Welcome To aBlackWeb

Oh man....

Long sessions of us not speaking. Tone changed and how we spoke to each other. Everything became an argument or an accusation. Remember (when) immediately followed by nothing has changed....
@Hustlelitó the worse part was not being on the same page about the most basic of things. Felt like a fight was inevitable
Preciate that. Think I’m headed that way if things don’t change. Gonna suggest we got to counseling to try and save it

Preciate that. Think I’m headed that way if things don’t change. Gonna suggest we got to counseling to try and save it
Yall don't need a therapist to be open and honest with each other

Start with what each of yall need and taking a realistic look at if it's something yall can give each other. Or want to give. No arguing but list and time table for yall to continue with a healthy happy relationship

Of course you gotta think kids and assets and material things but the heart of it is really being able to lean on each other with those satisfactions that come externally.

Compromise is real af

Yall don't need a therapist to be open and honest with each other

Start with what each of yall need and taking a realistic look at if it's something yall can give each other. Or want to give. No arguing but list and time table for yall to continue with a healthy happy relationship

Of course you gotta think kids and assets and material things but the heart of it is really being able to lean on each other with those satisfactions that come externally.

Compromise is real af
I don’t mean to disrespect, but as a man who’s marriage was probably saved by counseling, I say they do need a therapist. It is critical to get counseling if you’re at a breaking point but want to work it out. If you could work it out on your own you already would have.

A therapist is really someone that acts as a 3rd party that can help you understand one another without all of the built up emotions over the years. Y’all already have your preconceptions of one another and that is very hard to look past without one.

Let me give you a real example. I’m rarely this open on here but hopefully this helps you out. Early in me and my wife’s marriage she had a drinking problem. So bad it pushed us to the brink on many occasions. She eventually quit cold turkey and has been sober ever since, but we were still having major issues because of the trauma from that period. Mainly because I was holding a grudge and blaming her for our issues.

You know what my therapist helped me see? That my wife was also hurting during that period! She was dealing with a debilitating addiction that she desperately wanted to give up but couldn’t. And she saw the pain and hurt it was bringing but was almost powerless.

That immediately changed my perception of that entire period of our lives. I began to have compassion for what my wife went through during that time instead of anger. I was so ashamed of how I’d blamed her and resented her and for all the harsh words I used back then. Brought me to tears, for real.

Needless to say, we started therapy over a year ago and have never been happier together. We started out weekly, then moved to bi-weekly, then monthly. Of course we still have our moments, but nowhere near what we used to because now we understand one another better and can break the cycle early.

So if you really want to keep her, and she wants to keep you, seek out a therapist. We have a black woman who is awesome, so I’d suggest someone who can understand y’all and where y’all come from.

Random shyt...

S/o forwards text to me:
image_1408613623_19700119_224117.jpg

tumblr_oevt0qBSUI1s9a9yjo1_500.gif

My response back:
Screenshot_20220610-183339_#Mood.jpg

Never have I ever heard a woman say...

"Babe...them drawers look sexy on you." Or "Babe...why don't you get some some sexy drawers?"

Cuz yall don't care! Am I right?

Only time a woman I've seriously dealt wit EVER mentioned drawers and me in a sentence is...

"Aye I'm at the store. Don't you need some more drawers? What size again?"

Lol!

Random shyt...

S/o forwards text to me:
View attachment 859365

View attachment 859367

My response back:
View attachment 859366

Never have I ever heard a woman say...

"Babe...them drawers look sexy on you." Or "Babe...why don't you get some some sexy drawers?"

Cuz yall don't care! Am I right?

Only time a woman I've seriously dealt wit EVER mentioned drawers and me in a sentence is...

"Aye I'm at the store. Don't you need some more drawers? What size again?"

Lol!

Nah...Definitely have been told before the print looks nice in some boxer briefs before.

Your lady will be appreciative.

Just copped 9 for $90 like 2 months ago? Lion King joints a hit

Now if you a grown azzz adult...male or female...rockin holey draws, then yeah...kill ya'self. Lol. But i'm talkin drawers in general.

Like I've gotten more attention rockin gray sweats than a a new pair of boxer briefs. Figured if ya shyt ain't lookin raggy...women don't really pay that close attention like we do wit them.

Back