Welcome To aBlackWeb

Oprah Will Be Executive Producing Documentary About Russell Simmons' Rape Allegations

So this just comes down to black people shouldn’t discuss our famous people problems in public

Youre missing the point it seems...

Guilt (or innocence) isnt the question here. The vast majority thinks r kelly is guilty as fuck, there seems to be a pretty even split among mj, and with russell simmons it remains to be seen....

Again not the issue here...the issue is that some feel compelled to try them in the court of public opinion. I call it "trial by lifetime".

And to no surprise the subjects tend to be black. Ironically, the ones producing these have a certain "base" (and unfortunately they tend to be black as well). And in them is no conflicting evidence, no chance for the accused to defend themselves, no context whether it be timestamped or circumstantial.

We need to stop acting like oprah isn't doing this to protect her own base and shield herself from criticism for protecting Weinstein by not speaking on or even acknowledging it.

That's my issue more than anything. She blood sacrificing her own. I don't expect anyone to protect russ cause he black but I can't accept another black person killing him for gain. It's wack.

Bring what up?

What’s the whole subject of the post? Anyway folks saying kellz and rus and Cosby thrown under the bus but obviously the community wasn’t checking them niggas. Now some white peoples shedding light and it’s a conspiracy?

I know y’all think it’s a distraction but the go to image of a sex predator is a white guy first.

What’s the whole subject of the post? Anyway folks saying kellz and rus and Cosby thrown under the bus but obviously the community wasn’t checking them niggas. Now some white peoples shedding light and it’s a conspiracy?

I know y’all think it’s a distraction but the go to image of a sex predator is a white guy first.
They got a whole community of white men they need to check. Cosby was nothing but accusations with no evidence or proof of anything. I’m not too familiar with Russell Simmons to say anything one way or another. R Kelly was/is a pedo who belongs in jail AND I can also acknowledge that there was a witch hunt against him.

I already explained the doc thing a few posts ago.

But it was said on the first page that weinsetein has a doc out. Dont know if the same one been posted but he just had one on him at Sundance this year. Numerous docs, movies, shows, podcasts, are made about white killers/rapists/sexual abusers etc. For every surviving rkelly theres 10 other things that came out about some sick ass white boy.

I hear you, but the thread is about Oprah making this documentary. She didn't do anything on Weinstein, and her name carries enough weight to draw attention. Do you honestly think Weinstein's doc will get half of the attention Surviving R Kelly and Finding Neverland got?

So given that R. Kelly and Bill Cosby were already receiving significantly more attention, I think another documentary on a black man can have negative consequences beyond just the men involved. So when people point out the documentary issues I think it's valid. We're already losing the PR battle. I don't think one of the biggest names in America, adding another (random) log to the flame is a good look for our people.

That image can change. Just like the face of the opioid epidemic was real white too. That's changing now though.

I've always thought Oprah to be full of shit when it come to black people. What's the point of making a Russ doc when Spacey or Weinstein would grab more attention and ratings....Weinstein may have a trial coming up but he still protected in Hollywood...documentaries like this based on accusation sets a dangerous precedent for the rest of us..

Maybe because she's black so things that have affected black people might draw her attention more than going for a ratings grab? Niggas get real funny when it comes to folks addressing shit in the black community. On the one hand niggas want bullshit called out, but then when it is there's always a group of folks going "Why not *random white man here*...shit won't ever change unless you can start to call out the bullshit from your own.

Is that your logic? Well Weinstein is known NOW so what’s up?

He's currently about to go to trial for the accusations, has had his entire everything stripped from him career wise and will never be able to work again...you want his name written in the clouds too?

Maybe because she's black so things that have affected black people might draw her attention more than going for a ratings grab? Niggas get real funny when it comes to folks addressing shit in the black community. On the one hand niggas want bullshit called out, but then when it is there's always a group of folks going "Why not *random white man here*...shit won't ever change unless you can start to call out the bullshit from your own.
B68EBA38-1A5A-4359-85AE-4B55EBE32330.jpeg 60EB7F4B-1028-4F99-991F-779B86D7BC21.jpeg
:hahaha:

Back