Welcome To aBlackWeb

Quincy Jones Isn't Even A Top 10 Producer

Give Me The NIght is another one. That's 2 classic records so far.

What else you got?

I can only go off Larenz Tate’s portrayal of him in Ray...and he told Ray “Fuck tha chit’lin’ circuit and come get some over seas money”...that plus We Are The World and Austin Powers theme song is all I got to contribute to this....not my hill

:mybad: lol

The beginning of that Netflix documentary... Dr. Dre was at Q's house looking at his plaques and wall pictures and even a behemoth like Dre was in awe and shook at greatness before his eyes...

Like I said I'm a huge jazz head (listening to my pops records) and an 80s baby so I'm closer to 40 years of age so hence my reverence for Q

I'm definitely not saying QJ isnt a legend, he's just extremely overrated.

Even in the songs you posted, the foundation to Dont Stop was already laid by MJ. Alot of the creation of those songs were from MJ, from the beat to the lyrics. I can't give Quincy full credit for that, especially when he was only able to cook up whit at that level with mike.

Shit MJs beatbox was better than alot of these niggas beats

First off, that MJ beatboxing video is one of the greatest moments ever recorded in the history of sound, so that's not a fair comparison, LMAO. What you described constitutes as songwriting. The songs are ideally written before they get to the producer, at least in the time period of Q's prime. A less than competent producer would've just remade the home demo and released it as it was. I mean, it's Michael fuckin Jackson in '79... he could burp on a record and go platinum. A producer wasn't expected to write the whole song and play every instrument, only to present the final product you end up hearing. Aside from Phil Spector, Alan Parsons, Nile Rodgers, George Martin and a very select few others, no one got that surgical with sound like Q did at that time. Q's work with MJ is a master class in sound and rhythm, and that's coming from someone that only liked Bad out of all those albums. I definitely agree with you with Q being overrated (the aforementioned names SHIT on him in terms of producing). Shit, I can make the same thread about Dre, and he pretty much set the same standards as Q in the realm of hip hop as far as creating a big sound. I personally just hold him to a high standard based on him breaking literal sound barriers for Black music and giving us something beyond a subculture we can undoubtedly call our own.

This what we doing today?

Blaspheming on Q?

Y’all have fun with that.

giphy.gif

Babyface just makes R&B.

Quincy Jones knows how to conduct an orchestra, and he makes R&B.

That's why Q is better than Babyface.

When's the last time you heard Babyface conduct a symphony?

Babyface just makes R&B.

Quincy Jones knows how to conduct an orchestra, and he makes R&B.

That's why Q is better than Babyface.

When's the last time you heard Babyface conduct a symphony?

We dont give a fuck

Why don't you give a fuck about conducting an orchestra as you debate about who is the better producer?

Quincy Jones can do things that babyface either can't do or hasn't done.

Drop the great music from that orchestra that Q conducted

Back