Welcome To aBlackWeb

Only a few bad apples huh?...Bad Cops Thread

SMFH. This is the conclusion to that shooting in Miami where the guy was helping his special needs patient. And the cops shot him for no reason while he was unarmed with his hands up.
https://www.theroot.com/miami-officer-acquitted-of-attempted-manslaughter-he-s-1835609490
bwkh8ryrxga1wjqykn4l.png

Miami Officer Acquitted of Attempted Manslaughter: 'He Should Have Never Been Charged to Begin With'

Charles Kinsey thought he was good.

Despite police on the scene, as he laid on the North Miami sidewalk with his arms extended in the air, he believed he posed no threat. And he thought the same of his group home patient, 23-year-old Arnaldo Rios Soto, who sat beside him while playing with a toy truck.

“As long as I got my hands up, they’re not gonna shoot me,” Kinsey told WSVN in 2016. “This is what I’m thinking: ‘They’re not gonna shoot me.’ Wow, was I wrong.”

Officer Jonathan Aledda—one of six officers on the scene and the only one to open fire—shot three times anyway, hitting Kinsey once in the leg. When asked why he opened fire, the veteran SWAT team member offered a tepid, “I don’t know.” And now, the jury that acquitted him of attempted manslaughter seemingly gave those expecting justice the same response.

On Monday, the Washington Post reported that Aledda was found guilty of culpable negligence—a misdemeanor—for the 2016 shooting of Kinsey. In addition, two other felony attempted manslaughter charges in connection with the shooting were dismissed.

“We thought he should have never been charged to begin with,” Douglas Hartman, Aledda’s attorney, told NBC 6. “We’re disappointed that [the jury] found him guilty of a misdemeanor.”

In March, another jury had previously deadlocked on three of the four charges, the first filed against a police officer in Miami-Dade County for an on-duty shooting since 1989.

Amid the neverending headlines concerning unarmed black men suffering violence at the hands of reckless police officers, this serves as a cruel reminder that contrary to Kinsey’s belief, we’re never good.

Alleda faces up to a year in prison. But because the culpable negligence charge is a misdemeanor, it’s very possible he’ll be allowed to continue his career as a police officer.

“We think the verdict as delivered was fair,” Miami-Dade Chief Assistant State Attorney Don Horn told the Miami Herald.

Heres and interesting comment on the article

Sitzpinkler
6/18/19 2:25pm
The fix was in the moment the prosecutor charged him with attempted manslaughter and only the lesser included of culpable negligence. Any prosecutor would know that no cop would be convicted of attempted manslaughter for shooting a guy in the leg. They could have charged the cop with aggravated assault which would have virtually guaranteed a prison sentence. But just charging attempted manslaughter with a lesser included of culpable negligence ensured he would only be convicted of a misdemeanor.

Growing up I honestly used to think fleeing would not get you shot. I really thought it was illegal for them the shoot people who run away

Growing up I honestly used to think fleeing would not get you shot. I really thought it was illegal for them the shoot people who run away

When I lived a couple miles away from where that happened, I had a LASD deputy tell me he was hoping I would have ran because he was a "real good shot". A deputy shot and killed the homie for running not long after that.

Last edited:
When I lived a couple miles away from where that happened, I had a LASD deputy tell me he was hoping I would have ran because he was a "real good shot". A deputy shot and killed the homie for running not long after that.

I'm still running fuck all that. If given the opportunity I'm running without hesitating

Drug task force commander resigns amid GBI investigation into missing funds

He was described as a rising star and standout within Henry County law enforcement. Then money went missing.

As a result, Flint Circuit Drug Task Force commander Maj. Chad Rosborough resigned the day after being placed on administrative leave by the McDonough Police Department pending a GBI investigation into the matter, Channel 2 Action News reported.
“When we heard these allegations, it’s just like a numbing effect when they’re telling you about a member of your team who has been with you for a long, long time,” McDonough police Chief Preston Dorsey, who placed Rosborough on leave last week, told Channel 2.
Task force agents alerted Dorsey about the possible money mishandling, which led to an emergency meeting of the task force’s board, Channel 2 reported. Dorsey said the allegations were hard to hear considering Rosborough, who recently graduated from the FBI National Academy, had an excellent reputation.
“The day he became the commander, that unit really took off,” Dorsey told Channel 2. “Very organized, very well-known throughout the state of Georgia, and Chad just did an outstanding job for us.”

The board, which consists of members from the Henry County, McDonough, Hampton and Locust Grove police departments as well as the sheriff’s office, district attorney’s office and solicitor general’s office, voted unanimously to ask to GBI to investigate.
Dorsey said it will be reported to the Police Officers Standards and Training (POST) organization as a resignation in lieu of termination.

