Welcome To aBlackWeb

Wasn't that u saying you were plannin on growin dreads? @JasIsFree
She was
de7aea6d167518c3dbc2d215e7257552.jpg

At the moment I really don't. Usually I will wash and air dry and then it goes right on up-I do not have time to do much (or I am lazy, lol)

Right now I have Senegalese Twists in and I am enjoying that since it is super low maintenance and takes way less time to have installed as opposed to box braids.
they take less time than box braids?? I been wanting Senegalese twists for yrs but had a fear of spending $150 on em, for them 2 come undone in a week lol

how long did it take n how long they lasting?

they take less time than box braids?? I been wanting Senegalese twists for yrs but had a fear of spending $150 on em, for them 2 come undone in a week lol

how long did it take n how long they lasting?

Girl they literally took less than an hour!!!! I died!!!!! It's because they are pre done and installed with the crochet technique so your hair is braided and then the twists are hooked in. I am so mad about the amount of time I have spent having box braids installed after that lol. And the cost is much much less. I have had them about 3 weeks now and people are saying they still look fresh. I am picky though and may have them redone in the next couple of weeks. Part of that is due to they didnt have the exact hair color I wanted so I had to go lighter-I like it but would rather stay closer to my natural color. The lady that did mine says they can actually go longer than braids but I need to be able to deep condition so I won't wear them that long. Even with braids I didn't.

I've become a big fan of crocheting. I recently had some box braids and they were so dope. The hair was so neatly braided and wasn't as heavy as I assumed it would be. I only had a few pics bc I tend to trash the storage on my phone a lot.

IMG_20170110_204208023.jpg IMG_20170113_212622890.jpg

It took maybe a full 2hrs bc I kept stopping. Still beats 5-8hrs of having your hair braided. I also like to do kinky twists bc it compliments the shape of my face.
Im a DIY person, but im lazy. Still saves money not having to pay for installment since I know how to do my own hair.

As far as routine, I need some minutes to myself to type and share that lol. I'll be back with it.

@Trini

This is a tut for the cornrow pattern:

This is the tut for crotcheting the braids. This is the exact same hair I used for my head:

I LOVE this channel. She does all sorts of techniques and styles. She's been very easy to follow and instruct imo.

As far as the cost, believe it or not, I purchased my hair from Amazon. I only spent around $60 for 9 packs. I need to check my receipts tbh lol. But really, it was a great deal. I've bought a variety of hair from Amazon so many times. I just purchased a 4A Kinky half wig by Outre and that mf is so soft and pretty. No complaints or issues thus far.

Ima try my best to make this short as possible lol.

As you can probably tell, Im pretty lazy half of the time lol. I have to start with my night routine to fall into my day routine.

So at night, I spray my hair with a mixture of water and olive oil. Not dripping wet, but pretty damp depending on how early I have to get up in the morning. I like to let my hair to air dry. I section my hair into 4s. So then I apply a dime size amount of leave-in conditoner and a quarter sized amount of the coconut cream definer to the section. I then detangle with my Denman brush IMG_20170220_110055218.jpg .

I then do about 4-5 flat twists for each section. Put my bonnet and on BOOM.

In the morning, I dip my fingertips in olive oil before I unravel each twist to avoid frizziness. Next, I then seperate my hair to make it more full and get rid of the parts. I let the curls seperate where naturally as I pull them apart to again avoid the frizz. I apply my edge control, lay down my edges, and spray a little heat protectant spray or sheen to make it shine a little more. And that's it lol.

This is most of what I use daily: IMG_20170220_102341186.jpg

I meant to say I do 2 strand twists. Not so much flat twists.

Last edited:
I don't have much of a routine...clarify every 1-2 weeks (I work in a warehouse so my hair is pretty gross at the end of the week), aphogee 2 min protein reconstructor if I feel like it, then deep condition (or just regular condition if I'm too lazy to wait).

I use shea moisture jamaican black castor oil shampoo and restorative conditioner. Rinse all the conditioner out then put a pump back in to help with detangling, detangle then twist it up.

Every couple days I'll detangle and use the LCO method. I feel like I should add a cowash between wash days but I just dgaf right now....lol

Do yall have high or low porosity hair? My hair seems like it takes forever to get completely wet. Idk whether to do LCO or LOC. Could you explain your LCO method @atribecalledGabi ?
I did the test for it but I forgot what it means lol. My hair is the one that stays on top of the water and doesn't sink.

My LCO method is liquid, cream, oil. So I section my hair, depending on how lazy I am I'll either spray my whole head with water or I'll wet it by section (I also mix leave in conditioner with a lot of slip into my spray bottle to save time), detangle, then put a cream on, then follow it up with castor oil to seal the moisture.

I never used the LOC method cuz it never made sense to me to not use the oil last. But hey maybe I'm doing it wrong lol.

Hope that helps @Blactivity

I did the test for it but I forgot what it means lol. My hair is the one that stays on top of the water and doesn't sink.

My LCO method is liquid, cream, oil. So I section my hair, depending on how lazy I am I'll either spray my whole head with water or I'll wet it by section (I also mix leave in conditioner with a lot of slip into my spray bottle to save time), detangle, then put a cream on, then follow it up with castor oil to seal the moisture.

I never used the LOC method cuz it never made sense to me to not use the oil last. But hey maybe I'm doing it wrong lol.

Hope that helps @Blactivity

Mine floats too. It means high porosity. With HP hair, it takes longer for hair to absorb moisture.
I never really knew what method I was following tbh lol. I just learned by trial and error what works better to keep me moisturized. Been through so many products mane lol. Thank you for the info. I appreciate it.

Do you use heat with your HP hair?? I need to get myself a hooded dryer or even a steamer but again I'm lazy af lol

Back