Welcome To aBlackWeb

PLAYSTATION PlayStation 5

The load times don't really bother me as much during that time I'll hit the bathroom, fix a drink or do some other shit. The exclusive stuff ain't a big deal either. Once those games hit 65-70$ I became very cautious of the games I buy and look at reviews and ask y'all about em.

If I buy PS5 next gen I think I won't be buying one until at least 2-3 yrs after it hits the market. Sony will still support the PS4 up to 5-6 years once the PS5 is out. After the shitty marketing tactics that Sony & Microsoft pulled by dropping the Pro/X1X mid-cycle at least I can say MS console was an actual upgrade. The PS4 Pro is nothing but an graphics "upgrade".

I hope that the PS5 comes with B/C as rumored b/c hopefully that will stop Sony from making so many remastered games. I don't mind a select few but they went overboard in that department. Also, I wish they improve on game update speeds as well. I just bought Rainbow Six Siege and the update took a 1hr 1/2 to finish. I haven't even played it yet.

I’m go over to PlayStation solely for ghosts of Tsushima and the exclusives. Xbox one held me down but idw another gears of war and never played halo

PS5: Sony warns of price hike that could make console eye-wateringly expensive

If Chinese tariffs continue, Sony seems prepared to pass the rising costs onto gamers

Sony's PlayStation 5 console is launching next year and is already up for pre-order at at certain retailers, and while the very expensive price tag currently hanging off it is most likely a placeholder, it could still be more expensive than we'd all like.

That's because with the US and China in the throes of a trade-war, the threat of further tariffs on Chinese exports threatens console manufacturers, and they have to decide if they want to move production or take the hit and pass the cost onto their consumers.

Last month, the trio of leading console-manufactures - Sony, Nintendo, and Microsoft - issued a statement in response to increasing tariffs, pointing out that it would have a negative effect on not only their businesses, but the American video games market and its consumers.

The letter calls the industry a "core part of the fabric of American entertainment culture" and stresses that a tariff surge of 25% would tear that fabric, putting the price of consoles out of reach for the typical American family.

The tariff hike would result in $840 million (£692.5 million) foisted onto consumers and, subsequently, a net loss of $350 million (£288.5 million) for the US economy every year for as long as the new tariff remains in effect.

If that didn't sounds dire enough, it continues on to describe a "rippled effect of harm" to US-based developers of accessories and games that "could be dramatic," including the loss of "thousands of high-value, rewarding U.S. jobs at risk."

According to the WSJ neither Sony nor Microsoft are making the move to relocate the manufacturing of their consoles outside of China, like Nintendo has begun to do, and while a Sony executive has reminded everyone that a solution to dealing with continued tariffs hasn't been hashed out yet, passing on the increased production costs to the customer isn't out of the question.

At the moment, the PS5 has a placeholder price of 9999 Swedish Krona over on MediaMarkt Sweden which equates to around $1,047 (£859.73). Even if that's subject to change, it'll struggle with a price anywhere near the PS3, which had a rocky launch thanks to its hefty $599 price tag.

We've doubted Sony would be able to comfortably sell the PlayStation 5 for under $500 with all of that power beneath the hood, and that was before the news of expanded tariffs. If that cost is passed onto its customer base, it could herald another disastrous console launch to mar the next generation, so it'll have to make its mind up soon.

LOL then the gaming companies better start funding presidents who could do better

I might first week cop on this one I waited until 2 years ago to get a ps4.

American problems. The Canadian price will be cheaper out of spite and I plan to take full advantage or... or... wait for one of the plugs to tell me one fell off a truck. Either way imma win.

PlayStation 5 rumored to be officially revealed in February 2020

Both Microsoft and Sony have revealed that development on their next home consoles is well underway, but neither has made an actual announcement confirming the name, price, or release date of their console yet. That may change early next year, as an extensive leak from 4chan (via NeoGAF) may have spoiled Sony’s plans for its next big events, one of which will feature the official reveal of the PlayStation 5 (or whatever it’s called).

