Welcome To aBlackWeb

Breaking News Portland pigs caught red-handed collaborating with Nazis via text message....

Swiffness!

WU-TANG
Hundreds of texts between Portland police and right-wing organizer Joey Gibson reveal the extent to which law enforcement officers talked to and even coordinated with right-wing activists in order to police protests in 2017 and 2018.

The texts, obtained by WW through a public records request, show that Portland Police Lt. Jeff Niiya had a friendly rapport with Gibson, frequently discussing Gibson's plans to demonstrate in Portland and even joking at times.

Gibson's events, occurring regularly in the Pacific Northwest since President Donald Trump's election, have alarmed and enraged Portlanders—even prompting the mayor to propose new rules restricting protests. That's because the rallies have attracted white supremacists and other extremists, and are often thinly veiled pretexts for Gibson's group, the Vancouver-Wash-based Patriot Prayer, to wage violent street fights with masked antifascists.

Niiya is the commanding officer for the Portland Police Bureau rapid response team that patrols protests. That makes him one of the primary officers collecting intelligence about protest groups in Portland.

Niiya and the Portland Police Bureau have good reason to collect intelligence from right-wing organizers. Yet some of Niiya's texts raise questions about whether Portland Police help Patriot Prayer supporters to evade arrest during events.

https://www.wweek.com/news/courts/2...er-ringleader-joey-gibson-show-warm-exchange/

read or download all the texts here: https://www.wweek.com/news/city/201...right-wing-organizer-read-all-the-texts-here/

Gibson also told Niiya over text that he was planning to run for U.S. Congress in January 2018, before he formally announced his campaign. He said he would intentionally "use" protesters in Portland and Seattle to promote his run for office. From the outset, Gibson doubted his chances to win the election.

"The hate against me will multiply because I am running for office, so when I come into Portland and Seattle the energy will be high," Gibson wrote. "I know it's a pain in the ass for you guys, but I will do the best I can to work with you."

Niiya responded: "Your [sic] running for office?!! Good for you. County level?"

Back