Welcome To aBlackWeb

COMMUNITY Social Justice Thread: R.I.P. George Floyd, Ahmaud Arbery, Breonna Taylor & now Tyre Nichols

TikTok has removed all posts w hashtags for BLM & George Floyd... according to the tiktok users on twitter. They’re flooding the App Store w 1 star reviews and deleting their app and accounts.

wow if true. Time for Drake to denounce them since he specifically made a song for them.

Tik Tok is owned by China right? Or do I got that wrong?

If it is owned by China, #1, this is their go to move. remove all news of a protest and uprising. They do that in China all the time.

But the crazy shit is that this is happening in the US. Usually, China would highlight the fuck outa any uprising in America. The fact they are removing posts about this issue is for sure an unspoken favor to Trump. Trump been going in on China bout the virus, this is like a favor to him to get him to back off a bit.

I'm not here for any turn the other cheek commentary. I'm not here to talk about how black folks have got to do better either. Fuck all that shit. Niggas need to learn when it's time to ride, that you don't waste time critiquing the squad. Not right now nigga we riding. So let's ride. We can talk about what we need to do and fix it later. Right now though we need to fucking ride.

Nah the police station was the message that needed to be delivered

No need to put more black people out of work

Agree. These multimillion dollar chains have insurance and liability against this kind of stuff...theyll be good.

Destroying govt buildings...your going to pay for that one way or another. Whether its those schools or public hospital upgrades that dont get done in a particular neighborhood. Or undercutting investments in the area. Iirc, this is what happened to la in the 70's.

Agree. These multimillion dollar chains have insurance and liability against this kind of stuff...theyll be good.

Destroying govt buildings...your going to pay for that one way or another. Whether its those schools or public hospital upgrades that dont get done in a particular neighborhood. Or undercutting investments in the area. Iirc, this is what happened to la in the 70's.

I agree w the sentiment. Insurance policies don’t cover damage from riot/civil commotion (I work in the industry) but regardless private corporations have some kinda rainy day fund that doesn’t come from tax dollars.

it is a fact that a police officer used his body weight on top of George Floyd’s neck, for 8 minutes, as he pleaded w him to “please” get off as he couldn’t breathe. It’s a fact that George cried out for his deceased mother. It’s a fact that 2 other officers were holding down the rest of his body. It’s a fact that this man slowly died for an investigation. It’s a fact this man wasn’t even guilty of a crime at that moment. It’s a fact that he didn’t even resist arrest as he was handcuffed and seen on video, not happy, but still complying. It’s a fact that protests started off peacefully until the protestors were attacked and provoked for nothing

those are the facts, Wayne... and they know what they’re protesting. They know why they’re rioting.

dude needs to not speak

TikTok has removed all posts w hashtags for BLM & George Floyd... according to the tiktok users on twitter. They’re flooding the App Store w 1 star reviews and deleting their app and accounts.

wow if true. Time for Drake to denounce them since he specifically made a song for them.
China is dealing with their own Hong Kong riots right now

Time for all celebs to stop using and promoting tiktok. Idk why a bunch of adults want to be dancing and looking goofy on a platform made for teens. Get rid of it now. This ish is banned in my house. I deleted my kids tiktok’s the moment I found out they had them. My daughter was pissed at us for days about it

Back