According to the anonymous source, Sony will host an event dubbed PlayStation Meeting 2020 on February 12th next year, where the PlayStation 5 will make its debut. This information apparently comes from an email sent by the senior marketing manager at PlayStation. The email also reportedly says third-party publishers like Activision, Square Enix, Ubisoft, and EA will be invited as well to show off their next-gen titles for the unreleased PS5.

In addition to the new console and the third-party publishers, the event is also said to focus on upcoming first-party games The Last of Us Part II and Ghost of Tsushima, both of which are currently slated to launch on PS4. The source also claims that “numerous tests” have been carried out on the PlayStation VR 2 prototype, and that we can expect to see the upgraded virtual reality hardware before fiscal year 2021.

It’s worth noting that the PlayStation 4 was initially unveiled at a similar live event on February 20th, 2013, and hit the market that fall. Whether or not this rumor turns out to be legit, it is certainly within the realm of possibility for Sony to follow a similar script in 2020, as Microsoft has already confirmed its next Xbox (which carries the codename Project Scarlett) will be available for purchase before the end of next year.

We’re going to take everything this anonymous 4chan source says with a grain of salt, but as leaky as virtually every major tech company under the sun has been in recent years, there’s always a chance that the PS5 reveal event has in fact been spoiled. After all, having skipped E3 2019, the PlayStation brand hasn’t exactly been in the headlines as often as it has for most of this generation. But a flashy console reveal event would change that.

RUMOR: PS5 Pro Will Launch Alongside the Base PlayStation 5
Knowing that we’ll be getting next-generation consoles in about a year, rumors are starting to heat up about reveal and release plans for the PlayStation 5 (still not officially confirmed to be called that by Sony) and the next Xbox. Since the release of the PS4 Pro, many have been curious about how exactly mid-generation upgrades will factor into Sony’s future plans. If one rumor turns out to be true, then the PS5 Pro won’t be a mid-generation step up, but an alternate PlayStation 5 model offered immediately at the console’s launch.

Japanese journalist Zenji Nishikawa says that Sony is interested in continuing what it did with the PS4 Pro, releasing both a base version and high-end model of the same platform. Next generation, however, instead of waiting for a few years, they want to provide these options from launch, which means that 2020 could see the release of both a base and Pro model of the PlayStation 5 simultaneously.

Nishikawa’s claims warrant some consideration. He was one of the first to talk about the Switch Lite before it was announced by Nintendo, so while the reported simultaneous launch of the PlayStation 5 and PS5 Pro is currently just a rumor, there’s precedence of insider knowledge to back up Nishikawa’s comments.

Though Sony has yet to give a name to the next-generation PlayStation (at least externally), the company gave an exclusive to Wired earlier this year, heading off the rumor mill and starting to give some overarching specs on what the new console will be capable of. That hasn’t stopped the rumor mill from churning though, or developers to talk about what the PS5 could offer in terms of development capabilities. We’ve also seen an alleged leak of the PS5 dev kit, including some renders mocked up from the patents for the machine.

Sony says the PlayStation 5 will have an improved rest mode that uses a fraction of the power required by the PlayStation 4

• Jim Ryan, President & CEO of Sony Interactive Entertainment, said that the next PlayStation will have an improved rest mode that will greatly reduce the console's power consumption.
  • Ryan shared the news while announcing a new partnership with the United Nations Environment committee. Sony has committed to reducing the carbon emissions of its products by using energy efficient technology.
  • Though Sony has refrained from calling its new console the PlayStation 5, the next-generation PlayStation is expected to arrive during the 2020 holiday season.

Sony continues to release new information about the next PlayStation console, bit by bit —the latest tidbit arrived alongside a climate change partnership announced by Sony Interactive Entertainment President & CEO Jack Ryan.

