Welcome To aBlackWeb

R Kelly Trial. Guilty, Faces Decades In Prison

Not an excuse when you want to bring up a subject that was throughly discussed in a thread that you took part in.

I guess you're unaware of his LA trial that's coming up as well.
I wasn’t even thinking of Weinstein until you brought him up. Yea I was in the thread and forgot all about it.

Im load and wrong here.

f you

What you mean

You keep saying why nobody turned him in he had money and power duh. And the excuse of you not knowing about the Weinstein case despite it being a conviction says a lot. You was one of those what about Weinstein and ain’t even know he got convicted. Seems real funny in the light bro

You keep saying why nobody turned him in he had money and power duh. And the excuse of you not knowing about the Weinstein case despite it being a conviction says a lot. You was one of those what about Weinstein and ain’t even know he got convicted. Seems real funny in the light bro
I didn’t keep up with the case. That’s on me. Ain’t got shit to do with anything when I admit I didn’t know where it stood.

but miss me with that money shit

And yes let’s tackle this.

this man is right.
And you know why he’s right?

no doc made yall hate the others.

surviving r Kelly was made to made him look a certain way. Ok fine.
Let’s not act like other recent docs ain’t make niggas look misunderstood or lost in power.
Guilty is guilty

to me there is no such thing as more guilty.

“he only raped once, he raped twice....gotta cancel the second guy”

why not both?

What is faulty with this logic is that you are assuming everyone took their stance after seeing Surviving R. Kelly. I have never seen Surviving R. Kelly. I don't want o see it. I haven't actively purposefully listened to R. Kelly in several years. Prior to that, I was a huge fan of his. Like most of us, I was a kid in the 90s and heard the rumors, but they were just that, rumors. The first tapes came out and I wanted to hold out hope, but that changed my view of him. By the time the doc came out, I was a father of two daughters, the youngest of which was fighting cancer. I had already soured on him as a person and an artist. I simply can't listen to his songs and not think, "he was singing about some little girl."

Another part of this logic that fails is the comparison with other artists who faced similar accusations and may have even been convicted. A big difference between someone like Tupac, or even Michael Jackson (I haven't seen Finding Neverland either so forgive any ignorance here if there is such a smoking gun that was presented), is that there is no real proof of anything. Meanwhile, there is ample evidence of R. Kelly's deeds, and that is nothing new. The marriage certificate with Aaliyah surfaced long before the documentary...what more did you need beyond that to know that he was a problem?

You can go further back to Chuck Berry, Elvis, and whatnot but you are talking about another generation. There are probably very few, if any, on here to who those arguments would apply.

Both sides in here are acting incredibly illogical. You guys have clearly made up your mind about the reasons behind why you are going to continue or stop listening to his music and it's clear that no explanation will be able to change your mind. Yet you continue to ask for explanations and offer rebuttals as if they are going to change the other side's stance. It's hilarious watching tribalism at work.

It's always funny when the moral police step in the thread. That nigga was doing the shit since the 90's but they just stopped listening to his music when that doc came out

Yeah in the 90s. 30 years ago when most posters were kids or teenagers at best. A poster should've been protesting R. Kelly at the age of 8. And if you think that documentary was the 1st time people made it public they weren't listening to and had long stopped listening to his music in 2019 then you're just in an echo chamber of fuck shit where you're clearly cool with niggas who would casually joke about rape so it's no wonder you wouldn't be aware when people stop listening to someone who is out here raping young women

Yeah in the 90s. 30 years ago when most posters were kids or teenagers at best. A poster should've been protesting R. Kelly at the age of 8. And if you think that documentary was the 1st time people made it public they weren't listening to and had long stopped listening to his music in 2019 then you're just in an echo chamber of fuck shit where you're clearly cool with niggas who would casually joke about rape so it's no wonder you wouldn't be aware when people stop listening to someone who is out here raping young women
I guess I am cause I will still be stepping in the name of love while keeping my boy around who made a wrong choice in wording. The hell I'm gonna treat someone like a rapist who has never raped anyone before, that's stupid

This is sad. You already admitted to not knowing that Weinstein was given 23 years. Now you're trying to salvage some kind of "win". Sad.
Or both could be right.
I don’t keep up with the case but I was right in my statement and forgot about 23 yrs.

not salvaging a win. This ain’t about winning and losing.

Back