Welcome To aBlackWeb

Phuck it, let's do it: Kareem vs. Mike - ABW version

But as I will keep asking, How can Kareem be the best player ever if he isn't even the best Laker ever? While teammates Magic had a bigger impact than KAJ for the Lakers.

Wasn't his first six seasons in Milwaukee? That's one title and three MVPs right there. You know damn well he'd be that "greatest Laker" if all 20 seasons were in LA, but Wilt was there when he first got drafted, so......

Like I said previously:
HOW MANY rings Magic got w/o Kareem?
HOW MANY rings Oscar got w/o Kareem?

(Hint: both answers are the same...)

As for the whole 'Must See TV' argument, that's a moot point:

1) In the 90s, media improved to the point the NBA got global and it was much easier to see NBA stars more regularly then the 70s-early 80s. (Kareem's prime years)

2) That still doesn't meant a thing towards "greatness": that's about 'popularity.'

Answer me this for greatness: how many seasons did it take Mike to win his first MVP award?

Kareem did it before he was even Kareem: Lew Alcindor won it in his 2nd year.

Last edited:
I still say the bottom line is field goal percentage.

When there's 5 seconds left and you're down by one, you pass to the guy with the best field goal percentage, and thats Kareem.

You know what bruh... you’re right.

At 67%, we should enter DeAndre Jordan into the discussion!

Case closed.

“The bottom line is field goal percentage”

- 5 Grand

Surely DeAndre is in the Top 25 of all time, then.

He is better than one of the GOATs in such a vitally important area of the game!

Hell with 5 seconds left who are you going to go to for the game winning shot?

67% says DeAndre, that’s who!

Cool.

Question. One word answer.

With 5 seconds left who are you passing the ball to for the game winning shot?

DeAndre - 67%
Kareem - 56%

Considering Kareem has 5 Rings and DeAmdre has zero, I'd pass to Kareem. But if DeAndre Jordan had some rings on his fingers I'd pass to him.

Wait a minute - This question has nothing to do with rings.

Mike and KAJ have the same number of rings (Mike would have more if he didn’t take 3 years off) yet you deferred to Kareem for the last shot because of 5 percentage points.

Why wouldn’t you pass to DeAndre Jordan when he has 10+ Points over them dudes?

What happened to FG% being the “bottom line”

57c2affa8fdd51d56a5f21969b7b269d--kareem-abdul-jabbar-sports-figures.jpg

The only category that MJ wins is Steals. Otherwise Kareem beats MJ in all aspects of the game.

And I remember when Kareem used to play. I was young but I can remember his sky hook. Growing up in Massachusetts the Celtics/Lakers rivalry was a big deal. We used to watch the finals every year and there was a few years that it was either the Celtics or the Lakers that won the championship.

As dope as MJ was, the clincher for me is Field Goal% and points. If there's 5 seconds left on the clock and you're down by one, would you pass to somebody that has a 55.9% field goal percentage, or would you pass to somebody who has a 49.7% field goal percentage?

Also, for the sake of argument, let's say a steal=blocked shot.

Kareem has 3X as many blocked shots as MJ.

MJ has 2x as many steals as Kareem.

If a steal= a blocked shot then Kareem is better.
No bullshit. . This is one of the dumbest collection of words basketball related I've ever seen

Wait a minute - This question has nothing to do with rings.

Mike and KAJ have the same number of rings (Mike would have more if he didn’t take 3 years off) yet you deferred to Kareem for the last shot because of 5 percentage points.

Why wouldn’t you pass to DeAndre Jordan when he has 10+ Points over them dudes?

What happened to FG% being the “bottom line”

I don't think anybody on Earth would pass to DeAndre Jordan over Kareem or MJ.

I don't think anybody on Earth would pass to DeAndre Jordan over Kareem or MJ.

Of course they wouldn’t ... unless they used the dumb ass logic that you are using.

Look. All things being equal, If there was 5 seconds left in the game and we're down by 1 point I'd pass to the Hall of Famer with the best field goal percentage.

DeAndre Jordan might have a good field goal percentage but he's not a Hall of Famer and he has zero rings. That logic shouldn't be too difficult to understand.

Having said that, Robert Horry has 7 rings and a handful of Championship winning buzzer beaters, but he only averaged like 10 points (I'm on my phone so I'm not checking google). So even though he has rings and buzzer beaters, he's not on the same level as Kareem or MJ.

FG % is not probability to score in a randomly chosen situation.

Anyone that knows basketball knows that a 5 Pt FG % difference between a CENTER and a GUARD is negligible in a discussion about who is greater, especially if that Guard is approaching 50% ...

Guess why DeAndre Jordan makes nearly all of the shots he takes ... and why nobody gives a fuck (hint it has something to do with the POSITION he plays).

Why are you talking about DeAndre Jordan in a Kareem vs Michael Jordan thread?

The question is; Who is better between Kareem and MJ?

I said if there's 5 seconds left and you're down by one point I'd pass to Kareem because he has a better field goal percentage. Please tell me you understand my logic.

And lets leave DeAndre Jordan out of the discussion.

@Peace_79 In that scenario would you pass to Kareem or MJ and why?

MJ

- Best player on every team he’s ever been on
- More clutch
- More versatile
- Better shooter
- Better FT Shooter
- Can score from anywhere in the Half Court
- Arguably, most competitive player in History
- Can lose a defender
- Has multiple moves/ counter moves
- Superior speed and quickness
- Can catch the inbound from anywhere
- Can create for himself or others
- Can get whatever shot he wants
- Known for making difficult shots

Last edited:
BTW, the reason you dont want to answer simple question about DeAndre Jordan is because it demonstrates the stupidity of your argument.

Just form a more coherent argument and I won’t have to keep reminding you of how stupid this one is ...

BTW, the reason you dont want to answer simple question about DeAndre Jordan is because it demonstrates the stupidity of your argument.

Just form a more coherent argument and I won’t have to keep reminding you of how stupid this one is ...

I have a better idea.

Why don't you come with a comprehensive explanation why passing to the person with the better field goal percentage doesn't make sense to you.

Back