Welcome To aBlackWeb

PLAYSTATION PlayStation 5

Niggas spending all this money on a new console just to play the next gen Madden and 2k.

Smh

I'll never understand why niggas don't like playing any other types of games. You could've just kept your last gen consoles for that.

bro you been on this uppity gamer thing for too long. As you see by these subsection Black people play more than madden and 2k.

Iono

It feels like some of these stores are really just trying to cash out before the huge inventory comes in. A lot of the deals are bundles going for more than $600.

nah trust they pressing these machines up like white castle burgers.. they want to win everytime..the initial and the life time
shit point me in direction of a bundle

I feel like that sometime in December before Christmas you'll be able to go and get one from a store. I don't think these timed online releases are sustainable. Eventually in the next few weeks these store are just going to have a couple hundred of them stocked up and ready to go.

I'm thirsty to get one but when I take a step back and think about it, it really would be some clown shit to by one right now for twice the price when I can likely get it at regular retail in a few weeks when literally nothing is going to change. It's not like you get any exclusive content by copping right now anyway. I could see if there was like some exclusive shit that was only available within the first 30 days like a PS Store credit or something. That would actually be a great idea for future drops. Make it so that you get like $100 in PS Store credit if you cop one within 30 days. Other then that there really isn't any incentive to cop right now.

Funny thing is I lucked in when I preordered the PS5. It was suppose to go live on Best Buy the next day and they fucked it up and had preorders up the day before. I just clicked to preorder and it was so smooth. The launch that gave me the biggest issue was the Xbox Series X.

1 or 2 per store? Foh.
I've been thinking

I think gamestop is about to go the way of the dinosaur really soon. They used to get a nice number of consoles to help with release day demand and now you mean to tell me they've gone from being the preferred place to only getting 2 consoles a store?

I feel like that sometime in December before Christmas you'll be able to go and get one from a store. I don't think these timed online releases are sustainable. Eventually in the next few weeks these store are just going to have a couple hundred of them stocked up and ready to go.

I'm thirsty to get one but when I take a step back and think about it, it really would be some clown shit to by one right now for twice the price when I can likely get it at regular retail in a few weeks when literally nothing is going to change. It's not like you get any exclusive content by copping right now anyway. I could see if there was like some exclusive shit that was only available within the first 30 days like a PS Store credit or something. That would actually be a great idea for future drops. Make it so that you get like $100 in PS Store credit if you cop one within 30 days. Other then that there really isn't any incentive to cop right now.
I wish you were right but this feels like sneaker drops... ie bots and resellers buying up all the stock to drive a resell market.

gamestop and other stores won’t care about that because they selling out.

Sony will care when they realize that they can’t sell games or memberships to PS5s that are sitting unsold in the closets of resellers.

I don’t know how you solve this. I was thinking about this last night - what would I do for 1oo a hour...when I was 16-22 I would sit in the cold for 7 hours waiting for a store to open... so I could “cop a drop”... now I don’t know but honestly it’s not a bad hustle.

Sony and Microsoft gonna figure this out because they gotta sell games and memberships - they would give the consoles away for free honestly - the console is the gateway to billions in yearly game sales... the reselllers messing up their hustle -

if it’s enough they gonna force something like - you have to register a system WHEN you purchase and you can’t resell the console immediately

Cosign. My friend tried to do this after he saw me get my shit off on ebay. Offered up preorders but didn't have the money in his account for all 3 when Amazon, walmart, and best buy came looking for the dough. (Takes 21 days for you to get that ebay paper if you a first time seller) He ended up giving the one he was planning to keep for himself to one of the buyers and still owes the other buyer their money back cause the next 2 got canceled. Took a needless L. And the funny part is I had a personal friend willing to pay 1500 cash a month before they dropped and this nigga was on some jaded shit like "nah I wanna do it myself"
"Aight"

Niggas.

I wish you were right but this feels like sneaker drops... ie bots and resellers buying up all the stock to drive a resell market.

gamestop and other stores won’t care about that because they selling out.

Sony will care when they realize that they can’t sell games or memberships to PS5s that are sitting unsold in the closets of resellers.

I don’t know how you solve this. I was thinking about this last night - what would I do for 1oo a hour...when I was 16-22 I would sit in the cold for 7 hours waiting for a store to open... so I could “cop a drop”... now I don’t know but honestly it’s not a bad hustle.

