Welcome To aBlackWeb

Oprah Will Be Executive Producing Documentary About Russell Simmons' Rape Allegations

Maybe because she's black so things that have affected black people might draw her attention more than going for a ratings grab? Niggas get real funny when it comes to folks addressing shit in the black community. On the one hand niggas want bullshit called out, but then when it is there's always a group of folks going "Why not *random white man here*...shit won't ever change unless you can start to call out the bullshit from your own.

What? I'm not excusing shit. IF he's guilty, then he deserve punishment. But its very easy to make Black people the face of negative issues of humanity. Black on Black crime is a perfect example- White on White crime happens at 84%...black on black violence is about 90%....the difference is negligible but please tell me when have you ever heard the term white on white violence used in the media??.... I'll wait.

Plus, when has Oprah ever done anything specifically for the benefit of African Americans? I really don't know, but i know she got pics with Weinstein..

I believe dude ended up settling

150k? Jesus. Some of these parents really don’t love their kids.

what’s his documentary? Hollywood secrets? This guy directed x-men, makes me feel sick everytime I watch it cus there’s always a lot of child actors in these films.

the rich can basically only be held accountable by other rich people, if you don’t have money and influence you will be buried attempting to bring all these predators down. All networked and will occasionally let one fall to preserve the masses of the group.

R Kelly=Weinstein got the same level of attention from the media we just don’t see it.

I disagree with this. Weinstein got a lot of attention when the #metoo movement was dominating headlines, but then it died down a lot. R Kelly has been getting attention all this time. Surviving R Kelly was huge, part 2 comes out next month, Google reported it was the 9th most searched show of 2019, and R Kelly was the 5th most Googled person of 2019.

I disagree with this. Weinstein got a lot of attention when the #metoo movement was dominating headlines, but then it died down a lot. R Kelly has been getting attention all this time. Surviving R Kelly was huge, part 2 comes out next month, Google reported it was the 9th most searched show of 2019, and R Kelly was the 5th most Googled person of 2019.
I’m talking about the documentaries

We ignored R-Kelly for 18 years and he was the worse of the worse because he messed with kids.

It’s been implied that R Kelly’s documentary and Weinstein’s documentary got the same level of attention.

Sheeiitttt, Haha. R Kelly's got way more attention. Partially just from availability. If you have Lifetime or Netflix you can watch it. Could anyone see Weinstein's before it hit Hulu a few months ago?

Sheeiitttt, Haha. R Kelly's got way more attention. Partially just from availability. If you have Lifetime or Netflix you can watch it. Could anyone see Weinstein's before it hit Hulu a few months ago?
Damn someone was arguing me down that it got the same attention and I just missed it. I don’t know if you can watch it now to be honest.

Back