Welcome To aBlackWeb

OPINION Overrated, Underrated, Properly Rated Series: 8 Mile

Vote

• Total voters

AP2.5

I was really really tryna keep it PG
Site Administrator
1597711489573.png
Summary: The setting is Detroit in 1995. The city is divided by 8 Mile, a road that splits the town in half along racial lines. A young white rapper, Jimmy "B-Rabbit" Smith Jr. summons strength within himself to cross over these arbitrary boundaries to fulfill his dream of success in hip hop. With his pal Future and the three one third in place, all he has to do is not choke.

Rating:

1597711630377.png

Overrated as a body of work imo.

Some moments here that have become apart of hip hop vernacular, but overall, wouldnt care if i never saw this movie again.

Like I just posted in the other thread

as a hip hop movie its better than ATL

but where ATL succeeds is its accurate representation of souther black culture at that time

It's cool

Showed Eminem true colors. Had he came out as 'B Rabbit' instead of Slim Shady his career would have went the route of Yelawolf

But it was a cool movie, dope rhymes throughout
"its cool" isnt a poll option sir

Like I just posted in the other thread

as a hip hop movie its better than ATL

but where ATL succeeds is its accurate representation of souther black culture at that time

nah b

if you wanna watch battlerap, hit up URL. Cats not rapping no self depreciating bars in a battle b

nah b

if you wanna watch battlerap, hit up URL. Cats not rapping no self depreciating bars in a battle b
This literally doesnt refute anything about it being a good movie about hip hop and the battle rap scene in Detroit at that time

Back