Welcome To aBlackWeb

Phonte Says He Created "Rap Singing", Not Drake

You niggas acting like drake said he birthed the shit and never gave any kind of credit tho.

I'm not understanding what niggas want from the situation other than to shit on drake cause it's a thing you niggas like to do.

He doesn't OWE phonte anything.
Where in that post is Phonte saying that, he's talking about the author...

A couple of your posts seem to make Phonte out like he bitter at Drake, when he's perturbed with the author, at least the way it comes off

The fact he jumped about this tells me he's a little mad at drake but what I'm trying to figure out is what niggas mad at drake for exactly.

im sure its been said, but yeah drake got that from phonte. however phonte def didnt create it

Again I don't think this is a reference to Drake but more to the authors who keep writing articles that pass over those who've done it including him

Goes hand in hand. If it wasn't about drake he probably wouldn't give af.

Goes hand in hand. If it wasn't about drake he probably wouldn't give af.

There’s niggas on this forum that would get mad if there was a thread made crediting someone else for their posting style so I don’t see how you don’t understand where ‘Te is coming from.

Artists wanting to be acknowledged for their art isn’t surprising. Especially when crediting someone else that adopted their formula. Especially when it’s coming from supposed journalists. It’s documented in Drake’s music throughout his career so it isn’t as if you have to do some kind of deep research. Look how fast everyone in here was able to post examples and google interviews.

If one can understand the Elvis debate then you should be able to understand this. Simple.

Back