Welcome To aBlackWeb

Parkland, FL High School Shooting/The March For Our Lives Thread

https://www.mediaite.com/online/pro...-classmates-accuse-him-of-using-racial-slurs/

Pro-Gun Parkland Survivor Kyle Kashuv Apologizes After Classmates Accuse Him of Using Racial Slurs

Kyle Kashuv, a survivor of the Parkland high school shooting who built a media following by opposing gun control, apologized on Twitter late last night for past “offensive comments” he made — presumably referencing recently released screenshots that allegedly show Kashuv repeatedly using the n-word.

“I want to address this with honesty and transparency,” reads Kashuv’s statement on his racist remarks, which he is quick to note was “long before the shooting” in February 2017. “We were 16-year-olds making idiotic comments, using callous and inflammatory language in an effort to be as extreme and shocking as possible. I’m embarrassed by it, but I want to be clear that the comments I made are not indicative of who I am or who I’ve become in the years since.”

While Kashuv, who recently left his job as the high school outreach director for the right-wing youth group Turning Point USA, did not outright acknowledge what his apology was in reference to, other Parkland students shared screenshots allegedly showing him using racial slurs with his peers. Perhaps the most jarring accusation comes from a shared Google Drive document, in which Kashuv and other students took turns writing the n-word over and over.

like im really good at typing n—er ok like practice uhhhhhh makes perfect son??!!” Kashuv allegedly typed into the post.

He has since been called out by a number of conservative activists, including C.J. Pearson — a young, pro-Trump conservative media personality — who is black and was not satisfied with Kashuv’s apology.

Kashuv, who is graduating senior expected to attend Harvard University in the fall, made dozens of media appearances advocating for civilian gun use on major networks like Fox News and CBS News after 17 people were gunned down at his school, Marjory Stoneman Douglas High in Parkland, Florida. He also visited the White House for private meetings with President Donald Trump and First Lady Melania Trump, all while a number of his classmates became the public face of the gun control movement in America.

kyle-kashuv.jpg

What that lil robocoon CJ doesn't realize is the people and party he supports are just as anti black as the kid he's checking. He thinks the only way to identify a racist is if they use the n word

https://www.mediaite.com/politics/h...tudent-kyle-kashuv-over-past-racist-comments/

Harvard Rescinds Acceptance to Pro-Gun Parkland Student Kyle Kashuv Over Past Racist Comments

On Monday, Harvard University rescinded their acceptance of Kyle Kashuv, a pro-Second Amendment activist who survived last year’s deadly shooting in Parkland, Florida, over racist comments he made in high school that emerged on social media in May.

“[The Admissions Committee] takes seriously the qualities of maturity and moral character. After careful consideration, the Committee voted to rescind your admission to Harvard,” the Ivey League school wrote in a letter to Kashuv that he shared on Twitter. “We are sorry about the circumstances that have led us to withdraw your admissions, and we wish you success in your future academic endeavors and beyond.”

Last month, Kashuv issued an apology after being accused of racist comments — which include several instances of him using the n-word; once while referring to “n—erjocks” at his school. After Harvard informed him of their decision in light of the remarks, he then requested to meet with the university but Harvard rejected his request, writing in an email, “We understand this outcome is disappointing, but please be aware that the Admissions Committee carefully and thoroughly considered your application in reaching its determination. Decisions of the Admissions Committee are final.”

In his lengthy Twitter thread explaining the admissions turnaround, Kashuv argued that Harvard “should understand growth” on racism, given that the institution’s history is marked with numerous white supremacists and antisemites.

“Harvard deciding that someone can’t grow, especially after a life-altering event like the shooting, is deeply concerning. If any institution should understand growth, it’s Harvard, which is looked to as the pinnacle of higher education despite its checkered past,” he wrote. “Throughout its history, Harvard’s faculty has included slave owners, segregationists, bigots and antisemites. If Harvard is suggesting that growth isn’t possible and that our past defines our future, then Harvard is an inherently racist institution.”

“In the end, this isn’t about me, it’s about whether we live in a society in which forgiveness is possible or mistakes brand you as irredeemable, as Harvard has decided for me,” he added, while also noting that he is “exploring all options” going forward.

Kashuv’s alleged text messages and other documented slurs were shared by his classmates, who he says also contacted the Harvard admission’s office to urge them to rescind their offer. One screenshotted example includes Kashuv repeatedly typing out the n-word and various expletives in a shared Google Drive document, allegedly writing, “like im really good at typing n—er ok like practice uhhhhhh makes perfect son??!!”

Back