Welcome To aBlackWeb

Podcasts (non music)

shutupGabi

Head Auntie of Dragonstone
Mod Squad
I'm trying this again lol....

How y'all wasting time at work? What podcasts you listening to?

im wasting time watching amazon prime on my tablet, but on the occasion that i listen to something, the true hoop "black opinions matter monday" pod, the jalen and jacoby pod are my go to's

Collider on youtube they talk about movies, tv shows, and the business in general. They have specific days for genres and a movie trivia thing they do for fun.

And how you gonna start a thread about podcasts that we are listening to, without posting any that you are listening to?
You right...I said in the last the last thread so I forgot lol.

My main rotation is The Read, Jade & XD, The Friendzone, and, as of a few weeks ago, Guys We Fucked.

I dig long interviews too so every now and again I'll listen to Marc Maron and this dude Sam Jones depending on the guest. They mainly interview actors and other known artists.

Last edited:
whats the friendzone about
It's 3 friends (a girl and 2 dudes, all black) that talk about mental health and wellness. Black folks don't usually talk about that so it's a good change up from other podcasts that usually just talk about pop culture. If you listen to The Read, they're all friends irl.

You right...I said in the last the last thread so I forgot lol.

My main rotation is The Read, Jade & XD, The Friendzone, and, as of a few weeks ago, Guys We Fucked.

I dig long interviews too so every now and again I'll listen to Marc Maron and this dude Sam Jones depending on the guest. They mainly interview actors and other known artists.

I mainly listen to the Brilliant idiots and used to listen to Taxstone but home's bout to get fed time.

I think I've tried to listen to most of the popular ones and the ones you mentioned, I can't do the friend zone podcast tho, nothing against gay dudes but I wear headphones and can't have home boy whispering in my ear for an hour.

One of the random female podcasts I clicked on led me to OMGyes.com a website dedicated to educating women on how to achieve an orgasm, NSFW unless you can explain that it's an educational website.

Dave and Chuck The Freak

The Uncanny X-Cast unfortunately they've stopped.

A bunch of writer podcasts I'll have to dig up the names.

This Week In Microbiology

NPR

the black opinions matter monday pod was dope

they talked about "get out"...real insightful

so I was just perusing Spotify and started listening to a couple joints. Of course Drink Champs and Michael Rapaports is cool. But I came across this horror story podcast called The Horror of Dolores Roach. Here’s an article about it.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.vu...ror-of-dolores-roach-the-story-behind-it.html

Man I’m mad af the story is over. That was one of the dopest, most chilling stories I’ve ever listened to. I highly recommend. Anyways just wanted to create this thread about this and for others if possible to put me on to more stories like this.

Been looking to branch out on my podcasts I'll check that one out. Ones I follow are:

Joe Rogan experience
Your moms house with Tom segura and christina p
Bertcast with bert kreischer
The church of what's happening now with Joey diaz
The bonfire with big jay oakersom and dan something. More of a radio show but still funny.
Legion of skanks with big jay, dave Smith, and Luis j Gomez
This passed weekend with theo von
Tigerbelly with Khalila and Bobby lee
Hardcore history with dan brown
Come to papa with Tom papa
You made it weird with Pete holmes.

Mainly follow comedian podcasts, but been trying to get into some health, true crime, and movie podcasts.

Space Nuts

2 Austrialian guys. 1 is an astronomer the other a journalist. Talk all things space once a week.

Covers Nasa, SpaceX, other countries space programs, anything and everything space. And they are good at dumbing it down to understand.

Other than that Lou named a bunch i listen to. Throw in Bill Burr. Also check out Chris Hardwick & Marc Maron depending on the guest

uploads_2F1542302370190-aoalvw0x11n-61dc154e07933b3b8fbad8911e4d11c4_2FRevisionistHistory_Vector_withfade.png

Revisionist History is Malcolm Gladwell's journey through the overlooked and the misunderstood. Every episode re-examines something from the past—an event, a person, an idea, even a song—and asks whether we got it right the first time.
Because sometimes the past deserves a second chance.

BTB-hero.jpg

From How Stuff Works (they have some other good podcasts too), BtB goes into trash people in history and some of their stories.

220px-S-Town_cover_art.jpg

A guy named John from bumfuck nowhere, Alabama, reaches out to the people at NPR to investigate some crimes he thinks were being covered up in his small town. I won't spoil what happens, but the show takes a turn that has nothing to do with what they were investigating.

serial-itunes-logo.png

The OG of podcasts that follow a crime over a season, Serial from NPR.
The first season is basically Making a Murderer...this guy is convicted of killing his gf in hs in the 90s and they go back over the case. Shit was wild. The guy ended up getting a retrial because of the show.
2nd season I never finished cuz it was wack. But s3 is about the Cleveland court system. It's really good but it'll piss you off.

These are self explanatory true crime podcasts. I haven't listened to these yet but they've been on my list for a while and I heard good things about em.

20181009_060837_10627_7979.jpeg

Criminal_SocialShare_3.png

Last edited:
Back