Penny Hardaway or Grant Hill?

Who would you take peak for peak?

• Anfernee “Penny” Hardaway

Votes: 3 33.3%
  • Grant Hill

Votes: 6 66.7%

• Total voters

coolhandsteve

Obviously longevity wise Hill has the better career, even if you look at their good years Hill had his 6 years in Detroit & the one comeback year in Orlando where he started the All-Star Game, while Penny only had about 4.

Peak for peak though who would you take? This has always been hard for me seeing as how these 2 had identical skill sets.

It's Grant but I'm bias for Penny because he's from Tennessee

Pressure got me beamed, I'm talking on the phone
Telling Penny that's the way to do it, represent yo home - 8ball

That logic is why Kobe ran Shaq out of town. Are we holding it against Penny for being put in a situation where he had another Star next to him?

Penny.

Grant Hill was great but I don’t think he was built to be the focal point. Penny had multiple 1st team NBA seasons before he got hurt & you could just tell looking back in 96 that he could be a alpha dog. In the late 90’s I would of took a healthy Penny over Hill to build my team around.

Grant Hill made it look easy. He used to get the ball, crossover his opponent, drive to the hole and dunk over a 7 footer. But he didn't break a sweat while doing it. When MJ did the same moves he looked like he was trying his hardest. There's something about Grant Hill's body language that made it look like he wasn't even trying.

Having said that Penny went to the finals, I'm going with Hardaway. Grant Hill only made it to the finals when he was at the end of his career when he wasn't that much of a factor.

Penny.

Grant Hill was great but I don’t think he was built to be the focal point. Penny had multiple 1st team NBA seasons before he got hurt & you could just tell looking back in 96 that he could be a alpha dog. In the late 90’s I would of took a healthy Penny over Hill to build my team around.

Grant Hill was the focal point of those Piston teams as soon as he was drafted. He also had multiple all NBA seasons before getting injured. Hill, before getting injured was looked at for a short period of maybe being the next face of the league due to carrying those Piston squads to the playoffs in their few successful seasons.

Penny was a really good player before the injuries but honestly his job was made easier due to being in a better situation with better teammates as soon as he got drafted.

Both guys unfortunately had their prime years cut due to injuries though

Back