Welcome To aBlackWeb

Post Your Top 5 TV Shows of The Decade

I just can't agree. And those are all in my top 7 of what I currently watch. I think if we talking over a decade then they should have to stand the test of time to qualify.

Otherwise it might as well be what's your favorite show now, which we've done already.

I can understand that viewpoint... i just dont think something has to be going for the majority of the decade to have a lasting impact or to be considered one of the best shows of the decade.

Look at Chappelle Show... that shit was only two seasons.. not counting those "lost episodes" and it's widely agreed that the show is certified classic and one of the greatest sketch shows of all time. Just cuz it was two seasons doesnt lessen the impact it had

I can understand that viewpoint... i just dont think something has to be going for the majority of the decade to have a lasting impact or to be considered one of the best shows of the decade.

Look at Chappelle Show... that shit was only two seasons.. not counting those "lost episodes" and it's widely agreed that the show is certified classic and one of the greatest sketch shows of all time. Just cuz it was two seasons doesnt lessen the impact it had

This show is different because it never relied on any kind of continuity tho. If Atlanta or westworld were to be canceled tmrw you can't call them classics cause theres story left untold.

This show is different because it never relied on any kind of continuity tho. If Atlanta or westworld were to be canceled tmrw you can't call them classics cause theres story left untold.

So only stories that are finished deserve to be on the list?

If that's the case you might wanna take Homeland off yours

So only stories that are finished deserve to be on the list?

If that's the case you might wanna take Homeland off yours

I never said that. Re read my posts if you don't understand. I've been pretty clear.

I never said that. Re read my posts if you don't understand. I've been pretty clear.

So you can call Homeland classic if they dont come out with their final season next year?

If so, coo... that's ur opinion and ur entitled to it. We just happen to disagree

So you can call Homeland classic if they dont come out with their final season next year?

If so, coo... that's ur opinion and ur entitled to it. We just happen to disagree

Yeah cause it's been 7 seasons of classic material. Tf? If that show is canceled today it's still a certified classic.

That's like saying because the final season of game of thrones was an entire throw away the entire show isn't a classic.

Or because we found out that kevin spacey was a whole gay boogeyman that house of cards wasn't a classic even tho the last season was trash because of his bullshit off the screen.

I think seasons 2 & 3 were trash

But seasons 1, 4-7 all range from good to great imo.

I think seasons 2 & 3 were trash

But seasons 1, 4-7 all range from good to great imo.

That's coo. I was just talking about Freemans point about shows with 2 seasons not being eligible to be called classic or being in the convo of some of the best shows of the decade.

Then he went on to say it wouldn't matter if Homeland got cancelled abruptly and couldn't finish telling the story..

For ME, it's not about how long the show ran for.. it's more about the quality of the show.

Homeland did have some meh seasons tho..

That's coo. I was just talking about Freemans point about shows with 2 seasons not being eligible to be called classic or being in the convo of some of the best shows of the decade.

Then he went on to say it wouldn't matter if Homeland got cancelled abruptly and couldn't finish telling the story..

For ME, it's not about how long the show ran for.. it's more about the quality of the show.

Yeah I'm cool w/ at least 2 seasons. I got Stranger Things on my list and if they don't make another season. them 3 they have would still be some of the best this decade.

Homeland is on its 3rd arc. Its told 2 complete stories. Try again tho.

knock it off.. you mentioned stories being completed in order to be classic... now you trying to move goalposts..

I'm not moving the goalposts you just keep twisting or misrepresenting my words. And why are you upset?

I'm not moving the goalposts you just keep twisting or misrepresenting my words. And why are you upset?

not upset even in the slightest. homeland aint even good enough for me to argue wicha about lol... you been moving goalposts since earlier today tho fam

If you're talking about a decade the show should have a more complete body of work.

A show with 2 seasons could flop in the 3rd and be canceled before the 4th. I premium should be put on the shows life span and overall body of work and impact over that time period but this isn't my thread.

This is not the thread to get caught in the moment. Otherwise watchmen should be at the top of most of these lists.

I haven't moved the goalposts you keep trying to throw me curveballs about my list when I explained exactly how I came with my top 5 in the above post.

Never said a show had to be finished I said it should have a more complete body of work over a tried test of time. Homeland doesn't have that?

Back