Welcome To aBlackWeb

y'all, I don't wanna attribute it to micellar water because I added a few things to my skin routine at the same time, but my skin is popping right now despite minimal sleep and mucho stress. @Goldie is my witness, my routine is super affordable and it seems to be working even for my sensitive skin.

evening:

wash with black soap
wipe with micellar water on a cotton pad
apply a mix of The Ordinary's vitamin c serum and ferulic acid drops ($4-6 each and easily as good as the $60 versions)
finish by massaging in original Nivea Creme in the dark blue tub for moisturizer/night cream

morning:

wipe my face with micellar water on a cotton pad
moisturize with either a homemade shea/coconut/aloe mixture or Nivea's Soft Cream (just a lighter version of nivea creme, either will work)
put on some sunscreen

I woke up with the best skin I've had in years. I had places to be today, so I did a fullers earth (calcium bentonite) clay mask in the place of black soap last night but this has been the routine I've been using for just a few days and my skin is already transformed. on days when I aint gonna be out for more than 30 mins moving from office to home, I skipped sunscreen. yolo.

i literally had 2 hrs sleep today but looked like I'd been on a month long vacation. I know it aint living right, so it has to be this routine.

I'm gonna try it out, girl

Thanks for putting me on
grab this to follow up. they go together like butta'

nivea%20creme.jpg

@BNE, or really anybody

where can i get 100% aloe online?

a coworker recommended just getting a leaf from Whole Foods

Amazon has some great options, check the reviews for the real real though. 4 stars and up.
I've been reading outside of the actual leaf, there are additives that don't make it truly 100%

Does that matter?

I wash all over with African black soap - great stuff, good for hair n scalp too
Moisturize body with shea/cocoa/coconut butter mix
tone my face with rose water sometimes, usually just plain water
Moisturize face with aloe vera/olive oil/shea butter light whip mix

I dont really experiment with many fancy products. i keep it simple.
you?
How the hell is this simple?

How the hell is this simple?
cause it's a maximum of 3 products. all of which double as hair products.
I've been reading outside of the actual leaf, there are additives that don't make it truly 100%

Does that matter?
make sure the additives are under 1%, it should only be preservative. aloe vera gel doesn't need additives beyond a lil preservative.

Tried a lot of shit but I honestly get the best results when I just run water over my face then dry it off. Guess it’s cause my skin is naturally oily, products just make it worse.

I want to embrace the 10 step regime but I haven’t yet instead I...

Clean with a wash cloth and soap
Use Thayers Rose Witch Hazel
Apply Juice Beauty Serum
Apply Juice Beauty eye serum
Apply Neutrogena Oil Free Moisturizer

Depending on the day I apply a primer with sunscreen or just a regular primer then apply makeup.

Other days I don’t wear any makeup

Noxema

i do that dead sea salt once in a blue too
I been looking for this.
Where you find sea salts.
I found some shit once...shit had my skin nice. Could never find it again.
Had to settle for some shit from the side of the mall.

Just got turned onto African Black Soap. Shit is great. Never goin back to those acne medicine brands. Wasted so much money over years on them.

Ive only used Shea Moisture brand black soap body wash & facial scrub.

900.jpg

81HaB3yIGmL._SY355_.jpg

Have any yall tried Walmarts brand? Its half the price but i dont want it if its bullshit

Last edited:
Found this thread searching "african black soap"

Didnt realize i was in the ladies room nh

:hehe:

Back