Welcome To aBlackWeb

I have seen this first hand. Usually it's so they can have more control in the relationship or deep down are very insecure themselves.
Yes!

Imo, their insecurities aren't all that deep down tho...them choosing partners/SOs with low self esteem/low self confidence is a huge indicator of them being insecure....at least to me it is.

Also, they don't want someone who thinks enough of themselves to not tolerate anything less than what they know they deserve and what they, themselves, pour into/are willing to pour into a relationship

Most things in life have SOME conditions

How many people could you still love as a spouse if they murdered one of your lifelong friends for no good reason?

Gotta consider what the word unconditional truly means, it’s not just a casual word

Couldn't have said it any better.

Frankly the closest thing to unconditional love...is a parent's love for their kid(s). And even that could come wit kinda conditions. But it's usually extreme.

Random thought: After a conversation I had last night, it hit me that some people actually want (need?) a relationship partner who has low self esteem or isn't "too confident".

I call that a "Step Stool" relationship.

Essentially stepping on back of the person you're wit, just to boost yourself up. Like you mentioned earlier...it is an indicator of that person being insecure themselves.

So this young lady has been a twitter conversation lol.
What's everyone's thoughts on gifts on a first date? She bought him a cigar due to a prior cconversation as he uses them qnd he took her to a record store as she collects vinyls.

So this young lady has been a twitter conversation lol.
What's everyone's thoughts on gifts on a first date? She bought him a cigar due to a prior cconversation as he uses them qnd he took her to a record store as she collects vinyls.

I mean I don't see an issue wit it. Hell...her value sky-rocketed based off that small gesture.

It's little things like that, makes me look at her as having a potential long term relationship with her. I'm impressed more with that, than extravagant gifts.

Back