In a post on the official PlayStation blog, Ryan said the next generation PlayStation console will have an improved rest mode that uses significantly less energy than the PlayStation 4. Video game consoles and gaming computers have come under increased scrutiny from environmental activists for their high levels of energy consumption, and the way that they consume power even when not in use.

Rest mode allows the PlayStation 4 to suspend gameplay without turning off completely. In rest mode the console can maintain an internet connection and power its USB ports while using less energy than its fully-powered state, but it still uses a significant amount of energy. Ryan said the next PlayStation will use approximately 0.5W of energy in rest mode.

Sony is working with the United Nations Environment committee to reduce the carbon emissions of its products under a new partnership called the Playing for the Planet alliance. Sony says it has avoided nearly 16 million metric tons of carbon emissions by using energy efficient technology, and expects to increase that amount to 29 million over the next 10 years.

Sony has so far shied away from officially naming its next console the PlayStation 5, but we do expect it to arrive during the 2020 holiday season. Along with an improved rest mode, Sony has already promised that the new PlayStation will have vastly improved loading times thanks to a new solid state storage drive, and it will be capable of 8K resolution graphics with raytracing technology.

Patent images of what appear to be the PlayStation 5 development kit surfaced in late August, suggesting that video game companies are already working on titles for the upcoming console.

Microsoft has also teased similar features for its next console, which is codenamed Project Scarlett. The follow-up to the Xbox One is expected to arrive during the 2020 holiday season as well.

The PlayStation 5 Will Launch In Late 2020, And, Yes, It's Called The PS5

Sony isn’t waiting for any more leaks. They revealed more details about the PlayStation 5—and, yes, it will be called the PS5—to Wired today as well as announcing more about the console on the company’s blog. Here’s the key info:

• It’ll be called the PS5 and be out for holiday 2020, as we’ve been reporting.
  • The console will have a solid-state drive. Games will be released on 100GB discs.
  • As with games this generation, they’ll need to be installed from the disc, though Sony is now saying that players will have more granular control of which parts of a game they install or uninstall—campaign, multiplayer, etc.
  • The PS5's revised user interface will show more information about what can be done in a game, including the availability of multiplayer matches.
  • Wired’s writer held a prototype of the new PS5 controller and wrote that it seems similar to a PS4 controller. It will include a speaker and—here comes some of that kind of language you’ll be seeing a reporters and game makers start talking about next-gen hardware—“‘adaptive triggers’” that can offer varying levels of resistance to make shooting a bow and arrow feel like the real thing.”
  • Wired was also impressed with the improved haptics/rumble in the controller, reporting this of their time playing demos created by the Studio Japan team behind PS4 VR game Astrobot Rescue Mission with it: “On ice, a high-frequency response made the thumbsticks really feel like my character was gliding. Jumping into a pool, I got a sense of the resistance of the water; on a wooden bridge, a bouncy sensation.”
  • For those of you who stocked up on micro USB wires for charging PS4 controllers, too bad! The PS5 controllers will be charged with USB Type-C.
  • One studio that is now confirmed as a PS5 developer is Bluepoint Games, makers of the 2018 Shadow of the Colossus remake. Said studio president Marco Thrush to Wired: “We’re working on a big one right now...I’ll let you figure out the rest.” Uh. Hmm. Clearly a tease that Sony has bought the rights to F-Zero and is making a new one. Thrush was enthusiastic about the speedier loading that comes with an SSD, noting that there’d be less reason to slow players down in hallways and doorways to mask the loading of new levels.
  • Sony’s announcements today primarily focus on the new controller, which is the primary focus of Sony Interactive Entertainment president Jim Ryan’s blog post today. “Game creators have started to receive early versions of the new controller,” he wrote, “and we can’t wait to see where their imagination goes with these new features at their disposal.” With controllers going out, the news today seems designed to get ahead of any leaks of the device.
We’ll have plenty more about the PS5 and more new hardware and games as it breaks. Next year’s going to be a big one, folks.​

Back