Welcome To aBlackWeb

PLAYSTATION PlayStation 5

saw the the specs on this is what current mid tier gaming PC's are running

are the exclusives still really a selling point for ya'll these days??

some of ya'll would benefit from just going the PC route at this point

Been thinkin about going PC but im a huge sports gamer and those aren't as popular on PC

Been thinkin about going PC but im a huge sports gamer and those aren't as popular on PC
why you say this?

If you are talking about online, while it isnt as robust as the console community, it's not like you sitting waiting around forever to get a game

Im solo in these streets anyway, so i dont mind not playing online against people.

The sports games get the same support from the devs as the consoles do, but you get better mods from the community imo if thats your thing

"are exclusives really the selling point for yall these days??"

are u niggaz acting like exclusives are the reason yall still want consoles, how?..be real...

"some of yall would benefit in going to pc"

those yall fronting and or stupid need to just get like me

I ain't knocking u tho..I'm kinda arrogant myself

"are exclusives really the selling point for yall these days??"

are u niggaz acting like exclusives are the reason yall still want consoles, how?..be real...

"some of yall would benefit in going to pc"

those yall fronting and or stupid need to just get like me

I ain't knocking u tho..I'm kinda arrogant myself

ahh ok

but nah, put it like this, at one point, cats was dropping all kinds of bread on these systems to play Madden and 2k every year. Like thats so silly to me. Outside of a few games like Uncharted, God of War, etc...which are exclusively on the PS, you really paying that kinda money JUST to be able to play those games every 4-6 years?

Even with the xbox exclusives like Forza and Gears of war, they are making them available for PC now and putting them in their window store. Even they realized that they need to open things up to PC gamers

ahh ok

but nah, put it like this, at one point, cats was dropping all kinds of bread on these systems to play Madden and 2k every year. Like thats so silly to me. Outside of a few games like Uncharted, God of War, etc...which are exclusively on the PS, you really paying that kinda money JUST to be able to play those games every 4-6 years?

Even with the xbox exclusives like Forza and Gears of war, they are making them available for PC now and putting them in their window store. Even they realized that they need to open things up to PC gamers

Truthfully, I mostly use my PS4 for movies and Netflix. And I'm not that big of a gamer anymore and when I do cop something it's usually the exclusives(and Madden/2K) so if they only come out every 3-4 years I'm good.

:js4:

Plus I never got into PC gaming and I'm too stubborn to start now.

Truthfully, I mostly use my PS4 for movies and Netflix. And I'm not that big of a gamer anymore and when I do cop something it's usually the exclusives(and Madden/2K) so if they only come out every 3-4 years I'm good.

Yeah I don't have a library full of games. I'm selective about the type of PS4 games I get. I pretty devote my time focused on that one game. When I'm done, I take a break until I see something else that interest me.

I got into it when I turned 30

I'm now 36, plus you can use the pc for all that

What else ya got

While I personally don’t feel that we’re ready for the next wave of consoles, Microsoft already announced that another one is coming. Sony definitely can’t be outdone but has been very quiet on what plans they have next. Today we received news from an anonymous poster who is a third party small dev from Europe that a PS5 is coming next year and says some info is 99% correct!

The poster says we will receive PS5 info around E3 (remember that Sony won’t be at E3 this year). The console will launch either spring or fall 2020 for around $500. The console will be backward compatible and will still have physical games. Specs will be a Ryzen 8 core 16 thread processor with a 24 GB Gddr6 AMD GPU. A 2 TB hard drive will also be in the console.

As far as games at launch, the poster says it will have:

• Gran Turismo 7
  • PubG remaster
  • Last of us 2 remaster
  • Ghosts of Tsushima remaster
  • 2-3 AAA games and PSVR2 games
So what do you think? Does this sound realistic for Sony next year? Let me know your thoughts.

http://www.gamingilluminaughty.com/rumor-ps5-coming-next-year-for-500/

Im really thinking bout going back to sony. Black people love playstatuon and xbox one had trash exclusives. Never even played Halo.

Sony has again provided some new details on its next-generation console. As part of Sony's Corporate Strategy Meeting today, the company discussed at a high level what it hopes to achieve in the future across its various business units, including PlayStation.

The two keywords for PlayStation going forward are "immersive" and "seamless," Sony said. Concerning hardware, Sony said its next-generation console, the PlayStation 5, will offer an "immersive experience created by dramatically increased graphics rendering speeds."

This will be made possible through the "employment of further improved computational power and a customized ultra-fast, broadband SSD," Sony said.

Overall, the PlayStation 5--or whatever Sony ends up calling its new console--will offer experiences that "greatly exceed" what is possible on PS4 and PS4 Pro. Sony said people can expect "completely transformative and immersive gaming experiences" on the PS5.

One of the features that PlayStation system architect Mark Cerny talked about for the PS5 is how its use of solid-state drives will reduce loading screen times.

Cerny pointed out that the fast travel loading screen in Spider-Man on PS4took roughly 15 seconds on a PS4 Pro, but less than one second on a dev kit for the PS5. Given that the new hardware will be backwards compatible with older games, that means your load times will likely be reduced across the board when you upgrade. Check out the video below from The Wall Street Journal report Takashi Mochizuki who is attending the Sony event today to see the faster load times in action.

