. His first record was a response to The Bridge Is Over.

His next record was dissing everybody in the industry (which rarely works)

Here's KRS One's response to Beat You Down, which was on the b-side of one of his 12"s

Anybody can post a video spamming but..
Where's your Rare & Obscure collection?

7aa9053209d786a3eac8d36d8a9bd2b03502b08e.jpg

8Off Agallah on the Beats and DJ Scratch cuttin up

Some of these joints are neither rare or obscure

I guess it's all relative. Nowadays all the stuff that's considered "rare" or "obscure" can be found on Youtube, which basically means it's not "rare", obscure maybe, but not "rare".

But I remember back in the early 00s when file sharing first took off. You could find anything that was officially released on a CD. But there were quite a few songs that were only on the b-side of a 12" or appeared on a mixtape but was never officially released.

I can remember ripping the 12" version of Eric B Is President and uploading it. That was one of those songs that you couldn't find online because it wasn't on the CD, it was just a 12" and when the Paid In Full album came out they put a remix on there.

I can say with a straight face that you couldn't find the Eric B Is President 12" version online until I uploaded it.

This count?? Got a set of “make it or break it” vhs tapes back in tha mid 90’s and 1 of them was a Wu Tang tape and it had this video on it...never heard or seen anybody really talk about it....until I just looked it up and hadn’t even really thought about it in mad long lol

Back