Welcome To aBlackWeb

PLAYSTATION PlayStation 5

VIBE

Welcome to the New Era
gonna label as rumor for now

PS5 Release Date Leaked | Specs & Console Rumours
The PS5 release date could be closer than we think! Leaks surrounding the Playstation 5 console are starting to appear online.

PS5 Release Date

PS5 release date rumours have been flying around even since the PS4 was released. Wild guesses varying between 2019, 2020 and 2021 have been put out there.

These PS5 console rumours can now be shared with a little more validity as, apparently, the PS5 release date has been leaked.

PS5 Leaked

Reddit user RuthenticCookie has stated the PS5 will be revealed in 2019. This will be at the annual Playstation Experience event (PSX).

He also went further and inferred that a small PS5 reveal will precede the "big one" at PSX. However, for those who were optimistic that this would result in a 2019 PS5 release, this doesn't appear to be the case.

RuthenticCookie said the plan was for the Playstation 5 to release in March or November of 2020. Of course anyone can make such claims but this Reddit user did correctly predict that Sony wouldn't be making an appearance at E3 2019.

PS5 Specs

A PS5 release date leak is a pretty big deal but information about the PS5 specs has also surfaced. Naturally a full confirmed list of specs isn't available but RuthenticCookie did state it will be using a Ryzen 8 core processor and that the current planned price of Sony's new console is 500$.

Furthermore, when asked how much of a monster the PS5 will be, he stated "4K/60 stable and at the same time kinda monster." This isn't exactly surprising given the PS4 Pro and Xbox One X are already getting either 4K or 60 FPS.

The prospect of a stable 4K, 60 FPS gaming experience is exciting however. To put this in perspective GTA 5 currently runs at 1080p/30 FPS. Just imagine GTA 6 in 4K and 60 frames per second!

Other Playstation 5 Leaks & Rumours
Other leaks about the Playstation 5 include the following:

• Most developers already have dev kits for the PS5
  • Sony want to showcase their new products at PSX
  • Anthem isn't working well with this generation's console and will get delayed
  • New PS move controllers being worked on
PS5 News

We must reaffirm that all of the above are just rumours based on one source, albeit someone who does appear legitimate. For more video game and PS5 news follow the Dexerto Twitter page.

Last edited:
I feel like i just bought my damn PS4, got it on Day one release. Kind of want to go buy a Pro but dont want to lose out on all my games. ugh at least its still a couple years away.

Damn I want it now or soon I’ll wait to buy it instead of the PS4

Damn I want it now or soon I’ll wait to buy it instead of the PS4

it hasn’t been announced or anything, these are just rumors... 2020 is an estimated drop date for it if it was to come out... that’s just an early guesstimate based on the length the PS4 has been out... ps4’s are still great and you missed out on a great deal... idk if it’s still up... lemme check

It ain’t, but it was a PS4 pro w two controllers and red dead 2 for $199... I think it was only a Black Friday/cyber Monday deal... I posted it in the off topic thread...

While I personally don’t feel that we’re ready for the next wave of consoles, Microsoft already announced that another one is coming. Sony definitely can’t be outdone but has been very quiet on what plans they have next. Today we received news from an anonymous poster who is a third party small dev from Europe that a PS5 is coming next year and says some info is 99% correct!

The poster says we will receive PS5 info around E3 (remember that Sony won’t be at E3 this year). The console will launch either spring or fall 2020 for around $500. The console will be backward compatible and will still have physical games. Specs will be a Ryzen 8 core 16 thread processor with a 24 GB Gddr6 AMD GPU. A 2 TB hard drive will also be in the console.

As far as games at launch, the poster says it will have:

• Gran Turismo 7
  • PubG remaster
  • Last of us 2 remaster
  • Ghosts of Tsushima remaster
  • 2-3 AAA games and PSVR2 games
So what do you think? Does this sound realistic for Sony next year? Let me know your thoughts.

http://www.gamingilluminaughty.com/rumor-ps5-coming-next-year-for-500/

https://www.gamespot.com/amp-articl...uppor/1100-6466281/?__twitter_impression=true

PS5 First Details: Backwards Compatible, PSVR Support, SSDs, And More Specs

Next-gen revealed, kinda.
Tamoor HussainApril 16, 2019 at 10:43AM PDT
Now Playing: PS5 First Details: Specs, Backwards Compatibility, 8K, And More - GS News Update

Sony has revealed some information about its highly anticipated next-generation PlayStation. In an interview with Wired, Mark Cerny, who was lead system architect for the PlayStation 4 and is currently working on its successor, divulged details on the components that will power the next-gen system and teased some of the breakthroughs it is making.

