Welcome To aBlackWeb

OPINION Originals vs Covers

Yea, you're right about them adlibs on the live version. I didn't like the studio version much tho.

damn.... I never even heard or knew they had a studio version.. that Live joint was the only one I remember from them..

im not gonna taint this classic song by listening to some polished no soul ass studio version now that you told me that shit aint fiyah.

Preciate ya @Remedy lol

Original - a-Ha - Take On Me

vs

Zo! & Tigallo- Take On Me

maaaaaan that Zo! and Tigallo album is waaaay underrated.. they killed all the covers they did

My last one for the day.. shoulda been my first... and I will fight a nigga over this.....

this the only version of this song that matters to me....

yall can mention

Otis Redding

or even Aretha(RIP)

but none of that shit carrys the same weight as the original

The Supreme's did the original but Stevie made this his own song and I also liked Kirk Whalum with Wendy Moten's version too because of her voice clarity and conviction.

Last night an old friend linked me to go shoot pool. Went to this neighbourhood spot with a DJ. He started out playing old school house joints, then flipped the script and hit us with this and I can't get enough.

Shits on the Uzi version
1f4af.png

Love both but I always preferred Troop’s version.

Whooo This is a hard one. I got to go with Troop too. It's hard to pick against the Jacksons, but it is what it is.

Original: Dells - The Love We Had

Cover: Dru Hill - The Love We Had

DH gave it a good shot, but I'm still going with the original.

Back