Welcome To aBlackWeb

R Kelly Trial. Guilty, Faces Decades In Prison

I guess I am cause I will still be stepping in the name of love while keeping my boy around who made a wrong choice in wording. The hell I'm gonna treat someone like a rapist who has never raped anyone before, that's stupid
How, nobody said rape and sexual assault is right, but who is anybody to say what people can and can't listen to

Nobody said what you can and can't listen to. But you also have to be aware that if you're gonna be so loud and proud, despite by your own words saying you'd stop listening to him if he was found guilty, about bumping songs where a grown man is name dropping a child talking about "she's got that vibe" then you also have to be prepared for people to look at you like you're a weirdo who condones certain shit. Everything has a reaction and consequence despite people like you constantly wanting to live in a world free of judgment under the dumb reasoning of "Nobody is perfect"

Bet you kept listening tho..

Well I did. Y’all remember the end to Vibe right? When he shouted out all the females?

“Gladys got it
Fontina's got it
Little cute Aaliyah's got it”

:yikes1:

There’s songs I’ll listen to from him still again…but this ain’t one. Lol

off topic but kinda on topic........when niggas found out Luther Vandross was gay I remember them older cats saying "I've been slow dancing with a chick, to a nigga singing about making love to another nigga" young me thought that shit was funny as fuck

still do 😂

You know what's sad...is that I'm willing to bet some of the niggas who got upset at those Luther songs probably are the same ones who won't stop bumping R. Kelly

You supporters are fucking foolish.

Your standard of decency hinges upon whether or not he was charged in the 90's?!

Are you fucking shitting me?
You know how many white folks was getting rich off R. Kelly in the 90's and 00's?

Soon as his usefulness ran out so did his favor with the Powers That Be.

We all knew it was going down like this, so why in the wild blue fuck are you hoes acting brand new now?

Nigga was making music with Celine Dion and yall niggas in here talmbout "why they aint charge him back then?"

Shut up.

I hope you say this bullshit while in a barbers chair and they permanently ruin your hairline.

If you like to hear songs about a grown ass man fucking a minor go for it.
Yeah cause as I was growing up that’s exactly what I was thinking when listening to those songs, smh.

You niggas be too stuck up sometimes. I hadn’t listened to Kels since finding out about how foul he was because I didn’t want to support him at all.

I just asked the question now that he’s getting locked up.

No one @ or quote me any further on this matter.

EA696F2B-63CB-48FB-8E1E-C09E3BAE12EB.gif

Yeah in the 90s. 30 years ago when most posters were kids or teenagers at best. A poster should've been protesting R. Kelly at the age of 8. And if you think that documentary was the 1st time people made it public they weren't listening to and had long stopped listening to his music in 2019 then you're just in an echo chamber of fuck shit where you're clearly cool with niggas who would casually joke about rape so it's no wonder you wouldn't be aware when people stop listening to someone who is out here raping young women

PURE ETHER!

D1861822-685A-41C6-9D17-4C5CEA699834.gif

What is faulty with this logic is that you are assuming everyone took their stance after seeing Surviving R. Kelly. I have never seen Surviving R. Kelly. I don't want o see it. I haven't actively purposefully listened to R. Kelly in several years. Prior to that, I was a huge fan of his. Like most of us, I was a kid in the 90s and heard the rumors, but they were just that, rumors. The first tapes came out and I wanted to hold out hope, but that changed my view of him. By the time the doc came out, I was a father of two daughters, the youngest of which was fighting cancer. I had already soured on him as a person and an artist. I simply can't listen to his songs and not think, "he was singing about some little girl."

Another part of this logic that fails is the comparison with other artists who faced similar accusations and may have even been convicted. A big difference between someone like Tupac, or even Michael Jackson (I haven't seen Finding Neverland either so forgive any ignorance here if there is such a smoking gun that was presented), is that there is no real proof of anything. Meanwhile, there is ample evidence of R. Kelly's deeds, and that is nothing new. The marriage certificate with Aaliyah surfaced long before the documentary...what more did you need beyond that to know that he was a problem?

You can go further back to Chuck Berry, Elvis, and whatnot but you are talking about another generation. There are probably very few, if any, on here to who those arguments would apply.
Sounds like something I would’ve said….

Wait.

Back