Oprah Will Be Executive Producing Documentary About Russell Simmons' Rape Allegations

Hellczar

Tidewater Negro
Mar 6, 2017
Hampton VA
ABW Bucks
$24,385,156
The nigga had his biggest song right after the trial for child molestation ...ponder on that.,, like niggas saw him go to court daily for sex w a minor then bumped his music... now we outraged tho lol
And you wonder why niggas ain’t taking your anti Oprah outrage seriously. You pretty much saying nobody gave a fuck but now that people do the black men should be protected by the black community(which they have been) like how the white community protects their white men.

Niggas want pedophiles to fall under protection. And wonder why it’s a gender divide. Weird as fuck.

• Ether
Reactions: Mister

shutupGabi

Head Auntie of Dragonstone
Jan 19, 2017
ABW Bucks
$90,634,904
Niggas need to get on code. Period. Oprah could do a thousand other things.

It's not about rallying behind russ. Fuck him. But why is she rushing to condemn him? Especially considering her known ties. Certain things we don't need to do to eachother.
It's obvious to me what her motivation is tho.
I dont think anybody believes oprah being a beacon of justice now. I'm sure we smart enough to see through it...like I said, I dont see the point.

But like I also said, you dont get to do foul shit and also keep control of the narrative. If bullshit comes out about you stemming from you doing bullshit, you gotta deal with that on your own. Dont fall back on the race to protect you.

Reactions: Hellczar

5th Letter

Bootcut jeans wearer
Mod Squad
Jan 22, 2017
ABW Bucks
$25,267,517
Saying that there is a double standard means that you condone R Kelly’s actions. Got it.

25centsandwich

Dec 21, 2017
ABW Bucks
$13,995
So this just comes down to black people shouldn’t discuss our famous people problems in public
Youre missing the point it seems...

Guilt (or innocence) isnt the question here. The vast majority thinks r kelly is guilty as fuck, there seems to be a pretty even split among mj, and with russell simmons it remains to be seen....

Again not the issue here...the issue is that some feel compelled to try them in the court of public opinion. I call it "trial by lifetime".

And to no surprise the subjects tend to be black. Ironically, the ones producing these have a certain "base" (and unfortunately they tend to be black as well). And in them is no conflicting evidence, no chance for the accused to defend themselves, no context whether it be timestamped or circumstantial.

Reactions: deadeye

King Freeman

Fuck em
We The North
NBA Champions
6IX God
Dec 19, 2017
ABW Bucks
$918,308
We need to stop acting like oprah isn't doing this to protect her own base and shield herself from criticism for protecting Weinstein by not speaking on or even acknowledging it.

That's my issue more than anything. She blood sacrificing her own. I don't expect anyone to protect russ cause he black but I can't accept another black person killing him for gain. It's wack.

5th Letter

Bootcut jeans wearer
Mod Squad
Jan 22, 2017
ABW Bucks
$25,267,517
I’m still stuck on if you call out what the media is doing then it means that you condone statutory rape. Lord.

Reactions: deadeye

Hellczar

Tidewater Negro
Mar 6, 2017
Hampton VA
ABW Bucks
$24,385,156
Bring what up?
What’s the whole subject of the post? Anyway folks saying kellz and rus and Cosby thrown under the bus but obviously the community wasn’t checking them niggas. Now some white peoples shedding light and it’s a conspiracy?

I know y’all think it’s a distraction but the go to image of a sex predator is a white guy first.

5th Letter

Bootcut jeans wearer
Mod Squad
Jan 22, 2017
ABW Bucks
$25,267,517
What’s the whole subject of the post? Anyway folks saying kellz and rus and Cosby thrown under the bus but obviously the community wasn’t checking them niggas. Now some white peoples shedding light and it’s a conspiracy?

I know y’all think it’s a distraction but the go to image of a sex predator is a white guy first.
They got a whole community of white men they need to check. Cosby was nothing but accusations with no evidence or proof of anything. I’m not too familiar with Russell Simmons to say anything one way or another. R Kelly was/is a pedo who belongs in jail AND I can also acknowledge that there was a witch hunt against him.

Bow to Royalty

Feb 15, 2019
ABW Bucks
$29,879
I already explained the doc thing a few posts ago.

But it was said on the first page that weinsetein has a doc out. Dont know if the same one been posted but he just had one on him at Sundance this year. Numerous docs, movies, shows, podcasts, are made about white killers/rapists/sexual abusers etc. For every surviving rkelly theres 10 other things that came out about some sick ass white boy.
I hear you, but the thread is about Oprah making this documentary. She didn't do anything on Weinstein, and her name carries enough weight to draw attention. Do you honestly think Weinstein's doc will get half of the attention Surviving R Kelly and Finding Neverland got?

So given that R. Kelly and Bill Cosby were already receiving significantly more attention, I think another documentary on a black man can have negative consequences beyond just the men involved. So when people point out the documentary issues I think it's valid. We're already losing the PR battle. I don't think one of the biggest names in America, adding another (random) log to the flame is a good look for our people.

Reactions: Elzo69Renaissance

Bow to Royalty

Feb 15, 2019
ABW Bucks
$29,879

That image can change. Just like the face of the opioid epidemic was real white too. That's changing now though.