Welcome To aBlackWeb

Oprah Will Be Executive Producing Documentary About Russell Simmons' Rape Allegations

Did you miss the word alleged?

Again...all I wana see is if niggas defend him off not believing he did anything not cuz he a black man.
U know damn well alleged means nothing once a doc like that comes out....everybody has their own reason for their stance on this...the burden of proof is on the accuser

If any of Russels accusers were white he probably would’ve been got hemmed up. And once it got out he groomed the girl in his most famous relationship it was wide open for something like this too happen. I don’t think Oprah is unfairly targeting black men tho.

It does cuz most ppl still dont believe the mj accusers even after the doc.
Because the facts say otherwise.....and ur wrong hell I had to son my coworker w facts cuz she came in talking bout she just watched the MJ Doc and she ll never listen to him again...and so many ppl feel like that ....u got radio station no longer playing his music and etc....these docs are crazy influential

If any of Russels accusers were white he probably would’ve been got hemmed up. And once it got out he groomed the girl in his most famous relationship it was wide open for something like this too happen. I don’t think Oprah is unfairly targeting black men tho.
She is not a subject of the doc tho

I completely forgot about this shit. How many accusers does he actually have? I honestly don’t care if Oprah does this cuz if it wasn’t her someone else would. Fact is I don’t know anyone who really gives a fuck about this situation. I’m sure there’s a lot of people like me who saw this on the news and it was gone as soon as it popped up. I don’t wanna think he’s guilty of anything but who knows.

Because the facts say otherwise.....and ur wrong hell I had to son my coworker w facts cuz she came in talking bout she just watched the MJ Doc and she ll never listen to him again...and so many ppl feel like that ....u got radio station no longer playing his music and etc....these docs are crazy influential
I didnt say docs wasnt influential my point is ppl gon believe what they wana believe with or without it. And most ppl (at least black ppl) that ride for mike did so because they ain't believe the accusations and the accusers and/or their families been shown to have lied. So when the doc came out it only swayed ppl that didnt believe he was innocent in the first place.

Now with russ....I dont hear nobody defending him off believing he ain't do nothin or that his character is solid. The only defense is because "oprah goin after black men." We dont even know the details of the subject of the doc yet or if it's even gon come out. But internet niggas conditioned to deflect to what white ppl doin when somebody black get caught being foul.

Maybe the issue isn't the matter of his innocence or guilt, but the unlikely numerical probability of there being more prominent black people getting the spotlight despite being the minority group in the industry.

Same as the prison industrial system. Less blacks in public but more blacks in jail. Shit is obviously bias.

Maybe the issue isn't the matter of his innocence or guilt, but the unlikely numerical probability of there being more prominent black people getting the spotlight despite being the minority group in the industry.

Same as the prison industrial system. Less blacks in public but more blacks in jail. Shit is obviously bias.
I hear that but I'm not buying this we goin to bat for niggas with predatory history and making it a racial issue. You dont get to do foul shit then run behind "I'm a black man look at them over there" shit.

You lost control of the narrative by shooting first. Whatever happens to you behind that, you gotta take on the chin. Leave us out of it.

Half the niggas in this pic don't have careers to speak of anymore. Have lost work and went to court for what they did.

But that dont matter all yall care about is has a doc been made lol

I think you're underestimating the impact of a documentary. People subconsciously start to form images in their heads of what a sexual predator looks like. So when black faces are being shown more, and the details of what they did are exposed more, people can start to associate rape with black men. It's bigger than these individuals. It's cultural impact.

Would you think it's ok for news outlets to say they're only reporting on black criminals, as long as white criminals are still being arrested? Same logic.

My thing is these its not really going to be a real documentary. Its just going to be the every accuser in front of the camera telling their story and them treating it as 100% fact. The dont question anything they say and just go with it.

I watch a lot of documentaries on all sorta things, for instance the one about the Saudi Prince murdering that journalist. The guy who did it, challenged both sides accusations and or inconsistencies. But when I tried to watch that Bill Cosby & the Weinstein doc, it was like night & day. It was just people accusing them sitting in front of the camera saying he did this or that, no real investigation and I'm willing to be this Russell Simmons one will be exactly like that.
BELIEVE WOMEN YOU SHITLORD!!

/s

Lol, it's really hard to find a doc without some kind of bias. Shit, it's hard to even find news without a bias.

That being said, the fact that at 35 he had his eyes set on Kimora when she was just 17 is pretty disgusting and predatory. It was never a good look, it makes it very hard for me to not lean towards believing these allegations.

I hear that but I'm not buying this we goin to bat for niggas with predatory history and making it a racial issue. You dont get to do foul shit then run behind "I'm a black man look at them over there" shit.

You lost control of the narrative by shooting first. Whatever happens to you behind that, you gotta take on the chin. Leave us out of it.
The mistake we make too often is thinking race is a retroactive factor rather than a preliminary factor.

How many times has a story come out about some black man, woman, or child being done some injustice, race being downplayed as a motivation, only for the wrongdoer's past to be dug up and racist sentiments are found?

If this country wanted to "leave race out of it" so bad, they'd allow for communities to try, judge, and punish their own instead of constantly being wrongly targeted, wrongly suspected, wrongly charged, and wrongly convicted for and by somebody else's standard of bias.

Yes wrong is wrong regardless of who does it. But when one group gets punished at a higher rarely and more severely than another group for the same crime, it's foul play.

Internet niggas: there’s no evidence whatsoever alluding to his culpability save the story of his accusers, so making a doc about him is grossly irresponsible especially prior to any law enforcement action.

Gabi: internet niggas are defending him cuz he’s black and deflecting to white subjects.

Sometimes what u think is or will happen is just not there

2.jpg

I've always thought Oprah to be full of shit when it come to black people. What's the point of making a Russ doc when Spacey or Weinstein would grab more attention and ratings....Weinstein may have a trial coming up but he still protected in Hollywood...documentaries like this based on accusation sets a dangerous precedent for the rest of us..

I've always thought Oprah to be full of shit when it come to black people. What's the point of making a Russ doc when Spacey or Weinstein would grab more attention and ratings....Weinstein may have a trial coming up but he still protected in Hollywood...documentaries like this based on accusation sets a dangerous precedent for the rest of us..

So Untouchable wasn't released this year?

Back