Welcome To aBlackWeb

Poll Overrated or Nah?: The Shawshank Redemption

Overrated or Nah?

• Total voters
Negro, let's not act like Scarface got Friday or Coming to America quotables either.

There's "Say hello to my little friend" "The world is yours".....what else?

Shawshank got just as many. Plus Morgan Freeman voice over is ICONIC. Where you think the whole voice of god came from. Just ask the guy you think is the GOAT Stand-Up.

Nigga are u drunk? lol There's about 50.

Ima just leave this here.

“All I got is my balls and my word and I don’t break em for nobody.”

“This town is like a great big pussy just waiting to be fucked.”

“Every dog has his day.”

“Say goodnight to the bad guy!”

“ Me, I want what's coming to me.
Oh, well what's coming to you?
The world, chico, and everything in it.”

What other lines am I missing @Goldie

1. the world is yours
2. say hello
3. money power respect
4. i always tell the truth, even when i lie
5.everyday above ground is a good day
6. say goodnight to the bad guy, this the last time ... u know the rest
7. All i have in this world is... matter fact

maxresdefault.jpg

8. that's ok, she'll be back, anoth... matter fact

tenor.gif

I can do this all day

Get busy living, or get busy dying.

I'd like to think that the last thing that went through his head, other than that bullet, was to wonder how the hell Andy Dufresne ever got the best of him.

hope is a dangerous thing my friend,it can kill a man...

Remember Red, hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things, and no good thing ever dies

The world went and got itself in a big damn hurry

I have to remind myself that some birds aren’t meant to be caged.

The funny thing is, on the outside I was an honest man. Straight as an arrow. I had to come to prison to be a crook

These walls are funny. First you hate ’em. Then you get used to ’em. Enough time passes, you get so you depend on them. That’s institutionalized.

Like I said Shawshank got em too AND it's a good movie.

Lol nigga u know shawshank aint even got 25% of the quotes and references scarface has. Nigga your favorite rapper is named SCARFACE! lol

that's 'cause niggas always trying to fantasize about, assimilate, and emulate criminal shit, so they quote criminal shit whether real of fictitious. I.e. A Black man claiming the Gotti last name, claiming to be "made" and other assorted mafioso shit... And don't let it be some drug shit (i.e. Scarface), niggas wanna claim that shit all day (i.e. a rap nigga named Noriega, fiddy-leven niggas with names associated with Rick Ross, BMF, and the like...)

that's 'cause niggas always trying to fantasize about, assimilate, and emulate criminal shit, so they quote criminal shit whether real of fictitious. I.e. A Black man claiming the Gotti last name, claiming to be "made" and other assorted mafioso shit... And don't let it be some drug shit (i.e. Scarface), niggas wanna claim that shit all day (i.e. a rap nigga named Noriega, fiddy-leven niggas with names associated with Rick Ross, BMF, and the like...)

Idc about the why, the fact still remains. Between movies, tv shows and music Scarface has been referenced and quoted thousands of times. I've heard/seen Shawshank referenced twice.

True. But your whole retort to hustle's "Shawshank>>>>>>>>>>Scarface" comment was that Scarface has been referenced in Music and Tv/movies a bunch of times. Like that makes it a good movie.

Ofc it doesn't mean everything, but arguably being the most quoted and referenced movie of alltime has some significance.

If both came on I'd be more inclined to watch ShawShank bc I can quote Scarface front to back

It's also a testament to how good Scarface is that I've seen it so much

But Shawshank dope in its own right. If The lead character was black we'd relate to it more becuase it definitely showcased how we are railroad'd in the criminal justice system. Hard to imagine it happening to square as white dudes, even if it does every now and again

You related to Tony, even if you wasn't a big time drug dealer.

Before I continue the series with the next movie, there's really 20 mfs on here who believe Shawshank is the 2nd best movie of alltime? Top 5 movie of alltime?

And before we continue this shit, please give the shit some thought before voting. Niggas gonna have 30 movies in the top 5.

Before I continue the series with the next movie, there's really 20 mfs on here who believe Shawshank is the 2nd best movie of alltime? Top 5 movie of alltime?

And before we continue this shit, please give the shit some thought before voting. Niggas gonna have 30 movies in the top 5.
I wouldn't mind if it was the #1 movie

Last edited:
Back