Welcome To aBlackWeb

This movie was trash and kinda exploitative.

I get the feeling they started with a good script and then a bunch of white movie execs started making little "tweaks", suggestions and changes to it that ended up making it into some bullshit drivel.

I had to stop it when the little kid shot the cop at the protest so maybe it got better after that but the whole movie up to that point seemed like some weird hollywood white person's take on current events.

This movie was trash and kinda exploitative.

I get the feeling they started with a good script and then a bunch of white movie execs started making little "tweaks", suggestions and changes to it that ended up making it into some bullshit drivel.

I had to stop it when the little kid shot the cop at the protest so maybe it got better after that but the whole movie up to that point seemed like some weird hollywood white person's take on current events.
If u listen to Lena Waithe s breakfast club interview she states she made sure to have final cut control over the project

If u listen to Lena Waithe s breakfast club interview she states she made sure to have final cut control over the project

Unless she paid for it 100% out of her pocket that's a fantasy. But even so if she's willing to fall on that sword so be it. Because that movie played like a cash-grab hollywood mockery of black people's real issues and pain made to be palatable to a wider audience that wants to feel a little piece of our experience in this country without feeling too bad about their own complicity in it.

Back