Welcome To aBlackWeb

Racists are in their feelings over Kap’s new Nike ad

First news I’ve seen in a while that actually made me happy

Glad Kap and Eric Reid are gonna get paid

Reid just signed a 3 year contract, and this would have to mean if Kaepernick wants to play somebody has to sign him right?

I suppose they're gonna give him a fair shot at playing again. Hopefully the nfl sees the success Kap has with nike and will realize the number of new supporters they get will outweigh the white supremacists who will boycott if Kap gets signed

https://www.businessinsider.com/nfl...to-get-60-80-million-in-collusion-case-2019-2

NFL officials are reportedly speculating Colin Kaepernick will be paid as much as $80 million in collusion-case settlement

There was no announcement about settlement details. A joint statement released by the NFL on Friday said that all sides signed confidentiality agreements and that "there will be no further comment by any party."

However, an NFL insider, Mike Freeman of Bleacher Report, spoke with several NFL teams and said the speculation was that Kaepernick would receive $60 million to $80 million as part of his settlement.

"Number NFL team officials are speculating to me is the NFL paid Kaepernick in the $60 to $80 million range," Freeman tweeted.

This is, of course, just speculation, but it was widely believed by those who were following the case closely that Kaepernick would settle without a trial only if the offer from the NFL was substantial.

"Sources previously said Kaepernick would only withdraw if a lucrative settlement was secured," Charles Robinson of Yahoo tweeted Friday.

Earlier this week, even Kaepernick's attorney, Mark Geragos, seemed convinced that the case would soon go to trial.

Kaepernick, a former San Francisco 49ers quarterback, and Reid, now a safety for the Carolina Panthers, had accused the NFL of colluding to keep them off teams because they kneeled during the national anthem before games to protest racial inequality and police brutality.
398F2FA6-88BE-4A55-8F9C-A587813F4C4E.gif

Yeah apparently he don't understand

The NFL was gonna either pay Kap now...or pay Kap later. Either way...Kap was gonna get paid regardless.

They knew they did him wrong and wanted to save the embarrassment of getting the truth put out there. Which is why there's a confidential agreement when they paid him.

Now if Kap decline the settlement and opted to take this to trial, not only would the owners had to pay him, but ALL their shyt would've been put out there for the world to see. Another black eye for the league. Goodell and them owners wasn't about to let that happen again.

So what is HE wanting the outcome to have been?

They settled to keep shit from hitting the streets ....shit would be been a black eye for them...but 80 million ain’t shit lol when Roger Godell makes 40 million a yr

But I'm sure they didn't wanna give him anything.

Me...I'd take it trial just to embarrass their azzz. I mean either way he was good regardless. But putting all that shyt on front street would've been the icing on the cake.

Yeah apparently he don't understand

The NFL was gonna either pay Kap now...or pay Kap later. Either way...Kap was gonna get paid regardless.

They knew they did him wrong and wanted to save the embarrassment of getting the truth put out there. Which is why there's a confidential agreement when they paid him.

Now if Kap decline the settlement and opted to take this to trial, not only would the owners had to pay him, but ALL their shyt would've been put out there for the world to see. Another black eye for the league. Goodell and them owners wasn't about to let that happen again.

So what is HE wanting the outcome to have been?
i wish he would have did that but he won regardless.. i wanted all that shit on front street the NFL throwing money aint nothin to them but made to show guilt guilt instead of implied would have been gold

i wish he would have did that but he won regardless.. i wanted all that shit on front street the NFL throwing money aint nothin to them but made to show guilt guilt instead of implied would have been gold

I wanted ALLLLL that shyt to come out about Jerry Jones. Cuz you know he was the one spearheading that shyt

https://www.chicagotribune.com/spor...rnick-david-stern-nba-nfl-20190214-story.html

David Stern jabs the NFL, saying Colin Kaepernick would have a job in the NBA

Colin Kaepernick, the quarterback whose NFL career was cut short after he knelt in protest during the national anthem, would still have a job if he were a basketball player, according to former NBA Commissioner David Stern.

Speaking on the Bloomberg Business of Sports podcast, Stern said that public criticism, particularly from President Donald Trump, may be weighing on National Football League owners. It's different for the National Basketball Association, which has made a priority of letting players promote and express themselves, he said.

