Welcome To aBlackWeb

Phonte Says He Created "Rap Singing", Not Drake

Created is a skrong word...

I'd credit Nelly if anybody but whatever

Little Brother is dope af

giphy.gif

Name some please.

When I think of Drake... Phonte style is the first one that comes to MY mind that Drake jacked and ran with

Bruh, nigga's till this fuckin day claim 808s and Heartbreaks is a classic mainly off the strength that it's Drake's main influence.

You will hear that a thousand times before you hear one mf mention phonte. I know ABW turned into a backpacker site where Sean Price b-sides get voted the song of the summer, but yall gotta chill with this shit man lol

He means that Drake's whole style came from him an he's not getting acknowledged for it.

Cadence, delivery, flow... All Phonte.

Wrong wrong and wrong. You think cuz you dropped a collab with them niggas from 08 that means phonte birthed his style. Only idiots would believe that.

You think Drake's flow on that song was the first time that was done? Word?

Bruh, nigga's till this fuckin day claim 808s and Heartbreaks is a classic mainly off the strength that it's Drake's main influence.

You will hear that a thousand times before you hear one mf mention phonte. I know ABW turned into a backpacker site where Sean Price b-sides get voted the song of the summer, but yall gotta chill with this shit man lol

Can't speak for the rest of these niggas but this is the first time i've heard the bolded and that is fuckin ridiculous lol.

I stand by my original statement tho

Can't speak for the rest of these niggas but this is the first time i've heard the bolded and that is fuckin ridiculous lol.

I stand by my original statement tho

Today was the first time you ever heard 808 and heartbreak influenced Drake?

giphy.gif

nah..it's the first time I heard someone say the shit was classic BECAUSE of how it influenced Drake

Lets remove that part, my point still stands. Niggas first go to as far as who influenced drake is 808 and Heartbreak, if you wikipedia 808's right now you're gonna see Drake's face and it aint even his album.

After that, Wayne. Drake's first few years in the game sounded like Wayne.

Nigga dropped an old collab like that means anything lol

Show me how Phonte influenced this song

Wrong wrong and wrong. You think cuz you dropped a collab with them niggas from 08 that means phonte birthed his style. Only idiots would believe that.

You think Drake's flow on that song was the first time that was done? Word?

Dawg, he sounds like Phonte Jr on that joint all the way down to mimic-ing Phonte's rhyme patterns and vocal inflections. If I didn't know any better I'd say Phonte wrote the shit for himself, laid the verse down, and Drake came in the session like "oooh, lemme get that verse" and re-recorded it with his voice; it's that blatant a copy. And I ain't the only one 'cause there's been a shitload of articles written about this very subject over the years.

You're loud and wrong fam.

Dawg, he sounds like Phonte Jr on that joint all the way down to mimic-ing Phonte's rhyme patterns and vocal inflections. If I didn't know any better I'd say Phonte wrote the shit for himself, laid the verse down, and Drake came in the session like "oooh, lemme get that verse" and re-recorded it with his voice; it's that blatant a copy. And I ain't the only one 'cause there's been a shitload of articles written about this very subject over the years.

You're loud and wrong fam.
Show me how Phonte influenced this song

Show me how Phonte influenced that Drake song.

See niggas can talk all day, but when you tell a mf to prove it, mfs disappear quick.

Back