In the interview, Cerny didn't name the console, though conventional thinking states it will probably be PlayStation 5. The next-gen PlayStation is partially based on PS4 architecture, which means that it is backwards compatible. Cerny also revealed that it is not an all-digital device, and will accept physical discs. Wired's article describes the transition from PS4 to PS5, as indicated by Cerny, as a "gentle one," adding that numerous games will be released for both PS4 and the next-gen console.

Housed in the console will be an AMD chip that has a CPU based on the third-generation Ryzen. It'll have eight cores of the seven-nanometer Zen 2 microchip. Although the console will support 8K, displaying at this resolution will be dependant on TVs catching up.

The graphics, meanwhile, will be driven by a custom version of Radeon's Navi line. This graphics chip will support ray tracing, something which is starting to become popular in movies and video games. Although it is traditionally thought of as a lighting technique, Cerny says that there are implications beyond creating realistic environments.

"If you wanted to run tests to see if the player can hear certain audio sources or if the enemies can hear the players' footsteps, ray tracing is useful for that," he explained. "It's all the same thing as taking a ray through the environment."

In fact, audio is one the main improvements Cerny is keen to talk about. The AMD chip will enable 3D audio, and this, according to Cerny, is key to immersing players deeper. This naturally led to discussions of PlayStation VR, and while Cerny didn't confirm whether a new version of Sony's headset will be released, the existing one will be supported.

"I won't go into the details of our VR strategy ... beyond saying that VR is very important to us and that the current PSVR headset is compatible with the new console," he confirmed.

Another key leap the next PlayStation will make comes through its hard drive. According to Cerny, developers let Sony know that what they want solid-state drives in the new hardware, as opposed to the slower equivalents used in current consoles. These SSDs are relatively prevalent now in laptops, and what Sony is bringing to the next PlayStation is described as being specialized for the hardware.

Cerny demonstrated the change an SSD introduces to gaming by comparing a load sequence from Insomniac's Spider-Man on a standard PS4 Pro and a dev kit of the next-gen PlayStation. On the former, it was around 15 seconds, while on the latter it was 0.8 seconds. This, Cerny added, has implications on how the world can be rendered too, which in turn impacts how quickly Spidey can move through the world. On the new hardware, the camera moves through the city much quicker, as the hardware is capable of keeping up with rendering requirements.

Discussing the SSD, Cerny said "the raw read speed is important, but so are the details of the I/O [input-output] mechanisms and the software stack that we put on top of them. I got a PlayStation 4 Pro and then I put in a SSD that cost as much as the PlayStation 4 Pro—it might be one-third faster."

Cerny didn't provide any details on any of the services or a broader overview of PlayStation's vision for the next-generation of gaming, instead focusing on the nitty-gritty of its hardware. It is currently unclear when the console will be fully unveiled. Traditionally, Sony would has debuted its new PlayStations at E3, but the company will not have its usual press conference this year. This leaves PlayStation Experience, one of its new Nintendo Direct-like State of Play streams, or a standalone PS5 announcement event as possibilities--that is assuming it plans to reveal the PlayStation 5 this year.

It is also unclear when Sony plans to launch the PS5. In May 2018, Sony's head of PlayStation, John Kodera, said the new PlayStation was three years off. "We will use the next three years to prepare the next step," he said, "to crouch down so that we can jump higher in the future."

While Sony's plans are still largely unclear, Microsoft's are starting to come into focus. The company is set to have an E3 press conference this year, and head of Xbox Phil Spencer said it is going to go "as big at E3 as we've ever been." In 2018, Microsoft confirmed that a new Xbox was in development, and it is expected that we'll see this next-generation console at E3 2019. More immediately, it has been suggested that an all-digital Xbox One S will be announced soon. As the name indicates, this new console would not accept physical discs and designed around downloading and streaming.

so the biggest specs got to do with shit that dont matter if you dont have badass tv's or do a lot of online gaming/streaming/recording

I wont need this for a while

Will Cop If When Its 3Bills Or Under (Not To Mention The Backlog)

Alot Of My Favorite Franchise Are Dead And Gone (Fuck Konami)

This Might Be The Last Gen I Fuck With Or At Least Try And Stay Current With

Back