Welcome To aBlackWeb

Phonte Says He Created "Rap Singing", Not Drake

Yall were right, I apologize. Drake owes everything he has to Phonte. Not wayne, kanye, etc the tree begins and ends with Phonte.

2995197.gif

It's also just as possible Drake never was influenced by dude and more so other people. Dude's music sounds nothing like any Drake shit. Old rappers feeling entitled to shit 101.. it is what it is

I'll chalk this up to you just not paying attention.

Drake used to admit 100% that Phonte was one of his biggest influences. He used to stay shouting out Phonte on his early records but now it's crickets. They did records together early on, a couple were posted in this thread and it's clear as day. Shit, I posted a quote from an interview Drake did where he says Phonte is one of his biggest influences.

What are you really talking about here???

I'll chalk this up to you just not paying attention.

Drake used to admit 100% that Phonte was one of his biggest influences. He used to stay shouting out Phonte on his early records but now it's crickets. They did records together early on, a couple were posted in this thread and it's clear as day. Shit, I posted a quote from an interview Drake did where he says Phonte is one of his biggest influences.

What are you really talking about here???
If that's the case that's a different story I thought it was being chalked up Drake had to be because Phonte was doing some singy shit.

Neither one of these motherfuckers were the first rapper-singer. But then again, I don't think either of them claimed to be.

Seems as if Phonte's taken more offense to this one journalist's wackass efforts at erasing him and other artists in the rap-singer lane, than he is staking some kinda claim of being the first ever.

He means that Drake's whole style came from him an he's not getting acknowledged for it.

Cadence, delivery, flow... All Phonte.

When's the last time we heard drake rap like this lmao.

He been flipped and left that shit in the trash.

Phonte needs to get over himself.

"Whole style" is a whole lot of bullshit since his style constantly switches up which is what keeps him relevant. Niggas should try it instead of crying. Adapt to the changing environment.

When's the last time we heard drake rap like this lmao.

He been flipped and left that shit in the trash.

Phonte needs to get over himself.

"Whole style" is a whole lot of bullshit since his style constantly switches up which is what keeps him relevant. Niggas should try it instead of crying. Adapt to the changing environment.

Typically, "adapting" means selling out to make a buck. To some, staying true to yourself and maintaining your integrity means more than a few dollars.

If niggas in 2019 trying to say Phonte sounds like Drake, it means Drake hasn't gone too far away from that style and folks can still hear a parallel between him and Phonte.

Typically, "adapting" means selling out to make a buck. To some, staying true to yourself and maintaining your integrity means more than a few dollars.

If niggas in 2019 trying to say Phonte sounds like Drake, it means Drake hasn't gone too far away from that style and folks can still hear a parallel between him and Phonte.

Show me a track in 2019 where you can find a parallel between drake and phonte.

Not drakes fault these niggas teams is trash.

Don't sit on the sidelines bummy cause you didn't cross over tho. The style phonte trying to claim wasn't even his.

Not drakes fault these niggas teams is trash.

Don't sit on the sidelines bummy cause you didn't cross over tho. The style phonte trying to claim wasn't even his.

Bruh, the only style he's claiming was his style. His rhyme structure, cadence, flow and all that. The same shit Drake copied damned near perfectly early on. AND on top of that, he didn't claim the whole singing/rapping shit was his alone:

He didn't say that he was the one that created that style, he said "... But I refuse to let you motherfuckers rewrite history while the niggas (plural) who helped shape it are still breathing."

Drake owes his whole style early on to Phonte 'cause he CLEARLY bit the fuck outta him. BUT, even Phonte acknowledges there were other cats rappin and singing at the same time and trying to give the credit for that to Drake while all them other cats are still alive and making records, himself included, is what he ain't having.

Bruh, the only style he's claiming was his style. His rhyme structure, cadence, flow and all that. The same shit Drake copied damned near perfectly early on. AND on top of that, he didn't claim the whole singing/rapping shit was his alone:

He didn't say that he was the one that created that style, he said "... But I refuse to let you motherfuckers rewrite history while the niggas (plural) who helped shape it are still breathing."

Drake owes his whole style early on to Phonte 'cause he CLEARLY bit the fuck outta him. BUT, even Phonte acknowledges there were other cats rappin and singing at the same time and trying to give the credit for that to Drake while all them other cats are still alive and making records, himself included, is what he ain't having.

You niggas acting like drake said he birthed the shit and never gave any kind of credit tho.

I'm not understanding what niggas want from the situation other than to shit on drake cause it's a thing you niggas like to do.

He doesn't OWE phonte anything.

Thank you for making a great effort in clearing this up, and somebody should post that tweet again where dude thought Phonte sounded like Drake

Back