Welcome To aBlackWeb

This movie was trash and kinda exploitative.

I get the feeling they started with a good script and then a bunch of white movie execs started making little "tweaks", suggestions and changes to it that ended up making it into some bullshit drivel.

I had to stop it when the little kid shot the cop at the protest so maybe it got better after that but the whole movie up to that point seemed like some weird hollywood white person's take on current events.

That part with the kid shooting the cop pissed me off big time.

Then the 2 main characters not getting cleared of all charges posthumously really made me side eye the whole movie and how Lena is moving out here. But I will save my thoughts on her and her art once I get a look at some of her newer projects and the 2nd season of the Chi.

Then the 2 main characters not getting cleared of all charges posthumously really made me side eye the whole movie and how Lena is moving out here. But I will save my thoughts on her and her art once I get a look at some of her newer projects and the 2nd season of the Chi.
U mean 3rd season

I didn't see after that but there was a lot of problematic shit even before. Like how the whole altercation with the cop started because shorty (a lawyer, mind you) got loud with the cop and jumped out of the car on some wild hoodrat shit. And then her uncle happens to be a pimp. And then we have protests for cop-killers on the run (has that ever fucking happened?). This whole shit was playing like one of those "i'm a liberal" rich honky mf's who never even seen a black person before in areal life but has two adopted kids from fucking Malawi wrote it.

And don't get me started on the benevolent cop that they kidnapped that was mad understanding on some "yeahtwe have some bad apples" shit. Who knows maybe he came back later in the movie but again. After watching Harriet I wasn't willing to watch yet another wolf in sheep's clothing "black" movie.

I didn't see after that but there was a lot of problematic shit even before. Like how the whole altercation with the cop started because shorty (a lawyer, mind you) got loud with the cop and jumped out of the car on some wild hoodrat shit. And then her uncle happens to be a pimp. And then we have protests for cop-killers on the run (has that ever fucking happened?). This whole shit was playing like one of those "i'm a liberal" rich honky mf's who never even seen a black person before in areal life but has two adopted kids from fucking Malawi wrote it.

And don't get me started on the benevolent cop that they kidnapped that was mad understanding on some "yeahtwe have some bad apples" shit. Who knows maybe he came back later in the movie but again. After watching Harriet I wasn't willing to watch yet another wolf in sheep's clothing "black" movie.

Trust me, it was alot of stuff that made me side eye before the kid shot the cop also. Lol.

It was a ton of lazy stereotypes thrown around in the movie that I initially let slide because of who supposedly wrote and directed it. I thought that the ending would make up for it's lack of creativity and cliche characters. Sadly it didn't. SMH.

watching now. this dude really jus handed the clerk at the gas station the gun. that's it im done with the movie.

the dialogue seemed off. I let that slide. then the cop goes into the store to get the gas, while HE leaves the keys in the truck. smh. im done.

watching now. this dude really jus handed the clerk at the gas station the gun. that's it im done with the movie.

the dialogue seemed off. I let that slide. then the cop goes into the store to get the gas, while HE leaves the keys in the truck. smh. im done.

I was smh in disguise at that part. That should've been the end of the movie right there, for the stupidity

I was smh in disguise at that part. That should've been the end of the movie right there, for the stupidity
Some niggas ain't built for that life, he said it time and time again.

Nigga couldn't find courage, cause he never had a heart

8f57047e134f4041ee4a7908a377d5ba173a5140.gifv
8b1c3a9fa35f2c62197fd86f95f0c944eb068ad0.gifv

12aa2c9332a5b0aa47370322b572f449b22193d0.gifv
86dc64cbf50a1ba5e2d2c007531632e7b6de7884.gifv

97024aadfd6529ca6d696019d6a4c947117ddffa.gifv
75cf3eab424ca273c6cc237ffdf823027f618de2.gifv

Like others have said, there's tons of shit you can nitpick about the film that literally makes the plot seem unrealistic as fuck lol. Still was able to enjoy some parts of the story and thought the cinematography and score was on point.

I fell asleep the first time I watched this and was unimpressed but just got done watching the whole movie and it's really not that bad.....the ending was kinda wack but I get it. Glad I waited for this on HBO and had nothing to do today lol

Just got a chance to finally sit down and watch it..... this whole shit happened because she couldn't shut up!
And I knew that nigga would dime them out, buddy was heartless counting the money while watching them on tv.

Back