Sony and Microsoft gonna figure this out because they gotta sell games and memberships - they would give the consoles away for free honestly - the console is the gateway to billions in yearly game sales... the reselllers messing up their hustle -

if it’s enough they gonna force something like - you have to register a system WHEN you purchase and you can’t resell the console immediately

This not like sneaker drops though because there's limited quantities of those sneakers. They're never going to run out of PS5's because they're not jut gonna stop making them. I don't know how many size 10.5 Bred 11 Jordan's they're making these days but I bet it's a helluva lot less then then the number of PS5's in the next 30 days.

They don't make enough of those shoes to drop every week for years. By February you will be able to walk into Wal-Mart, Best Buy, Target, and GameStop and cop one and if they don't have any you will easily be able to get online and get one delivered. That means that the resellers have a small window to actually capitalize on their stash but from the looks of it niggas aren't buying from the scalpers that heavy. They'd rather hold out for a few more weeks knowing that there eventually will be some available and you're not missing out on anything by not copping one in the first 30 days.

They have been out for 2 weeks and honestly if you don't have one right now you aren't missing anything.

Cosign. My friend tried to do this after he saw me get my shit off on ebay. Offered up preorders but didn't have the money in his account for all 3 when Amazon, walmart, and best buy came looking for the dough. (Takes 21 days for you to get that ebay paper if you a first time seller) He ended up giving the one he was planning to keep for himself to one of the buyers and still owes the other buyer their money back cause the next 2 got canceled. Took a needless L. And the funny part is I had a personal friend willing to pay 1500 cash a month before they dropped and this nigga was on some jaded shit like "nah I wanna do it myself"
"Aight"

Niggas.

GameStop bundles went live again today but I just don't wanna get one of their bundles. They're all $800 and they come with shit I don't need like a $50 PS Store gift card and a 1 year PS Now subscription. I don't really want Demo Souls right now either. The only thing in their bundle that I'm cool with is the extra controller but I can walk in the store right ow and cop the controller.

GameStop thinks that they're slick bundling their shit needlessly.

I've been thinking

I think gamestop is about to go the way of the dinosaur really soon. They used to get a nice number of consoles to help with release day demand and now you mean to tell me they've gone from being the preferred place to only getting 2 consoles a store?

Best Buy has actually been making a nice comeback during the pandemic. I thought they were on life support but with the gap between high end tech and low end tech closing they're suddenly a go to store again.

I'm thinking about getting this 65 inch Sony X900H TV. It's a $1,099 TV but Best Buy has it on sale for like $950. The high end TV's like the LG CTX and the Samsung joint start at like $2K. They never run oos of their TV's so you know they're always available and they usually have a sale on the lower end ones this time of year or they always do some shit like throw in a soundbar with your TV at half the price. A $400 soundbar for $200 for just getting a $950 TV instead of a $2K TV is a good ass deal that Wal-Mart and Amazon don't have.

Best Buy has actually been making a nice comeback during the pandemic. I thought they were on life support but with the gap between high end tech and low end tech closing they're suddenly a go to store again.

I'm thinking about getting this 65 inch Sony X900H TV. It's a $1,099 TV but Best Buy has it on sale for like $950. The high end TV's like the LG CTX and the Samsung joint start at like $2K. They never run oos of their TV's so you know they're always available and they usually have a sale on the lower end ones this time of year or they always do some shit like throw in a soundbar with your TV at half the price. A $400 soundbar for $200 for just getting a $950 TV instead of a $2K TV is a good ass deal that Wal-Mart and Amazon don't have.

Does it have 2.1 hdmi? 120hz? That's what you need to get true experience with ps5. Otherwise you might as well buy something low end that you can hold till next summer or next black Friday when most 2021 models should have hdmi 2.1 and offer 120hz.

Does it have 2.1 hdmi? 120hz? That's what you need to get true experience with ps5. Otherwise you might as well buy something low end that you can hold till next summer or next black Friday when most 2021 models should have hdmi 2.1 and offer 120hz.

Only 2-3 games truly taking advantage of it at the moment anyway.

I copped a 2.1 joint for Black Friday but it’s only a 55 inch. Get me a big boy unit sometime next year.

Back