Welcome To aBlackWeb

Question is this fair.......

Is it fair or not?

• Yes

Votes: 1 3.4%
  • No

Votes: 28 96.6%

• Total voters
nah a large percentage of ppl are transphobic. just read the replies in this thread.

i debate about these kinds of these things on social media, panels and podcast.

anti societal attitudes/norms towards trans persons is what drives these discussions not geniune concern for cisgender athletes

I get that. My point was that we shouldnt find ourselves where we are in a space to where even asking a question, being hesitant to have their children participate or looking for clarity is defined as being transphobic.

There are some folks here that have stances that are for sure transphobic... but like you said... nuance is needed on both sides of this debate cuz it aint just black and white. Like yall have said more research and data is needed.

A parent asking what the protocols and rules are of a trans woman about to wrestle or box their daughter shouldnt automatically labeled as transphobic tho that was my main point lol

Men are better athletes.

You can’t show one thing that says other wise

1C8BD434-93C5-44C6-A6CE-EF942CBDE737.jpeg

:smh:

a very good read as well:

this part stood out to me especially:

“But one of the more fascinating aspects of their work is the physiological science and history they wield to make a case for how sports does not simply reflect the gender and sex biases of our culture, but actually help shape them. They argue, “coercive sex segregation does not reflect actual sex differences in athletic ability, but instead constructs and enforces a flawed premise that females are inherently athletically inferior to males.”

Show me world records and athletic abilities that women out performed men at?

I wanna see results

I get that. My point was that we shouldnt find ourselves where we are in a space to where even asking a question, being hesitant to have their children participate or looking for clarity is defined as being transphobic.

There are some folks here that have stances that are for sure transphobic... but like you said... nuance is needed on both sides of this debate cuz it aint just black and white. Like yall have said more research and data is needed.

A parent asking what the protocols and rules are of a trans woman about to wrestle or box their daughter shouldnt automatically labeled as transphobic tho that was my main point lol

thats not why someone was being labeled transphobic.

i mentioned transphobia because ppl seldom employ introspection when discussing these kinds of topics.

its a way to say hey: am i genuinely concerned about the welfare of cisgender athletes or do i have some biases whether consciously or unconsciously that i need to unpack

Show me world records and athletic abilities that women out performed men at?

I wanna see results

why should i do all this labor in finding information just for you not to read it and continue believing what you want to believe?

you said there was no information disproving women can be better athletically than men. i gave you two sources.

now its “show me results” 5 secs later.

you didnt even engage with what i posted.

say man, play these reindeer games with someone else

why should i do all this labor in finding information just for you not to read it and continue believing what you want to believe?

you said there was no information disproving women can be better athletically than men. i gave you two sources.

now its “show me results” 5 secs later.

you didnt even engage with what i posted.

say man, play these reindeer games with someone else

If women are better athletes.

We would see their names tied with world records and incredible athletic displays that men can’t touch.

Again.

women are not better athletes.

science has come a long way from this idea that men are better athletes because of their biological makeup.

plus strength can be defined in many ways

The data shows pretty conclusively that there is a notable difference between male and female athletes at the highest level.

sporttable615.jpg

It turns out that, max output for women is about 90% of that for men, and that's been seen across a variety of sports for decades.

It's pretty much agreed that if all sports were co-ed, women would never be able to compete at the highest levels.

If women can be better athletes they would be. They get the same training same diets.

absolutely nothing different besides being a man and a woman

So again. Women are not better athletes

The data shows pretty conclusively that there is a notable difference between male and female athletes at the highest level.

sporttable615.jpg

It turns out that, max output for women is about 90% of that for men, and that's been seen across a variety of sports for decades.

It's pretty much agreed that if all sports were co-ed, women would never be able to compete at the highest levels.

babe this article is from 2012
there are other articles and studies that suggest otherwise.

im not calling for women and men to play together in a co-ed type environment.

im just saying attitudes have shifted away from men being the better athletes. the idea is sexist in nature to a degree and can be unpacked when engaging with how strength, metabolism, and oxygen absorption is measured

as science advances we may be shocked at what we might find.

The USWN team caught a L to a 15 year team too and they are the best women in the world

babe this article is from 2012
there are other articles and studies that suggest otherwise.

im not calling for women and men to play together in a co-ed type environment.

im just saying attitudes have shifted away from men being the better athletes. the idea is sexist in nature to a degree and can be unpacked when engaging with how strength, metabolism, and oxygen absorption is measured

as science advances we may be shocked at what we might find.

I think its more likely that we may find ways that might artificially allow women to compete more evenly with men, but I doubt we're going to see anything that proves that there isn't an inherent difference.

Another good example is the military. The marines are actually trying to get more women enlisted because they look bad in comparison with the other services. However, they've had problems in the past because of the difficulty women have had getting through basic training

Back