Welcome To aBlackWeb

Podcasts (non music)

@deadeye Chronicles of Judah just dropped over 50+ videos. It's time to binge watch this videos all week at work

I caught that yesterday.

Was up all night listening to his sports videos and the ones he did on the Ayeesha Curry situation.

Dude's definitely got a gift for breaking things down.

I caught that yesterday.

Was up all night listening to his sports videos and the ones he did on the Ayeesha Curry situation.

Dude's definitely got a gift for breaking things down.

I just got through listening to the Thotiana vol. 1 video that he made. Judah said "There are alot of good women out there....and by alot I mean a few" lmao.

I figured I'd post a few good episodes from the "Citations Needed Podcast". This first one is short and its 11 min.
"In this unlocked News Brief we discuss New York media's racist, factually incorrect coverage of the #Bronx120 and how Preet Bharara went from careerist "gang raid" general locking up poor black teenagers to woke MSNBC platitude machine."

Episode 73: Western Media's narrow,Colonial Definition of "Corruption"
"The scale of corruption in Africa is daunting," warns The Economist. "Corruption a Cause of Poverty in the Developing World," DW tells us. "Why corruption is holding Africa back," CNN laments. Everywhere we turn in elite media and halls of power, we are told the global South is poor, in part or in whole, due to rampant "corruption."
But a closer look at the data – and any effort to put notions of corruption in their proper historical context - reveals our limited, racialized definition of corruption is the geopolitical equivalent of complaining about “black on black” crime. True in a limited, technical sense but, in practice, often functions as a victim-blaming red herring meant to avoid uncomfortable discussions of white supremacy, deliberate economic dispossession and a far greater global regime of corruption leveled by the super-wealthy.
This episode examines the extraction of trillions annually from the global South in illicit transfers of money through the exploitation of tax shelters, so-called "hot money", interests on exploitative IMF loans, trade misinvoicing and a host of other routine and totally unscrutinized financial schemes.
We are joined today by anthropologist and author Jason Hickel.

Episode 77: Frugality Fables and the Poor-Shaming Grift of Financial Advice Journalism
“How this millennial saved $1 million by age 30,” The Washington Post writes. “A Millennial Saved $100,000 With This Simple Habit,” CNBC insists. “How to save for retirement when you're living paycheck to paycheck,” CNN confides in us. Everywhere in American media we are told, if only we engaged in simple, no nonsense discipline we can retire at 35.

But what is the political objective of this popular mode of journalism? More than just generating clicks to sell investment instruments to the credulous, this genre has a distinct ideological purpose: to obscure generational poverty, largely brought on by the legacy of racism and Jim Crow, and make being poor the result of a series of moral failings rather than a deliberate political regime decided on by powerful actors.

This week, we explore the “personal finance” media industry and the corollary, so-called FIRE movement—and how their poor shaming, libertarian ethos has increasingly seeped into our mainstream click-happy online press.

Our guest is writer and editor Miles Howard.

so I was just perusing Spotify and started listening to a couple joints. Of course Drink Champs and Michael Rapaports is cool. But I came across this horror story podcast called The Horror of Dolores Roach. Here’s an article about it.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.vu...ror-of-dolores-roach-the-story-behind-it.html

Man I’m mad af the story is over. That was one of the dopest, most chilling stories I’ve ever listened to. I highly recommend. Anyways just wanted to create this thread about this and for others if possible to put me on to more stories like this.
Anybody ever listen to this? Shit was GOAT!

so I was just perusing Spotify and started listening to a couple joints. Of course Drink Champs and Michael Rapaports is cool. But I came across this horror story podcast called The Horror of Dolores Roach. Here’s an article about it.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.vu...ror-of-dolores-roach-the-story-behind-it.html

Man I’m mad af the story is over. That was one of the dopest, most chilling stories I’ve ever listened to. I highly recommend. Anyways just wanted to create this thread about this and for others if possible to put me on to more stories like this.
I added this to my list

Didnt know who this nigga was before but it was a good show. Listened to it on a long drive.

The Church Of Whats Happening Now #694 With Tommy Chong
I thought he just did Cheech & Chong and that was it. Turns out he was in a Motown band & helped discover the Jackson 5. This was an interesting podcast and he talks about how the DEA set him up and got away with it.

Not sure if it was mentioned but @Lea put me onto "this sounds serious"

I don't wanna try and describe what it's about lol but this shit is funny and interesting af

The gist of it is examining 911 calls/callers and finding out what happened to those people

Not sure if it was mentioned but @Lea put me onto "this sounds serious"

I don't wanna try and describe what it's about lol but this shit is funny and interesting af

The gist of it is examining 911 calls/callers and finding out what happened to those people
Did you finish it?

The TK Kirkland Show
Unofficial Experts
Jesus & Jollof
Trappin Anonymous
Why Won't You Date Me
Black Widow
The Casey Crew
Lip Service
Whoreible Decisions
Flagrant 2

Back