Among the allegations, Rosborough allegedly used a government purchasing card for personal items, Channel 2 reported. GBI spokeswoman Nelly Miles confirmed to AJC.com that the agency has opened a criminal investigation.
District Attorney Darius Pattillo sent Channel 2 a statement that said, “The GBI is investigating a report of missing funds at the Flint Circuit Drug Task Force. We will review the GBI’s findings once their investigation is complete and determine next steps for potential prosecution.”
Rosborough did not return Channel 2’s requests for comment.

Videos of white cops tasing black man go viral

Some concerned about possible racial profiling; police say man refused to comply with orders

Videos of two white police officers subduing a black man with a stun gun in the Clarkston, Wash., Walmart parking lot blew up on social media Tuesday, sparking concerns of racial profiling.

Clarkston police have launched an internal investigation into the use of force, which is routine whenever a Taser is deployed, Chief Joel Hastings said. The department has no history of racial bias, and the incident is under careful review, he said.

“We haven’t received any formal complaints about this, but it did get a lot of attention on social media,” Hastings said. “Citizens are required to cooperate with lawful orders during an investigation, and the man refused to cooperate. The outcome is unfortunate. Because there was a use of force, our agency will conduct an internal review, which is part of our protocol.”

Community members voiced concerns of excessive force, as well as support for the police department, on social media posts of the videos that have been viewed more than 20,000 times and shared more than 500 times as of Tuesday evening.

The man, later identified as Mark A. Domino, 52, can be heard repeatedly asking, “Why are you detaining me?” as the officers made contact with him.

Hastings said police were called to the scene at about 5:45 p.m. Monday after a community member contacted Whitcom Regional Dispatch Center about a suspected vehicle prowler in the parking lot. The man was described as a black male approximately 5 feet, 11 inches tall, wearing a backpack.

When the first officer arrived, he found a man matching the description standing near a motorcycle, Hastings said. The officer asked the man for identification.

Domino reportedly refused to comply with orders and became agitated, Hastings said. In his report, the first officer, Chris Lorz, said he felt it would be safer to detain the man while he conducted his investigation.
A second officer, Anthony Bennett, arrived at the scene, and Domino continued to refuse to comply with their orders, according to police. Initial attempts to handcuff him were unsuccessful.

In the video, Domino, who is employed at Walmart and had just finished his shift, kept asking why he was being questioned, saying he knows his rights and didn’t do anything. A woman in the background can be heard saying, “Mark, are you OK?”
After he was told he was under arrest for obstruction, the man reportedly broke loose and was consequently subdued with a Taser, the chief said.

Domino was handcuffed, taken to the Asotin County Jail and cited and released on two misdemeanors. He is facing charges of obstructing a law enforcement officer and resisting arrest. The police report has been sent to City Prosecutor Todd Richardson for a charging decision.

L.A. County sheriff’s sex crimes detective admits assaulting girl in case he investigated

A Los Angeles County sheriff’s investigator assigned to handle sensitive sexual abuse crimes pleaded guilty this week to sexually assaulting a minor in 2017.

The Ventura County district attorney’s office announced Wednesday that Neil David Kimball, 46, of Agoura pleaded guilty to a lewd act with a child and unlawful sexual intercourse. He is expected to be sentenced to three years in prison as part of a plea agreement and must register as a sex offender.

The deputy, who investigated dozens of child molestation cases in L.A. County for the sheriff’s sex crimes unit since 2013, met the 15-year-old after she reported being a victim of sexual assault. While Kimball was investigating her case, authorities said, he befriended the girl and assaulted her in Camarillo.

Sheriff’s officials said Friday that Kimball’s pay was suspended March 4 and the agency has now obtained court documents to proceed with his immediate termination.
Kimball met the victim during the “scope of his work,” a department spokeswoman told The Times last year.

The 20-year department veteran was arrested in November after a monthlong investigation. He was relieved of duty with pay after a complaint about him from a member of the public sparked an internal criminal investigation.

Sheriff’s Department spokeswoman Nicole Nishida told The Times last year that Kimball had been at a medical facility, away from the special victims bureau, in the months before his arrest. A colleague who took over some of his criminal investigations then learned of the accusation against Kimball in October after contacting people involved in the deputy’s cases.

“We hold all our employees to the highest ethical standard and when that standard is not met there must be consequences,” the Sheriff’s Department declared in a statement, saying it “has fully cooperated with the Ventura County District Attorney Office’s prosecution of Neil Kimball.”

In 2009, a few years before he joined the sex crimes unit, Kimball was investigated for sexual battery but was not charged with a crime. In that case, a woman told the Sheriff’s Department that Kimball, while on duty, had grabbed her hand and tried to make her touch his genitals, according to a memo from the Los Angeles County district attorney’s office.

When Kimball was initially charged in November with forcible rape of the teen — including a special circumstance allegation that the victim was bound — and dissuading a witness by force or threat, he pleaded not guilty.

The prosecution filed an amended complaint Tuesday with the charges to which he ultimately admitted, the Ventura County Star reported.
Kimball is expected to appear in Ventura County Superior Court on Aug. 8 for sentencing.

Back