Welcome To aBlackWeb

COMMUNITY Social Justice Thread: R.I.P. George Floyd, Ahmaud Arbery, Breonna Taylor & now Tyre Nichols

shits mind-boggling. They know the entire world is screaming black lives matter because of things police do

They still continue to do the same things

This time the thing is pulling guns on car full of black..... underage.... females.

:imsayin:

I don't understand

I’m not sure if I agree that all we did was go outside, kill each other, etc., but I do feel like we’ve lost momentum and the message got diluted.

This is why we need a lobbying body or something to push our agenda. An organization that can articulate the changes we want to see happen and keep it going.

Where is the NAACP anyway now that I think about it? But we need something new, something that’s not just led by ex-reverends and church folks. We need an organization led by attorney’s, politicians, social activists, business men, athletes, entertainers, etc.

I dont agree with this take.

There's still folks out there in the streets protesting and mobilizing to make a difference.

There are folks out there that are actively seeking out more black businesses to support based off of said mobilization and protesting.

There are folks getting more familiar with the political process and running for office to get rid of established assholes that have had positions of power for years and done nothing with it but help themselves.

there's always gonna be folks wildin out, folks only out for self... and there will be some infighting unfortunately... but we cant let the narrative be painted that there hasnt been some progress and that there isnt still progress being made internally IMO

Jesus wouldn't stand for the bullshit he spouting. Remember, Jesus was considered a rebel and a heretic.

Malcolm walked back a lot of that. The Civil Rights movement was funded to some extent by white people. It's a little dumb to say they were funded by the people they opposed though. The white people that contributed to the Civil Rights movement weren't the white people that opposed equality for blacks. It's silly to even suggest that.
Finally finished and Malcolm didn’t walk back much of what he thought about the collective white man in America. He acknowledged that not “all” white people were evil as he once thought, but they as a collective were evil based on their acts. He even said white people couldn't join his organization, rather they should go back to their communities and educate their people on being anti racist if they wanted to really help.

I dont agree with this take.

There's still folks out there in the streets protesting and mobilizing to make a difference.

There are folks out there that are actively seeking out more black businesses to support based off of said mobilization and protesting.

There are folks getting more familiar with the political process and running for office to get rid of established assholes that have had positions of power for years and done nothing with it but help themselves.

there's always gonna be folks wildin out, folks only out for self... and there will be some infighting unfortunately... but we cant let the narrative be painted that there hasnt been some progress and that there isnt still progress being made internally IMO

Didn’t the murder rate go up though?

Back