Welcome To aBlackWeb

Racists are in their feelings over Kap’s new Nike ad

This was the post every one is taking issue with. You said he was on some bullshit, was faking the funk, and minimized his post by pointing out he’s half white. Then you went on to suggest because he’s half white he might have been seen as full white and benefited from white privilege.

Every bit of what you said and suggested was asinine and you were called on it.

#TheMWL

This was the post every one is taking issue with. You said he was on some bullshit, was faking the funk, and minimized his post by pointing out he’s half white. Then you went on to suggest because he’s half white he might have been seen as full white and benefited from white privilege.

Every bit of what you said and suggested was asinine and you were called on it.

Ehh dunno if I agree with this because everyone's focusing on the white privilege, and that post doesn't mention it at all.

Again, I'm not knocking his point about the 4th at all. I agree with it. Just the way he said it was weird to me. Came across like he's not acknowledging that's also part of his ancestry.

IMO, instead of coming across as "look at the fucked up shit white people did to black people", it was "look what THEY did to US", when he's half "they".

Ehh dunno if I agree with this because everyone's focusing on the white privilege, and that post doesn't mention it at all.

Again, I'm not knocking his point about the 4th at all. I agree with it. Just the way he said it was weird to me. Came across like he's not acknowledging that's also part of his ancestry.

IMO, instead of coming across as "look at the fucked up shit white people did to black people", it was "look what THEY did to US", when he's half "they".

So pretty much you don’t trust mixed folks

So pretty much you don’t trust mixed folks

I have 0 problem with them whatsoever. I just said the "them vs us" wording of it sounds funny if you're half "them"and half "us".

Let me ask you an honest hypothetical. Let's say another person was half black and half Korean. You wouldn't think it sounded AT ALL funny if they were like "Man, they're trying to gentrify our neighborhood. Got all these Koreans moving in". There's no chance you'd say "Aren't you half Korean?"

I have 0 problem with them whatsoever. I just said the "them vs us" wording of it sounds funny if you're half "them"and half "us".

Let me ask you an honest hypothetical. Let's say another person was half black and half Korean. You wouldn't think it sounded AT ALL funny if they were like "Man, they're trying to gentrify our neighborhood. Got all these Koreans moving in". There's no chance you'd say "Aren't you half Korean?"

I would say that but I’d also know we accept mixed people I don’t know how much those other cultures do.

I would say that but I’d also know we accept mixed people I don’t know how much those other cultures do.

I think a lot of Asians aren't big on black people (at least older ones), but it may vary by where they're from. Filipino people seem to like black people though.

That's what I'm saying though. That wording of it sounded off to me since he's from both. I said I supported his stance. I never said him feeling the holiday is bullshit is wrong. Just sounds weird to be half white using "them vs us" wording talking about slave-owning ancestors because those are (potentially) his ancestors.

Well the thing is they not embraced by white folks so it is us vs them

I'd agree bigots wouldn't accept him. But I'd wonder if he feels all or most white people don't accept him. Especially before his protest. He was adopted by, and raised in a white family which could definitely have an impact on him. He seems to have a lot of love/respect for the Kaepernicks.

but he’s also half “us”...

plus “look at what we did to us!” would sound dumb as fuck

but he’s also half “us”...

plus “look at what we did to us!” would sound dumb as fuck

Haha I agree with all this. He doesn't have to use us/them though. He could say he doesn't support the celebration of the holiday because of the continued enslavement of black people in America. So there was no independence, and saying there was shows a dismissal of the black experience in America.

Yeah at this rate...NFL is gonna be a distance memory for him. Bruh makin too many moves.

This dude, Haha. I know we support him because of what he's fighting for, and I agree with his anti 4th sentiment. But we can't acknowledge when he's on some bullshit? Haha. He's no Rachel Dolezal but he's faking the funk up here a little bit.

What's all this "you/ your ancestors"talk? He's half white! Those are his ancestors!
@Chicity a nominee for VIOTW

sorry Bow

Back