"As we were digging out of a terrible hole for us — in the late '70s and '80s, when there was a fair amount of racism exhibited about players — we felt as a matter of policy we had to promote our players and show that they were real people," he said during the podcast, which will air on Feb. 18. "And it worked."

Kaepernick hasn't played since 2016, the same year he started kneeling during the national anthem to protest racial inequality and police brutality. While Kaepernick remains controversial among some fans — and he's currently suing the NFL — there's little debate that the 31-year-old has the talent to play in a league that is starved for healthy quarterbacks.

Stern said that Kaepernick should have been suspended by the NFL when he first began kneeling, and if he had been, his career would have been able to continue.

That's how Stern handled the major anthem scandal of his 30-year tenure as commissioner. The league had an anthem policy — predating Stern — that required players to stand. It was challenged in the mid-1990s when Denver Nuggets guard Mahmoud Abdul-Rauf refused to come out of the locker room before a game for the anthem, saying he felt it was a symbol of oppression.

Stern suspended Abdul-Rauf for a game — including a fine of almost $32,000 — and they eventually reached an agreement that allowed him to stand for the anthem with his head bowed in prayer. Stern's successor, Adam Silver, revisited the anthem issue at the end of last season. Amid all the public discussion of the NFL and Kaepernick, he reiterated that the NBA's policy wouldn't change.

Stern believes that the fans who were most outraged about Kaepernick's protest are passionate enough about the NFL that they wouldn't leave if he signed with a new team.

"Look at the bounceback the NFL had this season," he said. "They are the No. 1 sports property and the No. 1 television property likely in the world, other than the Olympics and the World Cup."

8C1BCBEE-342F-4D8E-81DC-38D042FD98D5.gif

https://deadspin.com/david-stern-colin-kaepernick-would-still-have-a-job-if-1832629133

Stern has some experience in this area. When former Nuggets guard Mahmoud Abdul-Rauf sat for the national anthem during the 1995-96 season, Stern suspended him for one game and fined him $32,000. Stern allowed Abdul-Rauf to return to action, but only after he agreed that he would go back to standing for the anthem while bowing his head in silent prayer.

As for Stern’s claim that Kaepernick would still have a job if his situation had been handled in the same way, Abdul-Rauf’s own career arc offers evidence to the contrary. He was Denver’s leading scorer during the 1995-96 season, but was traded to Sacramento that summer. Two years later, at age 29, he was out of the NBA.

Leave it to David Stern to take a swing at a target as soft as the NFL and somehow come out looking like an asshole.

A8190C0F-AA57-45EB-99CE-527E7FDBA79E.gif

http://www.sanjoseinside.com/2019/02/18/hanging-colin-kaepernick-doll-spotted-in-south-san-jose/

Hanging Colin Kaepernick Doll Spotted in South San Jose

Days before Colin Kaepernick settled his collusion grievance against the most powerful sports league in the nation, one of our readers spotted a racist effigy of the former San Francisco 49ers quarterback right here in San Jose.

It was close to 11am Feb. 12 when she reported seeing it in the parking lot of the Almaden area Costco: a plush Kaepernick doll hung by a chain-link noose on the back of a gunmetal gray 2005 Nissan Titan pickup. The observer, who asked to remain anonymous to protect her privacy, said the depiction of racial violence shook her to the core.

“Simulating the lynching of a black man who peacefully protested violence against people of color is racist behavior that cannot be tolerated here or anywhere in this country,” she said. “It’s absolutely shameful that whoever is driving this truck is fine with this public display of racism and hate.”

Many such hateful representations of Kaepernick have ignited headline-grabbing backlash in communities throughout the country.

Last fall, to name one example, a Placerville barber publicly apologized after a photo of a Kaepernick doll hanging from his shop ceiling went viral. The proprietor, known to locals as the Bowtie Barber, said he hung the likeness in 2016 after Kaepernick began kneeling during the national anthem to protest systemic racism and police brutality.

“I literally had no idea that I was offending people,” the barber told a Sacramento-area Fox News affiliate at the time.

That’s hard to believe.

We have no idea who affixed a noosed-up Kaepernick to the pickup photographed in south San Jose last week, so we can only wonder whether he or she would make similar claims of ignorance. But while Kaepernick’s biggest detractors try to frame their displeasure as some kind of patriotic defense of the troops and the flag, images like this make it hard to believe that it’s about anything other than race.

Colin-Truck-Costco.jpg

E1D9348C-E565-4879-8201-8450C92775F0.gif

Back