Welcome To aBlackWeb

COMMUNITY Social Justice Thread: R.I.P. George Floyd, Ahmaud Arbery, Breonna Taylor & now Tyre Nichols

Those of yall that have returned to work, How have the white people in your office been acting the last week? My 60 plus year old white worker comes in my office this morning with tears in her eyes.. She's like "Ryan what can I do to more of an advocate!? I feel I havent done enough and it just breaks my heart" She boo hooing and shit and im just looking at her lol.. I really didnt know what to even say to her. Every couple hours she just comes and stands kinda in my doorway like she is waiting on me to engage in conversation with her.. Its already tough enough working in a mask lol and now i gotta listen to this white guilt pouring out

Those of yall that have returned to work, How have the white people in your office been acting the last week? My 60 plus year old white worker comes in my office this morning with tears in her eyes.. She's like "Ryan what can I do to more of an advocate!? I feel I havent done enough and it just breaks my heart" She boo hooing and shit and im just looking at her lol.. I really didnt know what to even say to her. Every couple hours she just comes and stands kinda in my doorway like she is waiting on me to engage in conversation with her.. Its already tough enough working in a mask lol and now i gotta listen to this white guilt pouring out

Never been happier to be working from home smh

ask her what that mouth do....thats a start.

they been fucking us for so long......time for some get back.

Police Department budgets need to be cut tremendously.

In the middle of a pandemic, we see all of the other social services in desperate need of funding while the pig bastards get full military grade equipment and use it to murder our babies and get away with. Violent crimes like murder has gone down tremendously over the years and if I was running for local office that'd be my major idea. Use that money pigs get and put it back in to housing, education, medical fields etc.

The 8 point plan is means tested bullshit funded by Obama and agents like Deray and won't do shit in the grand scale of things. We need to take police and prison abolition seriously.

Does anyone have a good resource explaining the prison and police abolition plans? I've tried looking both up and I always get things with these long winded explanations for why policing and prisons are bad, but I still don't have a good understanding of the proposed alternatives. I've seen some suggestions that explain how we can send fewer people to prison, and those seem like good ideas, but they never explain what we're supposed to do with the hardened criminals if there are no prisons. Now with this police abolition suggestion, I don't get that either. The police fulfill a needed role. They just do it badly. I think they need to basically burn the system to the ground and rebuild it, but that's not really abolishing police, so I want to know what they are proposing.

Exactly what @AZTG was saying the other day.

Exactly. Word for word. I was born into a revolution that still continues till this day. Was very involved at times, much less involved at other times. Went overseas and tried to join the armed fight going on and had the older people there smack the shit out me and say I can have much more impact in America than I would with a gun.

Saying all that to say, ive seen this shit happen way to many times. Different people and different circumstances but same exact fight for freedom.

And Ive seen how equally important it is to have 2 different ideologies both work together in different ways for the same outcome.

Its also why i said peaceful protestors need to stop calling rioters animals, and rioters need to stop calling peaceful protestors pussies cause the opressors would use that to divide the movement and destroy it.

Back