Welcome To aBlackWeb

Poll Overrated or Nah?: The Shawshank Redemption

Overrated or Nah?

• Total voters
Excellent movie. One of those I'll stop to watch no matter where it's at in the flick if I happen to run across it. I have no problem with it being ranked that high 'cause at a minimum it belongs in the top 5.

I once was in a discussion group and we were breaking down the scene where old homie got out of jail and then killed himself.

Basically saying by releasing that man that age was essentially killing him.

Like for people who don't understand institutionalism.... That was one hell of a example...

Then for homie to get the same room when he got free..... And see where he carved his name..... That shit was deep as fuck....

Shit got me wanting to watch it again

Last edited:
Not In My Top 5 But Definitely One Of The Best Movies Of The 90s

Scarface Is Great Movie As Well

Apples To Oranges Though

Frank Darabont Is An Underrated Director BTW

Walking Dead Fell The Fuck Off When He Was Fired

Fuck AMC For That

Yeah save that peach fest shit for the rest of these clowns.

You one of the biggest clowns on this hoe tho

:js4:

Just look at your recent antics bruh, you really out here trying your hardest to be somethin you aint.... for a bunch of niggas on the internet.

Like niggas don't already know who the real Freeman is

giphy.gif

Nigga you a 6 ft + male groupie who likes to pretend hes a part of Drakes entourage on a internet forum.

Tell me im lying?

You one of the biggest clowns on this hoe tho

:js4:

Just look at your recent antics bruh, you really out here trying your hardest to be somethin you aint.... for a bunch of niggas on the internet.

Like niggas don't already know who the real Freeman is

giphy.gif

Nigga you a 6 ft + male groupie who likes to pretend hes a part of Drakes entourage on a internet forum.

Tell me im lying?

Key word.

There’s thousands of references and quotes of Scarface on movies, musics and shows. Even Snowfall dedicated damn near a whole episode to Scarface.

I know the comic book niggas on here like to try to play Scarface but y’all gotta respect it.

The exact same thing can be said about Shawshank.

Lol nigga u know shawshank aint even got 25% of the quotes and references scarface has. Nigga your favorite rapper is named SCARFACE! lol

Negro, let's not act like Scarface got Friday or Coming to America quotables either.

There's "Say hello to my little friend" "The world is yours".....what else?

Shawshank got just as many. Plus Morgan Freeman voice over is ICONIC. Where you think the whole voice of god came from. Just ask the guy you think is the GOAT Stand-Up.

Back