Welcome To aBlackWeb

COMMUNITY Social Justice Thread: R.I.P. George Floyd, Ahmaud Arbery, Breonna Taylor & now Tyre Nichols

I know this isn't the thread and alot of us talked about this topic extensively in the past but the reason "I" had a problem with how Jay-Z, Malcolm Jenkins and people like Drew Brees moved during the whole Kaepernick peaceful protest movement is because of the fact many of them were so quick to openly be divisive.

Jay-Z and Malcolm Jenkins really disappointed me because if anyone should understand how easy it is to destroy a movement by using divisive tactics it should be black people. There is strength in numbers, especially when everyone is working in unison to accomplish a goal but when people openly chastise, berate, or dismiss folks who are trying to achieve the same objective splintering starts, which weakens your number of followers. The NFL was smart in how they moved conversing with individuals who didn't mind brokering a deal without at the bare minimum checking the pulse of the player representives for each team or the guy who actually sparked the nationwide conversation. I'm not naive enough to believe everyone is going to have the exact same point of view on topics but to not even converse with the like minded individuals who are working towards the same goal can be counterproductive at the very least.....

As far as Drew Brees goes I'm not surprised by his statements because he is looking at the situation from the eyes of a privileged individual. I would venture to guess he isn't really a racist (and honestly wouldn't be surprised if he is) but he is most definitely showing with his words that he is unable to sympathize or coherently understand outside of his perspective, which is quite telling.. lol. Kaepernick on more than one occasion explained that he wasn't being disrespectful to the troops and even said he got the idea of kneeling from a former service member. If Brees really cared as much as he claims he does about the freedoms his family members fought for then he might not like it but at the very least would respect Kaepernick and the other players freedoms to peacefully protest.

But like most privileged individuals (in the words of Marlo Standsfield) he wants it to be one way......

Oh shit. Lets stop everything and go back to normal so Eve can go back to being comfortable.

Like i said bout drew breeze, just shut the fuck up. Keep your thoughts to yourself for a few weeks. Cant be that hard.

Just shut the fuck up.
Trina and Brees are wack but I think what Eve said is the worst by far. She trades a hip hop career to be a white man's fetish and nanny to lilly white children..yet she's just now having conversation about race? How??

Anything for the bag

Trina and Brees are wack but I think what Eve said is the worst by far. She trades a hip hop career to be a white man's fetish and nanny to lilly white children..yet she's just now having conversation about race? How??

Anything for the bag

Eve is tons worse. Not even close

I know this isn't the thread and alot of us talked about this topic extensively in the past but the reason "I" had a problem with how Jay-Z, Malcolm Jenkins and people like Drew Brees moved during the whole Kaepernick peaceful protest movement is because of the fact many of them were so quick to openly be divisive.

Jay-Z and Malcolm Jenkins really disappointed me because if anyone should understand how easy it is to destroy a movement by using divisive tactics it should be black people. There is strength in numbers, especially when everyone is working in unison to accomplish a goal but when people openly chastise, berate, or dismiss folks who are trying to achieve the same objective splintering starts, which weakens your number of followers. The NFL was smart in how they moved conversing with individuals who didn't mind brokering a deal without at the bare minimum checking the pulse of the player representives for each team or the guy who actually sparked the nationwide conversation. I'm not naive enough to believe everyone is going to have the exact same point of view on topics but to not even converse with the like minded individuals who are working towards the same goal can be counterproductive at the very least.....

As far as Drew Brees goes I'm not surprised by his statements because he is looking at the situation from the eyes of a privileged individual. I would venture to guess he isn't really a racist (and honestly wouldn't be surprised if he is) but he is most definitely showing with his words that he is unable to sympathize or coherently understand outside of his perspective, which is quite telling.. lol. Kaepernick on more than one occasion explained that he wasn't being disrespectful to the troops and even said he got the idea of kneeling from a former service member. If Brees really cared as much as he claims he does about the freedoms his family members fought for then he might not like it but at the very least would respect Kaepernick and the other players freedoms to peacefully protest.

But like most privileged individuals (in the words of Marlo Standsfield) he wants it to be one way......

Powerful post.

Almost all movements fail cause they get divided from within. History has shown this over and over, and all around the world.

Thats why I said a few ago, its really important to have all voices, as long as they are fighting for the same thing. You need you Obama and your cornel west. Both need to be heard. Dont put your eggs in one basket.

The only thing you dont need, is the Eve, Trina type mfers. All voices about the need and how to make a change is needed and should be respected.

If not, they gonna divide the people who think like Obama and Dr.West, and stop the movement.

I can’t let you speak on Jenkins.

Fam solid In these streets. Kaep friends talked about Jenkins and them and they didn’t say shit back just kept putting in work with folks like D. Davis and others.

I can’t let you speak on Jenkins.

Fam solid In these streets. Kaep friends talked about Jenkins and them and they didn’t say shit back just kept putting in work with folks like D. Davis and others.

I will say I respect Jenkins and the others from the players coalition for not publicly bashing Kaepernick and Reid but they honestly don't have much of a high road to take for unilaterally making a decision for all the players with little to none of their input. Him and those other gentlemen have done a lot of good in communities and i respect them for that but they definitely didn't mind not having a unified front and letting the league and the public vilify the more outspoken players.

Their good deeds is not unnoticed by me but that whole situation could've and should've been avoided.

Life comes at you fast. A few weeks ago it felt like Klobuchar was the easy choice for VP, now it feels like Elizabeth Warren might be the only choice.

Warren was who I was riding with for the Democratic Nomination and was the most sensible choice imo so Id be cool with that

Would love to see some color though

Back