Welcome To aBlackWeb

I understood why Malcolm was moving the way he was in this film and during that time. He was going through some serious shit! He was worried about his family being out in the street, what the NOI might do to him for leaving the organization, his faith in the honorable Elijah Muhammad and the NOI as a whole was totally shaken, the Feds was on his ass, etc.

I do think Malcolm was kind of trying to use Ali but he also was trying to look out for a person who was young and joining something partly because he believed in him. He felt responsible for getting Ali involved with a person (Elijah Muhammad) who wasn't practicing what he preached. He also was hoping Ali would stick with him which would give him more legitimacy and clout when he splits from the NOI. I also felt Malcolm was trying to convince Jim and Sam to help him a bit and also do more to help black people.

Malcolm's intentions were good but his delivery (and timing) was not the greatest. Maybe one of the reasons he went at them and Sam in particular so hard is because he knew he didn't have much time left on this earth and he seen the potential in them.

How yall feel about the Malcolm and Ali dynamic?

Do yall feel like Malcolm was tryna use him, had his best interest at heart, that his intentions were self serving or some kind of combination of those things?
Yes to all

seems Malcolm was tired and he needed help

the scene after his house get fire bombed and he just looking at Betty, I cant even imagine the weight he felt knowing what he put on her, the babies

i Believe he genuinely cared about all of them, he also knew their influence and that he needed it. He felt his time was running short, the more committed he got to doing what he felt was right, the more allies he lost, more enemies he gained

One of the things I felt with Kaepernick Was he ain’t understand the weight of what he was stepping into and it scared him once he felt it

I enjoyed this alot. Seeing these legends be vulnerable and have real conversations was a highlight of the movie. Seeing masculine Black Men without them pushing agendas go at it with words was amazing. Everyone was casted perfectly and all of them got their mannerisms down to a tee.

The actors who played Malcolm and Sam Cooke need Oscar nominations.

I understood why Malcolm was moving the way he was in this film and during that time. He was going through some serious shit! He was worried about his family being out in the street, what the NOI might do to him for leaving the organization, his faith in the honorable Elijah Muhammad and the NOI as a whole was totally shaken, the Feds was on his ass, etc.

I do think Malcolm was kind of trying to use Ali but he also was trying to look out for a person who was young and joining something partly because he believed in him. He felt responsible for getting Ali involved with a person (Elijah Muhammad) who wasn't practicing what he preached. He also was hoping Ali would stick with him which would give him more legitimacy and clout when he splits from the NOI. I also felt Malcolm was trying to convince Jim and Sam to help him a bit and also do more to help black people.

Malcolm's intentions were good but his delivery (and timing) was not the greatest. Maybe one of the reasons he went at them and Sam in particular so hard is because he knew he didn't have much time left on this earth and he seen the potential in them.

Amazon product ASIN 0465093221
I have to buy and read this book.

Cuz the movie kinda made it seem like malcolm "recruited" Ali to the nation. When from the history i kno and the docs i seen ali found the nation on his own. From listening to Elijah's speeches on the radio and reading the Muhammad speaks newspapers. To my understanding ali really jus brought malcolm down to Miami so malcolm could clear his mind cuz of the suspension n the jfk comments giving him stress

Im pretty sure malcolm knew sam n jim were never gonna join the NOI. He was jus tryna sprinkle them w some game. Plus them niggas was grown men, they weren't young and impressionable like ali. They were able to see the nation for what it was.

Amazon product ASIN 0465093221
I have to buy and read this book.

Cuz the movie kinda made it seem like malcolm "recruited" Ali to the nation. When from the history i kno and the docs i seen ali found the nation on his own. From listening to Elijah's speeches on the radio and reading the Muhammad speaks newspapers. To my understanding ali really jus brought malcolm down to Miami so malcolm could clear his mind cuz of the suspension n the jfk comments giving him stress

Im pretty sure malcolm knew sam n jim were never gonna join the NOI. He was jus tryna sprinkle them w some game. Plus them niggas was grown men, they weren't young and impressionable like ali. They were able to see the nation for what it was.

I have the book. It's good. I don't agree with the author believing that Malcolm was using Ali to get back in the Nation. Malcolm had genuine love for Ali. He believed in Ali when most (including the Nation) believed Liston would destroy him. Ali talked bad about Malcolm when he was killed. I love Ali but the two things that bothered me was him turning his back on Malcolm and the way he attacked Joe Frazer in the media hyping their fights.

I have the book. It's good. I don't agree with the author believing that Malcolm was using Ali to get back in the Nation. Malcolm had genuine love for Ali. He believed in Ali when most (including the Nation) believed Liston would destroy him. Ali talked bad about Malcolm when he was killed. I love Ali but the two things that bothered me was him turning his back on Malcolm and the way he attacked Joe Frazer in the media hyping their fights.

Yea. You prolly seen this b4, but for those who haven't (of course ali later changed his views)

And yea, he didnt have to go so hard at Frazier. Lotta that shit he said was borderline racist.

Excellent film. Not much to add that hasn't already been said. All the lead actors delivered top performances and the queen Regina King smashed it on her directorial debut.

What i really liked was that Malcolm wasn't just this bastion of righteousness preaching to the others, he was challenged, especislly by Sam Cooke. The conversations were amazing, but sadly just as relevant today as they were then.

I thought it was good not great but I missed a good amount of the dialogue dealing w my daughter. This the kinda movie Ima have to rewatch when she asleep.

Finally caught this and it was dope as hell

Seriously wouldn't change a thing because the energy and chemistry between them 4 brothers felt real and raw and exactly of the times.

Man, Malcolm was school thrm dudes but they did a great job of checking him and bringing him back in the world and off the podium

I finally caught a chance to watch this (ironically while in Miami lol) last weekend and it was a dope ass movie

My only gripe is it's on Amazon....I wish it was on a bigger platform for more eyes to see

eb7dbbf9f5ca2a5f9598afc502eea6c787912a26.gifv

09f685fdbdfc071c2d302a84a07005d4438cbf6e.gifv

c49975a2726d1822b4df6434143c0d31fe42a773.gifv

91a6277307dad2bfb93f245b8069ebc7ea628b38.gifv

f7e6fefe5242d0e06b612f2984c28384b8f583e6.gifv

751ee190d072327b9d11c4ae193961fd18d58502.gifv

86878a92a92428576c143a2e0c83b54007e673e8.gifv

58fc844877e5cf614ff0f48dfa80fcd3bfd64bb5.gifv

fd8895b877aa28310565ed6da6454ddbea93d006.gifv

6568df2956a4204d8c44dd38add972fc826a66ee.gifv

Back