Welcome To aBlackWeb

Raekwon details Wu-Tang Clan’s response to U-God’s $2.5 Million lawsuit

Race Jones

gangster. grace. alchemy
Last November, Wu-Tang Clan member U-God slapped his band-mates with a reported $2.5 million lawsuit. The Staten Island, New York veteran named RZA and brother, manager Mitchell “Divine” Diggs in the lawsuit, and alleged that he had not been paid for any group work since 2013. That period includes amillion-dollar sale of the sole copy Once Upon A Time In Shaolin, as well as other work.

UGod_RZA_MastaKilla.jpg.png

Several days later, The Golden Arms MC seemingly clarified reports, in verse. On the song “Venom,” U-God pledged allegiance to Wu-Tang, even despite the legal battle.

Speaking with HipHopDX in promotion of his newly-released album, The Wild, Raekwon addressed the suit. Reportedly with a hearty laugh, Rae’ said of his “Black Jesus” collaborator, “I did talk to U-God! We was laughing about it and shit. He was like ‘Yo, man, c’mon man, that shit don’t even make any sense’ to be dealing with [Wu-Tang Clan] on that level. From what he telling me, that was just media just twisting things around.” While Raekwon suggested media hype (TMZ reported U-God’s lawsuit as an exclusive), he understood the frustration. “[U-God] want answers! And that’s what it’s all about.”

Raekwon also revealed that in the midst of the legal battle, Wu-Tang Clan has spoken about the incident while touring together. “The first thing I said when I seen [U-God] was like, ‘Yo, you suing me nigga?’ [Laughing] But he was like, [Sucks teeth] ‘C’mon man, stop it. That’s the twist that the people and press put on things.’ I actually asked him when we did the ‘Wu-Year’s Eve’ show out in Las Vegas.”

In the past, Raekwon has been vocal with his disapproval for some group decisions. Following 2007’s 8 Diagrams album, Chef noted that he felt the production was subpar in a conversation with XXL. Subsequently, Rae’ proposed an idea of a faction of a Clan operating as “Shaolin Vs. Wu-Tang.” While that would be a title an eventual solo title in 2011, Raekwon joined Ghostface Killah and Method Man for 2010’s Wu-Massacre side project on Def Jam Records.

The DX interview also addresses Wu’s absence from The Wild, as well as

Damn didnt know this. Please dont let this be Rza being Birdman on the low.

U god just always came off as bitter and salty to me. i don't know the ins and outs but I think hes just mad he didn't pop like everybody else.

Nah Rza been actin funny style for a decade now, not surprised homie hasn't gotten paid since 2013. He needs that money more than the rest of them niggas, cuz just about every member branched off and had solo success.

Nah Rza been actin funny style for a decade now, not surprised homie hasn't gotten paid since 2013. He needs that money more than the rest of them niggas, cuz just about every member branched off and had solo success.

I see your POV and RZA always seemed to give him the trashiest of beats lmaoooo

lmaooo @ u aint lyin @ the beats. But rza and rae/ghost been going at it with eachother for atleast 5 years now. They even said the whole 1 million dollar album thing was a dumb ass idea and nobody but rza even knows what songs were on that album.

lmaooo @ u aint lyin @ the beats. But rza and rae/ghost been going at it with eachother for atleast 5 years now. They even said the whole 1 million dollar album thing was a dumb ass idea and nobody but rza even knows what songs were on that album.

yeah man, I still dont know what the purpose of that was
just to have a needle dick white boy buy it??!!!??
really?

like you said RZA been on some other shit.
I still aint forget the time he said Hip Hop attire is the reason why Black boys are being shot by cops.
nigga don lost it.

yeah man, I still dont know what the purpose of that was
just to have a needle dick white boy buy it??!!!??
really?

like you said RZA been on some other shit.
I still aint forget the time he said Hip Hop attire is the reason why Black boys are being shot by cops.
nigga don lost it.

Yo that thread on the IC was hilarious lmaoooo

Then shortly after that didn't that situation with that Banks chick and russell crowe happen? And she said Rza sat around and let white people call her a nigger or some shit lol I know the bitch is half crazy so u can't take what she says too serious, but it still aint a good look b.

Yo that thread on the IC was hilarious lmaoooo

Then shortly after that didn't that situation with that Banks chick and russell crowe happen? And she said Rza sat around and let white people call her a nigger or some shit lol I know the bitch is half crazy so u can't take what she says too serious, but it still aint a good look b.

yeah that nigga been moving real funny as of late.

fuck it after further review---Rza needs to pay U-GOD lmaooooo

Golden arms has the weakest solo projects from the clan, but he has some classic verses.

Rae went offfffff on black jesus, but I still kinda feel U-God mightve got him on there, ofc Ghost went in too, but he had the weakest verse imo

Dead serious. He was diagnosed around the time 8 Diagrams dropped and he was suing RZA/Wu Tang back then. Then he started doing interviews and said that RZA put a hit on him and was trying to kill him and shit.

Back