Cerny also talked about how the PS5 will allow for faster rendering, which means more environmental objects and textures will populate at a faster rate. In the presentation today, Sony said the PS5 will offer "many new features" beyond these advancements to loading and rendering, though none were mentioned.

Also during the presentation, Sony said it expects the PS4 to reach sales of 100 million units by the end of the 2019 calendar year. PS4 sales currently stand at 96.8 million systems sold. PlayStation Network has 94 million monthly active users, the company said.

Additionally, Sony management talked about how streaming will play a big role in the PlayStation brand going forward. The PS5 will support Remote Play functionality, Sony confirmed, while management also said it's looking to its new deal with Microsoft for cloud-gaming solutions to play a role in the company's future success in that area. Sony of course already operates the PlayStation Now streaming service (which has 700,000 subscribers by Sony's latest count), but it appears the company has bigger and bolder plans in the future.

Sony is not attending E3 2019 next month, so the company presumably won't be announcing the PlayStation 5 there. The PlayStation 5 will have an "appealing" price point given its specs, according to Cerny, but there is no ballpark estimate yet regarding what the price may be.

As for the release date of the PlayStation 5, Sony has said it will not release in the next fiscal year, which means it won't launch April 2020 at the soonest.

https://screenrant.com/ps5-gpu-rdna-architecture-amd/

PS5 GPU Will Use Brand New RDNA Architecture Developed by AMD

New information stemming from the recent AMD Computex event revealed that Sony's PlayStation 5 will be powered by new RDNA architecture in its GPU that is a product of the AMD Navi line. Fans who had been paying close attention to Sony's PS5 reports already knew that the console would be powered by AMD Navi GPU and the Ryzen "Zen 2" CPU, which was revealed earlier in an interview with the device's lead architect Mark Cerny.

The PS5 is certainly on the horizon, according to Sony. The company recently unveiled its plans for supporting both the PS4 and its next-gen console, suggesting that simultaneous launches on both platforms were in the company's plans for at least the first few years of the next-gen offering. Even more appealing? The fact that the PS5 will be backward compatible with PS4 games, meaning the new release won't make consumer's games libraries obsolete. It's a move that Sony has publicly acknowledged as one that it hopes will lead to more early adopters of the new console, a boon that would serve the company well as console gaming continues to operate as something of an unknown in a future that also has streaming platforms like Google Stadia.

If there's an edge for Sony and the PS5, it appears it will be in the hardware department, according to news from the AMD Computex event. The reveal that the PS5's GPU architecture will host new RDNA developments from AMD is a revelatory one, once again confirming that the device will be on the cutting edge of technology whenever it releases. AMD released the following keynotes from its presentation to break down exactly what the new RDNA architecture offers GPUs:

• 1.5x performance-per-watt
  • 1.25 performance-per-clock improvement over previous architecture
  • New compute unit design - improved efficiency and increased IPC
  • Multi-level cache hierarchy - reduced latency, higher bandwidth, lower power
  • Streamlined graphics pipeline - optimized for performance-per-clock and high clock speeds
The PS5 will be using this technology, so consumers can expect roughly the same kind of performance upgrades. That being said, AMD has acknowledged that the Navi GPU for PS5 will be a custom variant, with the president of AMDreferring to it as a key component in Sony's "special sauce" for its next-gen console. That means there could be variations on the above technological specs, with attention being paid to specifics Sony wanted tailored for its next-gen device.

In an era where it appears gaming will continue to become even more accessible with the advent of streaming platforms, Sony appears to be doubling down on having the most technologically-appealing device possible. The PS5 sounds, by all accounts, like a top-tier gaming PC turned into a console, and in some respects, that might be the best approach Sony has available to it. Appealing to the most hardcore gamers with a platform choice that could genuinely rival—for the first time ever—the PC platform, Sony's PS5 might be exactly what console gaming needs to look like next-gen.

https://www.altpress.com/news/xbox-ps5-trump-tariffs-gaming/

XBOX, PS5 COULD BE MORE EXPENSIVE DUE TO PROPOSED TRUMP TARIFFS

This could affect future gaming consoles as well.

Fans of the new Xbox or the PlayStation 5 might want to pay attention to what happens with President Donald Trump’s latest tariff proposal.

President Trump just unleashed a proposal that lists many items of potential goods categories that would be hit with steep tariffs if passed.

The proposal would drop tariffs up to 25 percent on goods to China. However, one of the categories Trump introduced was “video game consoles and machines.” If this proposal goes through, that means that any console where manufacturing occurs in China would be affected.

If it goes through, the tariffs would go into effect as early as June. This doesn’t mean directly that the consoles would be more expensive, but they’d cost more for the companies to produce which would likely appear in the cost of prices to those purchasing them.

It’s speculated that the new Xbox and the PS5 would cost from #3999 to $499 prior to the proposed tariffs as part of the trade war with the U.S. and China.

While the new PS5 has been unveiled by Sony, we have yet to see the new XBOX, which is expected to be revealed next month. It’s not clear when either system will drop, but it’s expected to be in late 2020.

33B294F1-957B-407F-83FA-85F1ABBAA7E9.gif

Consoles have traditionally been cheaper, require less maintenance, have more exclusive games, and are overall simpler. That's what fits for me. I don't need to have the absolute graphics and I don't need access to thousands of games if I'm really only gonna play like 25 over the course of a generation. Also, I'd say about half the games I played this generation either didn't go to PC or went to PC late, so for me a gaming PC would be a waste of money.

Back